The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The two girls spotted one another today through the newly installed gate and it really went well. Lola stayed seated on a chair across the room while Willow let out one soundless hiss and then they watched each other for a few minutes before Willow left. It makes me feel really hopeful that they will be able to eventually live together.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
We were finally able to get the grass cut today after almost a month! My yard is so pretty when it’s freshly cut! Now hopefully I can focus on getting my cat back in the house again this evening. The whole weekend sucked because of rain
Bubblesmom2014 Bubblesmom2014 praying that she will come to you soon

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like this is a crystal ball into my future. Except I'm too old for four kids.
KarenKat KarenKat , Lari Lari , children do have payback. My son, who ended up a foot taller than me by 14, used to hide food from me in the cupboards he knew were too tall for me to see in. He also liked to stash goodies at the back of the freezer.

Last edited:

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bubblesmom2014 Bubblesmom2014 praying that she will come to you soon
Me too! 7 weeks is too long! I have put my summer schedule off to catch her. I never figured she would be this hard to trap! She has been an indoor cat her whole life! Depending on how things go this week we might go ahead with our plans we originally had planned for the summer.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KarenKat KarenKat , Lari Lari , children do have payback. My son, who ended up a foot taller than me by 14, used to hide food from me in the cupboards he knew were too tall for me to see in. He also liked to stash goodies at the back of the freezer.
This is probably true. My mom said she had to give up dairy products with me (though I think she just cut obvious sources and didn't read all labels to make sure things like bread were safe), and it seems I'm paying for that now, so J'll probably hide all the treats from me later as well, lol.

:lol:just make a popsicle with water in those molds they sell:lol:then she gets a fake water only one while you get the real ones:lol:
I may have made some breastmilk popsicles for when I'm sure she's teething to help with the pain. I could try those though they're not bright, pretty colors.

one set of triplets or pair of twins you will be at 4 then :lol:with only one 9 month term
God help me if that happens. 😅

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Day two of having the gate on and door open. Willow comes by and sits at the door periodically with no reaction from Lola. And Lola spends some time at the gate looking out but so far Willow hasn’t been near. Today they got new catnip toys to play with and Lola’s room got a good cleaning. She stood in a corner watching me, no hisses, which was good.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While walking around Saturday I discovered that I've worn through the insole on my favorite Merrell sandals. The soles are perfect. The straps are perfect. Just that suede like insole is worn through. I'm really not "up" for that kind of shopping but now it's getting uncomfortable and we have at least 2 months of sandal wearing left to go. :doh:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking about leaving the country indefinitely but not sure how my parents are going to take it. I've always wanted to leave and I've felt like staying here has been holding me back but I'm scared my mom especially won't take it well. I could stay and be miserable but I don't think that is fair to me.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thinking about leaving the country indefinitely but not sure how my parents are going to take it. I've always wanted to leave and I've felt like staying here has been holding me back but I'm scared my mom especially won't take it well. I could stay and be miserable but I don't think that is fair to me.
My youngest daughter moved to Las Vegas in March. I’m devastated but we talk as much as we can being three hours in time difference. I don’t know if she will stay there long, she’s never even been away from me for very long. It certainly has made her grow in specific areas of her life but she still calls me in a panic if she gets sick. I give her credit for moving so far away for being 21 and no family close by. At least I had family close by if something happened and I needed a place to go in a hurry. My advice to you is sit your parents down and explain how you feel about staying here. Don’t just pack your stuff and leave like my daughter did

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have lived far from most of my family since I was a preteen. My mom and stepdad live nearby and that’s it. We used to have dinner at my Grandparents every Sunday so I was close to my family before that and the move was really hard. I would never move back to the area my parents and I were born in; but sometimes it’s still VERY hard to miss out on the family events. And with the travel restrictions of the last 15/16 months; its only magnified the separation.

I know its much more common these days to move away from a family support system; but I just don’t feel like the grass is always greener on the other side. It IS nicer to miss some of the drama though! 🤪 I’m just too introverted sometimes to make my own support system. My church used to be but that’s shrunk too.

If you line up a job and research it well you might be happier than I was. And I guess there’s no rule saying it has to be permanent. You won’t know till you try! ☺

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily , just be sure in your own mind that you are moving towards something, not running away. The truest thing anyone ever said to me was, "No matter where you go, there you are." IF you are moving towards, then more power to you, and regardless, I wish you all joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.