The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now, her mom is molding her into a mini version of herself. She forces interests on her. She's never been allowed to have her own personality.

She spent this last school year in virtual kindergarten. I hope she goes in-person now, because otherwise she'll just get more and more isolated.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man. Someone pour me a drink...

I just decided to check ebay and the website where I usually order a lot of our school books to see whats on sale this week and what not. The history program I like is on backorder till the end of July already. And the grammar one is until 7/9. I normally do most of our book purchasing in July and spend a lot of time searching ebay and things to get the best deals. But the history I never find used for a good price. It costs more than the math or any other subject.. but they like it and it's easy to teach. I'm not up for this yet...:thud:

But I just snagged the teacher manual for the grammar program on ebay and put in an order for some other stuff on the other site. Of course I just missed a free shipping special by 2 days... :thud:Last year our math workbooks were on backorder and then weren't going to come in time so I had to rush an order elsewhere and ended up spending more money. I don't want to do that again. So at least now I'm "on the list" to get that stuff sooner.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am starting to prepare for my new arrival - my mom’s ten years old cat. By even a long time cat owner‘s definition she is not a nice cat. She unfortunately attacks and seriously bites when she gets scared or fearful and is very unpredictable. No way can she be picked up. I will leave her at moms house for a couple weeks with visits of course while I get her used to eating treats I set out in a large carrier. I am hoping she will eventually be relaxed enough with it that I will be able to shut the door on her while she is inside eating. If that doesn’t work, I will have to use a trap.

She cant be re-homed elsewhere due to her potential to injure so I am her only chance. She will live in my spare bedroom until she adjusts and we go through introductions. But I am more than a little apprehensive about taking her.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I am starting to prepare for my new arrival - my mom’s ten years old cat. By even a long time cat owner‘s definition she is not a nice cat. She unfortunately attacks and seriously bites when she gets scared or fearful and is very unpredictable. No way can she be picked up. I will leave her at moms house for a couple weeks with visits of course while I get her used to eating treats I set out in a large carrier. I am hoping she will eventually be relaxed enough with it that I will be able to shut the door on her while she is inside eating. If that doesn’t work, I will have to use a trap.

She cant be re-homed elsewhere due to her potential to injure so I am her only chance. She will live in my spare bedroom until she adjusts and we go through introductions. But I am more than a little apprehensive about taking her.
That takes a lot of time and patience. Not sure if I mentioned this but Sopdet has no vocal chords due to abuse as a kitten. The more I talk to our former Mayor and the mail carrier the more I learn on the background. It took 3 full years of working daily to get Sopdet to come up to me, head butt my hand and love on me. The first year she would run to Washington DC from St Louis MO in 10 seconds if I looked out the window. (Exaggerating but she is a blg black blur when someone comes along). Just the other day she and Treasure were laying at my feet while I was outside sitting with a glass of ice tea.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty sure there are no gator rescues nearby as they aren't typically in that area. Then the question becomes, where to put it until it can get transported. Best to kill it and get a tag for it so that you can use the meat and display the body. That would definitely make a cool mount for his home. I am truly impressed he got it with a bow. Kill site is the size of a quarter so you have to be pretty accurate.
Impressed is not the word I would have used.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If any of you all want food and stuff, we need some more rain around here. The crops aren't looking good. It's drizzly today but that's not enough, we need a good soaking. Several good soakings actually. The river is nearly dry :/.
We are bone, bone dry and have been for weeks. Even though I have watered my lawn a few times it is mostly brown and looking pretty pitiful. Maybe rain today and I am hoping it will be a few hours of good heavy rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.