The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol: funs just getting started when kids start getting into everything:lol: gotta admitt though i wasnt laughing everytime i got home from work to find out my nephew wiped out my saved games on the xbox or ps4:rolleyes:one thing i have learned about kids though its when their infants still before they can crawl times are easiest taking care of a them :lol: just feed burp swap diapers and let em sleep

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking about leaving the country indefinitely but not sure how my parents are going to take it. I've always wanted to leave and I've felt like staying here has been holding me back but I'm scared my mom especially won't take it well. I could stay and be miserable but I don't think that is fair to me.
Which country would you be moving to, and do you have specific plans? It might be better to move somewhere else in the same country first, away from your parents but not away from the entire situation you're used to. Canada is big enough that you can probably find what you're looking for in-country. Living in a place where you aren't a citizen is always more complicated. You don't want to get stuck in a different country with no job, money, or health care, an unfamiliar culture, and no emergency support system.

One of my brother's friends up and moved to Brazil to be with a guy he met online, and of course it didn't work out, and do you know how much a ticket from Brazil costs? So his friends and parents couldn't bail him out, and it was a real situation for a while.

Or, at least have an emergency fund and/or a prepaid return ticket if you want to give it a whirl. Be adventurous, but also be smart.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She could be walking in another couple months!
It's totally possible! I'm hoping she'll decide to work on another skill for a while, like talking or pincer grasp.

:lol: funs just getting started when kids start getting into everything:lol: gotta admitt though i wasnt laughing everytime i got home from work to find out my nephew wiped out my saved games on the xbox or ps4:rolleyes:one thing i have learned about kids though its when their infants still before they can crawl times are easiest taking care of a them :lol: just feed burp swap diapers and let em sleep
There was something nice about being able to leave her on the playmat if I needed to leave the room briefly and knowing she'd still be there when I got back. But it appears those days are gone too soon.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Ha, I'm eating an artichoke (it's been years since I had one! Yummy! Steamed it in the Instant Pot), and I'm wondering who looked at that first thistle bud and thought "well, that looks edible". Things must have been rough, lol.
I feel that way about a lot of the foods we eat! I like lobster, but you have to wonder who looked at it and thought, “Ooo. Yum.” Back in the 1500-1700s, Europeans thought tomatoes were poisonous.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like lobster, but you have to wonder who looked at it and thought, “Ooo. Yum.”
Back in colonial times, lobster was considered icky bycatch and fed to prisoners as part of their punishment, lol. I think they'd be amused to know we consider it a luxury food now. But, yeah, a lot of seafood is like that, who thought "lookit these tightly closed shells, lets boil them and see what happens". There are a lot of foods that were discovered out of desperation, I'm sure. Makes me think of this:
6c210351eccd7364b1cd50d6f2598243b6cdff741c223fb4244e858aee0797a5_1.jpg

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I 100% failed Tourmaline. He attacked one of the other cats and now the friend is thinking of having him put down. I should have given him to someone who wouldn't do it. He looked at me with such love and trust and now this. I told her to bring him back to me. The vet said that as long as he gets vaxxed he can be outside. He's well enough to be vaxxed. Personally I think that he was trying to play. He was outside for a year before getting sick. He had to play rough and aggressive with the other cats so he could hone his survival skills. I see this all the time with Treasure and Sopdet. Very agressive to the point it looks like they are really fighting. The rules are different outside. Anyway here is is he gets sick, cooped up for 2 1/2 to 3 months alone while getting well. He's finally able to meet her cats, thinks oh boy playtime, not realizing that her cats have never lived outside. Probably in cat language he told the other one let's play she said ok but then realized he plays too rough and aggressive and it scared her. If he did the same thing to Treasure and Sopdet they would play right back with him and all would be cool. My friend isn't used to ferals so this behavior is bothering her. Also the mother is very angry as the son tried to break up the cat fight and got injured. I tried to tell them to never get into the cat fight, but to make a loud startling noise instead. Ugh, this is a terrible mess. I really hope the vet realizes that Tourmaline is actually mine and my friend was just fostering til circumstances changed. :(

Last edited:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in colonial times, lobster was considered icky bycatch and fed to prisoners as part of their punishment, lol. I think they'd be amused to know we consider it a luxury food now. But, yeah, a lot of seafood is like that, who thought "lookit these tightly closed shells, lets boil them and see what happens". There are a lot of foods that were discovered out of desperation, I'm sure. Makes me think of this:
Yep! And indentured servants would often have a clause that limited how often a week they could be "made to eat" lobster! Haha!

I went to bed roughly 4 hours ago. I woke up, went to the bathroom, and came back to a broken air conditioner. Now, I am up looking for one on Facebook Marketplace. Blah! It was the perfect cap off to my weird day yesterday. What happened yesterday? It involves a man with a (likely) large poop stain on his pants, a woman watering flowers, a dog, a hill, and the aforementioned air conditioner.

Hobbit and I went to two stores yesterday. At the first store, a surplus store, I noticed a man kind of following me around. I would have brushed it off, except he was definitely staring at me. At one point I noticed a large stain on the back of his grey shorts. From the location and color, I assumed it was poop. After a bit, I did not see him, so I relaxed a little. Then, he suddenly was behind me, put his face near my shoulder and sniffed. It was a loud sniff. I jumped, yelled in shock and fear, and asked him what he was doing. He ran off. I spoke with one of the employees and told them what happened. They went looking for him, but he had been seen leaving moments earlier. (It is not a large store.) I calmed myself down and went to Lowes.

At Lowes, I needed three things: Rocks, air conditioner fin cleaner, and thin set cement. While looking at the rocks, I saw a woman randomly watering the plants. She was not an employee, and she had a small dog in a pink dress that was running around.(When I saw the dog, it was nowhere near her. I mean, it was completely across the garden center by the rocks. I thought it was lost!) The dog was not friendly! When I went towards the flowers, An employee was confronting the woman who was watering the plants. Her dog had followed me and was an aisle away. He went to turn off the water—likely afraid to take the hose from her because she might spray him—when her dog ran at me and started biting the leg of my jeans. (Thank goodness I never wear shorts!) The woman hears, turns, and sprays me with water just as the employee turned it off. They gave me a free plant, but I forgot to get the rest of the things I needed.

When I got home, I noticed that our hose was on. (We had not used it, but sometimes neighbor kids or pet walkers will stop and use the water for quick drinks. We have seen them do it and usually do not care. It is a small village, and stuff like that happens. Our yard is a cut-through to one of the only stores not on the square, so...) That part of the hill is kind of steep slop, which means I do not go down it on account of my poor walking ability and lack of balance. Well, I tried anyway. If you are wondering if I fell, no. I slid gracefully halfway down the hill mostly on my butt. My neighbor who I do not normally speak with —as opposed to the one who is my friend—saw me and ran to help.

I checked on Hobbit who was in his pack-and-play but likes to try to get out. He was surprisingly fine, so I went upstairs to change. That is when I noticed our air conditioner was spitting and sputtering.I took it apart and cleaned it out, as I have done a few times in the past. It was just a gross, difficult job. Because of my walking issues, I just took it apart on the floor in my bedroom on a stack of old towels.I guess it needed more than a cleaning.

I did just get a message from someone, so I am heading on a 30-minute drive! Yay?

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! And indentured servants would often have a clause that limited how often a week they could be "made to eat" lobster! Haha!

I went to bed roughly 4 hours ago. I woke up, went to the bathroom, and came back to a broken air conditioner. Now, I am up looking for one on Facebook Marketplace. Blah! It was the perfect cap off to my weird day yesterday. What happened yesterday? It involves a man with a (likely) large poop stain on his pants, a woman watering flowers, a dog, a hill, and the aforementioned air conditioner.

Hobbit and I went to two stores yesterday. At the first store, a surplus store, I noticed a man kind of following me around. I would have brushed it off, except he was definitely staring at me. At one point I noticed a large stain on the back of his grey shorts. From the location and color, I assumed it was poop. After a bit, I did not see him, so I relaxed a little. Then, he suddenly was behind me, put his face near my shoulder and sniffed. It was a loud sniff. I jumped, yelled in shock and fear, and asked him what he was doing. He ran off. I spoke with one of the employees and told them what happened. They went looking for him, but he had been seen leaving moments earlier. (It is not a large store.) I calmed myself down and went to Lowes.

At Lowes, I needed three things: Rocks, air conditioner fin cleaner, and thin set cement. While looking at the rocks, I saw a woman randomly watering the plants. She was not an employee, and she had a small dog in a pink dress that was running around.(When I saw the dog, it was nowhere near her. I mean, it was completely across the garden center by the rocks. I thought it was lost!) The dog was not friendly! When I went towards the flowers, An employee was confronting the woman who was watering the plants. Her dog had followed me and was an aisle away. He went to turn off the water—likely afraid to take the hose from her because she might spray him—when her dog ran at me and started biting the leg of my jeans. (Thank goodness I never wear shorts!) The woman hears, turns, and sprays me with water just as the employee turned it off. They gave me a free plant, but I forgot to get the rest of the things I needed.

When I got home, I noticed that our hose was on. (We had not used it, but sometimes neighbor kids or pet walkers will stop and use the water for quick drinks. We have seen them do it and usually do not care. It is a small village, and stuff like that happens. Our yard is a cut-through to one of the only stores not on the square, so...) That part of the hill is kind of steep slop, which means I do not go down it on account of my poor walking ability and lack of balance. Well, I tried anyway. If you are wondering if I fell, no. I slid gracefully halfway down the hill mostly on my butt. My neighbor who I do not normally speak with —as opposed to the one who is my friend—saw me and ran to help.

I checked on Hobbit who was in his pack-and-play but likes to try to get out. He was surprisingly fine, so I went upstairs to change. That is when I noticed our air conditioner was spitting and sputtering.I took it apart and cleaned it out, as I have done a few times in the past. It was just a gross, difficult job. Because of my walking issues, I just took it apart on the floor in my bedroom on a stack of old towels.I guess it needed more than a cleaning.

I did just get a message from someone, so I am heading on a 30-minute drive! Yay?
:gaah:Oh what a terrible day you had, my gramma always said things, good or bad, in 3's so hopefully you will have 3 good ones today . Bless your neighbor who came to help.:vibes::vibes::vibes::goodluck::crossfingers::crossfingers::catrub:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I 100% failed Tourmaline. He attacked one of the other cats and now the friend is thinking of having him put down. I should have given him to someone who wouldn't do it. He looked at me with such love and trust and now this. I told her to bring him back to me. The vet said that as long as he gets vaxxed he can be outside. He's well enough to be vaxxed. Personally I think that he was trying to play. He was outside for a year before getting sick. He had to play rough and aggressive with the other cats so he could hone his survival skills. I see this all the time with Treasure and Sopdet. Very agressive to the point it looks like they are really fighting. The rules are different outside. Anyway here is is he gets sick, cooped up for 2 1/2 to 3 months alone while getting well. He's finally able to meet her cats, thinks oh boy playtime, not realizing that her cats have never lived outside. Probably in cat language he told the other one let's play she said ok but then realized he plays too rough and aggressive and it scared her. If he did the same thing to Treasure and Sopdet they would play right back with him and all would be cool. My friend isn't used to ferals so this behavior is bothering her. Also the mother is very angry as the son tried to break up the cat fight and got injured. I tried to tell them to never get into the cat fight, but to make a loud startling noise instead. Ugh, this is a terrible mess. I really hope the vet realizes that Tourmaline is actually mine and my friend was just fostering til circumstances changed. :(
Poor Tourmaline. Good vibes for him and I hope you can get him back,:vibes::vibes::vibes::goodluck::crossfingers::crossfingers::catrub:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, I'm eating an artichoke (it's been years since I had one! Yummy! Steamed it in the Instant Pot), and I'm wondering who looked at that first thistle bud and thought "well, that looks edible". Things must have been rough, lol.
My Sicilian grandmother would stuff them with breadcrumbs and garlic before steaming them. Then you would pull a leaf off, dip it in butter and scrape off the inside. So delicious and great fun to eat.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Tourmaline. Good vibes for him and I hope you can get him back,:vibes::vibes::vibes::goodluck::crossfingers::crossfingers::catrub:
thank you. I know putting him back outside is not ideal but I know he can survive outside as he did for a year. I would just feel horrible if she put him down but she's not even responding to me so I'm in the dark as to what is going on. And I can't leave Mom. All we need is for the neuter but the vet wants to check his vitals in a month to make sure it's safe to do so. At least he'll be vaxxed.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update on bubbles situation. Sitting here doing my normal routine watching my bubbles cameras, I’m doing a patrol of the ones that aren’t on cctv and I see a pair of eyes. Well I have seen them before so I’m watching, but not certain they are hers. Anyway I have a new camera to set up later today and hopefully will tell me what I suspect.
How ever, I seen 4 more raccoons last night and it’s not making catching bubbles any easier!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I not only have to pray for Tourmaline to come back but Mom is sick (not the dementia thing) and now the glass pane back in the basement door. I'm sitting here with my back aggravating me from the "so called pulled muscle" a few months ago, arm in sling from the fracture and a swollen ankle from accidentally hitting it with a brick. Not to mention the toe I injured 2 years ago tripping over Shaman is swollen and all and my other toenail is bruised and black. And Mom refuses to go to AL but insists I take care of her. Unbelievable. At this rate she'll outlive me. :(

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I not only have to pray for Tourmaline to come back but Mom is sick (not the dementia thing) and now the glass pane back in the basement door. I'm sitting here with my back aggravating me from the "so called pulled muscle" a few months ago, arm in sling from the fracture and a swollen ankle from accidentally hitting it with a brick. Not to mention the toe I injured 2 years ago tripping over Shaman is swollen and all and my other toenail is bruised and black. And Mom refuses to go to AL but insists I take care of her. Unbelievable. At this rate she'll outlive me. :(
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :hearthrob:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
She is absolutely refusing to respond to me. I fear the worse has already happened and she's too scared now to tell me. I feel like I let him down horribly. Ok her mother woke her up. Now to think of arrangments for his outdoor living again without wild woman here throwing fits. It would be so much easier if she would just decide to go to AL and leave the house to me. :(

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be so much easier if she would just decide to go to AL and leave the house to me. :(
Here's another thing to think of, unfortunately. We went through this with my aunt and cousins. Unless she has sufficient income/savings to pay for Assisted Living in full (usually around $5000 a month), they'll take the house to pay for it :/. Even if she signed it over to you right now, if she goes into a care home within 5 years they'll still take the house. So that stinks.

Often in-home care is more affordable and is usually covered by Medicare.

Status
Not open for further replies.