The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea you would think that would be enough for them to do something. The cops are going on, he didn't take anything. He looked like he was just relaxing, he even looked respectful of the property. Well that doesn't set well with me. And I really have to think of a way to resolve this or my Mom will for sure have a heart attack (not figuratively but for real). The one thing off my mind is that the cats will take off the minute they sense something. Still unnerving though, even though this guy did nothing but trespass. I'm going to post the videos to Next Door and see if anyone recognizes the man or if they had a similar experience. I really don't understand how people can just turn their backs on a very dangerous situation. Is this now the age of "I don't care as long as it's not me." ?

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But it's trespassing!
Actually, it's not legally. You can confront a person and ask if they not go through your yard but a cop can't arrest somebody (unless barred by homeowners) for walking through your yard. If the person was in the yard looking around or acting suspicious, then that is a different story. But it sounds like he wasn't and left. Yes, it is scary to think someone is that close to your house at night but it's not illegal unless the person demonstrates that they are there to perform an illegal act.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended the virtual group event at 9pm last night and texted the MIA friend to let her know so she didn't try to log in. As of right now, there's no response from her but I'm not expecting one anyways. I know what she was doing. It's the same nearly every single Friday - she goes on a rant about work issues or some heated discussion on a hot topic with her BF and it doesn't end until hours later :rolleyes3: She knows there's a weekly virtual group event every Friday evening and always says she'll be there blah blah blah and yet she gets into lengthy discussions with the BF at the same time :hmmm:
Sorry about your absent "friend". I know this sounds harsh, but if this is a constant occurrence, I would just send her an invite, then when she does not show up at the designated time.. I would just forget about her.. Nothing more.. no waiting..
After a couple fo times, I would just ignore her, since she is obviously not wanting tone involved in your group... You also probably need a moderator, limiting time for ranting so people can respond... .. People can just go on and on and on...

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined a Facebook group called "Zillow gone wild" (about crazy houses listed on Zillow) and one of them was a perfectly normal house except someone had photoshopped Bernie on the porch. I had to look through the pictures 3 times before I saw him! I was like "why is this small normal house on Zillow gone wild?" :lol:
That's great! :flail::flail::flail:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I just spent one hour on the phone with police department. They absolutely refuse to do a thing about last night/this early morning because all this person did was come into the yard and sit by the cat stuff and then left. So I suppose trespassing is no longer a crime. I was told that he had to do something like steal or kill someone for them to get involved. Kind of hard to call the police if you have expired though. At least the cats know to run off and hide but I thought the cops were supposed to protect us. So much for that I suppose. :/

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Night time is falling and this is a horrible situation I'm in. Getting no help from anyone around here. This person may be very very dangerous. :(
Idk. Look at it from the other side. If you were out walking and really really needed to sit down, but didn't feel safe sitting on the curb because people drive badly, so you wandered around to someone's backyard and just sat for a bit, well, you'd probably feel bad that you scared them but you might be a bit confused about why they're trying to get you arrested :).

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything was ok last night. I think it was mostly the sleet we had. In response to how I would feel if I had the police called me, what if the guy is homeless or even sick. We are asked if we want the police or a therapist now where I live. Is it really in his best interest to let him just lay around on cold concrete if he has no home? If I see him come through tonight I may ask him (quietly) through the echo dot if he's ok. I have it hid so he can't find it. And we have deadbolts. The cats would take off the minute they sense him on the property or run and hide in the winter shelter so I don't worry so much about them.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Second night in a roll. He didn't come back. He could be homeless and was just passing by. I did a double check last night and if one is outside or homeless their eyes can adjust to the darkness especially with street lights in the back. I felt confident testing again last night as it was sleeting and I doubt anyone would be running around in sleet. I did set my basement outdoor light to turn on and flash (like a strobe) the minute motion was detected in the driveway or other side of the house and had my Echo Dot turn on some music. The most vicious thing that happened last night was 2 possums fighting each other.

Very annoyed. I need to win one auction on Deal Dash to get $50 back from Inbox Dollars yet the customer service on the site refuses to help me understand the auctions. Guess they're crooks as well. :(

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I can't post a song of the day on Facebook anymore. Bummer. I really enjoyed doing that. I went to post a YouTube music video like I have been doing for over a year now, and got a warning that said that is against the rules now, it's considered spam. I guess Facebook only wants pictures. I'm not a picture person, so probably won't spend much time on there anymore.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I can't post a song of the day on Facebook anymore. Bummer. I really enjoyed doing that. I went to post a YouTube music video like I have been doing for over a year now, and got a warning that said that is against the rules now, it's considered spam. I guess Facebook only wants pictures. I'm not a picture person, so probably won't spend much time on there anymore.
I was able to just now post a video on Facebook. Maybe that particular video has a copyright? The one I shared was a Jackson Galaxy. No warning or anything. But I know my cousin, who's an artist has a copyright that states no one can share his music anywhere.

And yes I found out from the police that unless I have a no trespassing sign posted in the yard I can not press charges against someone sleeping there or stopping to take a rest especially since all he did was sit. However, and not to scare anyone but we have also had a rash of people stealing stray/feral cats as they use them as bait in training dogs for dog fights. I doubt that's what he was going to do but still it is worrisome. The only problem I have is what if he fell and hurt himself? With or without a sign is he legally able to sue us?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.