The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The box of my friend's Christmas presents finally left the :censored: Greensboro USPS distribution facility this morning around 2:30 after over a week of just sitting there. I'm hoping it's on its way to her local post office for delivery :crossfingers: There hasn't been any update to the tracking status since. The post office should be next, at least according to something I found online last night about USPS distribution centers. I also found tons of recent local news articles about the huge backlog of late mail / packages sitting at the Greensboro location and customer complaints about late / missing mail that go back years before the pandemic. I'm going to try UPS or FedEx the next time I need to mail my friend something, anything to avoid Greensboro's USPS facilities.
Usually once they get moving again they get to their destination fairly quickly. I have had three this year, one that I shipped and two that were shipped to me, that each sat for a week or more before moving on.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have it in mind to maybe thrash the gfs dad before i throw him outta my apartment next time they come over to eat you dont go to another mans home make a mess then laugh and think you dont need to clean up after yourself or any persons home for that matter this guy drops all kinds of food during dinner onto the floor and when i point it out to him he doesnt say sorry and clean it he thinks its funny when i say my cat could get diareah. so i told him its not funny clean your crap up! stuck a napkin in his face and told him your a grown man clean up after yourself dont make a mess in my house expecting me to clean up after youthink i am gonna put him out on the patio to eat next time they come over for dinner :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure was play chasing Sopdet and ran her up a tree. Both wound up 50 feet in the tree. I was scared that they'd get stuck. Shaman was the only one I knew who could go 50 miles up a tree and get back down. But they made it.
Is Sopdet a form of Stop That!?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No new updated status of my friend's box:bat: It had to have left Greensboro on a USPS truck. It just needs to go two towns over to drop the box off at my friend's local post office. It should not take over a day to do. There is a possibility that the box is at the post office but hasn't been scanned in yet due to all the mail and few workers. I'm hoping some :censored: didn't send the box back to me because they're not paying attention and just wants to get through stuff as quickly as possible:bat:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is Sopdet a form of Stop That!?
I can't speak as to why she's named that, but Sopdet is an Egyptian goddess.
No new updated status of my friend's box:bat: It had to have left Greensboro on a USPS truck. It just needs to go two towns over to drop the box off at my friend's local post office. It should not take over a day to do. There is a possibility that the box is at the post office but hasn't been scanned in yet due to all the mail and few workers. I'm hoping some :censored: didn't send the box back to me because they're not paying attention and just wants to get through stuff as quickly as possible:bat:
I just got a parcel yesterday (myself) that wasn't scanned at all for 5 days after arriving in Sioux Falls, idk what they did with it. Everything is such a mess.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
When Sopdet started coming here, I was watching with 2 iphones and private periscope broadcast. The white marking on her head looked like a star because of the poor video quality. I originally named her Wichapi (which is also Star in the Lakota language). But as she started coming closer and I was able to stand at the door and watch her at a closer distance, I noticed the white around her neck line that made me think of the elaborate Egyptian necklace (can't think of what that is called). So keeping with the Star (although it was obviously not a star) I changed the name to Sopdet which as Willowy said is an Egyptian Goddess. Sopdet has the unique Tortie markings but the spot on her head, the white around her mouth reminds me of the "Got Milk" commercial and her constant ice color eyes is what intrigued me. She is a very sweet cat.

Sopdet had a very rough life. She was abused as a kitten (from my understanding) which resulted in damage to her vocal chords and so she is not able to vocalize. It took 2 years to tame her.

Sopdet - Wikipedia

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have it in mind to maybe thrash the gfs dad before i throw him outta my apartment next time they come over to eat you dont go to another mans home make a mess then laugh and think you dont need to clean up after yourself or any persons home for that matter this guy drops all kinds of food during dinner onto the floor and when i point it out to him he doesnt say sorry and clean it he thinks its funny when i say my cat could get diareah. so i told him its not funny clean your crap up! stuck a napkin in his face and told him your a grown man clean up after yourself dont make a mess in my house expecting me to clean up after youthink i am gonna put him out on the patio to eat next time they come over for dinner :lol:
Yikes. Way to go on the boundaries and calling him out. Reminds me when my brother went with me when I cleaned out my rental. Had to ask multiple times to clean his dishes as he left food on the plate after washing. And after asking him to make sure his things in the kitchen were cleaned up, there were some trash items he left but was sitting in the car already to go back. Told him I'm not cleaning up after him and he needs to grab his trash. I didn't double check, and when I made the second trip with my mom he still left one empty drink bottle in the kitchen. 😤 So I feel your pain.

The patio sounds like a great compromise if he is unwilling to follow your boundaries. :heartshape:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the Wikipedia page I used to get an idea of the name to give her. I don't know if I'm pronouncing the name correctly but that's the way she's used to me calling her now so for her it's correct. Just a little aside here: I also found the name interesting because the minute she showed up the raccoons would scatter in all directions, as if frightened of her (behavior they don't show with the other black cats or cats in general). And that made me think she truly was an Egyptian Goddess.

Tourmaline is a form of marble tabby. While it seems big we have 5 cats total in the neighborhood that is that big. There is another one identical to Tourmaline except darker fur that I call Onyx. While Onyx is feral, Tourmaline is a dumped pet. CG (who was last seen with Shaman and both disappeared in April) was just as big and there are 2 more that belong to someone up the street.

Oh and packages are moving great for me. I had the new Wyze Cam v3 ship to me on December 21st coming from Seattle at 7:30 pm, went through FedEx, then USPS and place on my front door on December 24th at 9:30 am.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When my kids were little it was recommended to me to place an old sheet below their high chairs so it would catch what they dropped. 😇

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes. Way to go on the boundaries and calling him out. Reminds me when my brother went with me when I cleaned out my rental. Had to ask multiple times to clean his dishes as he left food on the plate after washing. And after asking him to make sure his things in the kitchen were cleaned up, there were some trash items he left but was sitting in the car already to go back. Told him I'm not cleaning up after him and he needs to grab his trash. I didn't double check, and when I made the second trip with my mom he still left one empty drink bottle in the kitchen. 😤 So I feel your pain.

The patio sounds like a great compromise if he is unwilling to follow your boundaries. :heartshape:
When my kids were little it was recommended to me to place an old sheet below their high chairs so it would catch what they dropped. 😇
its not so much the foodas its his assumption"of i dont need to clean it" up along with thinking its funny graycie could have gotten the runs from eating the stuff he dropped cause its not him thats gonna be chasing a cat around to clean its butt i mean i wasnt disrespectful about it to him i just told him your gonna clean that right now i dont want my cat eating it :lol: tone of voice and eyes can get a message across really good when used right

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes you have to keep boundaries like that. You can't be a wet noodle with some people. :crazy:

My FIL is very knowledgeable and not completely unpleasant. But his personality is the kind where we are going to do what I want to do and that's that. Except that doesn't jive with me and he knows it now. It's gotten us in some tense situations before. Like the time where he and DH had to spend the night on a mountain because he didn't actually know where this one trail you had to bushwack to was. I also won't talk politics or religion with him. ;) I've found since I started setting some boundaries like that; we enjoy our visits with him much better! I'd rather be firm in my boundaries and enjoy what we can about each other. I want my kids to know their Grandpa and learn from him; not remember tense and uncomfortable visits.

My Dad can be a bit much too. (Except he's pretty much the opposite of my FIL. It's a good thing they haven't crossed paths since our wedding. They would NOT be buddies! :paranoid:) I told him off once for it (4 days after DD was born; thank you postpartum hormones. :lol:) and hung up on him. He called back to apologize and I've never had to since. :lol:

It must be human nature to test where boundaries are and what we can get away with.

Status
Not open for further replies.