The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is the peppermint pie? Could you possibly post a pic of a slice please? I might get it. That Brioche is good as French toast, sliced up with butter and syrup on it. I liked it toasted in the toaster oven, but microwave was okay too. I have those cheese bagels, but haven't tried them yet, they are in the freezer.
So so so so good! The peppermint flavor was surprisingly powerful and potent (without being overbearing) and the chocolate crust is a great compliment. The directions said to leave the pie out for a bit to thaw or you could eat it right away. I have been cutting pieces off and eating right away, and putting the pie back into the freezer. This would be my advice as the peppermint part starts to "melt" a touch while I was eating a slice. It would have been too soft for me had I thawed it. Not sure if my freezer doesn't get as cold, or the location I placed it determined this, but eating it right out of the freezer is better for me! Absolutely, I can post a pic later! 🤤

Oh, french toast bread sounds great. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate chip pancakes when my mom makes it, but you make the brioche french toast sound so good!

You'll have to let me know how you like the cheese bagels. Will you be putting anything on them?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a bit of a mystery going on and I have to wait until next Wednesday on it. I received a Fed ex notice that a 10.9 pound package was on its way to me from Walmart. The thing is that I haven’t ordered anything from Walmart in months and even then nothing that heavy. So, what is in the package and why was it sent to me. No charge showing up on credit cards, bank account or PayPal.
hmmmmm,,.maybe something from your secret admirer?💞

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Had a litter box crisis this morning. They barely had any left in the box. I normally don't let that happen but I was so low on money and they needed food so I spent what I had on what they needed the most. Well I lost an hour of sleep this morning because they kept pawing the box and mewing at me and refusing to use it. I had ordered litter yesterday and it's to be delivered today but FedEx delivers late around here. Thank god I live next-door to a pet store. Had to buy corn litter just so they would go potty. I prefer grass seed but had no choice. Really need to find a better paying job.

I swear this nurse at work is the most confusing human I ever met. He barely acknowledges my existence for the most part. The most I get is a quick 'sup or how's it going, and that doesn't even happen every day. He's social and smiles with everyone else but me. Then out of the blue he'll ask what's new in my life or make brief conversation. Sometimes I can get a smile or chuckle out of him. On rare occasion he'll randomly ask if I changed my hair and comment that it looks nice. Either way, any little interaction he initiates with me is short and out of the blue, then he goes back to being a brick wall. He's a nice guy, don't get me wrong, he's never mean to me, he just doesn't really socialize with me unless it's work related. I'm assuming he just doesn't like me much and just tries to be polite. Oh well, can't win them all, I guess.

Security keeps going down hill. I guess they don't do background checks and now we have Martin, someone me and my bff were warned to never be alone with. That's comforting. Thanks security for continuing to provide us with quality protection...

Every time he shows up my instinct is to just get the heck out of there, but he is way too chatty and he trapped me in a 15 minute conversation about the food I had. I guess a lot of women get the creeps from him, too. When he walked my bff to her car she made her keys into wolverine claws and hid them in her pocket. She just gets a bad vibe from him. She has been through so much trauma and abuse and was hurt by so many men I trust her gut at this point.

I swear this security company will get sued one day by hiring these people and not looking into them enough.
I'm thinking this guy has a bit of a crush on you or more💞

Why don't they do background checks? An FBI background check is about $50 bucks in Ohio

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'll have to go somewhere for pizza later anyway, so...Red for sure. Not a fan despite spending most of my life along the Mediterranean though. Always liked white and beer better.

What about you and yous? What do you like to drink for fun or with food? Non-alcoholic is fine. Just being curious.
I like Coke, Ginger Ale, tea, pineapple juice, grape juice, sometimes my nephew make me fresh strawberry juice and that is heaven.
I like bottled sparling water.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toys and food mostly. She likes variety in her wet food. Also a few new harnesses and a little hoodie like her green one that's red and black View attachment 360941
I lucked out and got very simple cats. No cat toys needed (although they have plenty). Boone's favorite toy is a water bottle cap and Gracie's favorite is the top to a Pringles can.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you make the brioche french toast sound so good!
I didn't dip it in egg or anything because it already tastes like French toast on it's own. I think it has eggs in it.

cheese bagels. Will you be putting anything on them?
Of course! Probably make a bagel sammich on some, then just butter too.

Here we go! Yummy in my tummy!
Oh thank you for the pic! That looks so good. I'll have to get that one and their peanut butter pie.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness!! When you say crispy, was there chance of a fire? When will the septic prob be fixed?
I am so sorry for what you're going threw.
Gosh I hope not. Her dryer does seem to run hotter than mine. I folded everything last night and they felt fine. I think they were just over dried and un-tumbled. Like when you line-dry a towel in the sun.

We had our soil test done a week ago yesterday so we are waiting on the county to sign off on it. Our septic company said if its simple and doesn’t require an engineer to draw plans they can get us fit in pretty quickly. If not; the process can take 2-3 months. We are at 3 weeks here. Having no water would be worse; but not being able to use water like normal is more disruptive than I would have thought. Packing laundry, toiletries/clean clothes, all our school books and lunches twice a week has been a lot. Not to mention harder to concentrate for DS. But laundry mats are few and far between here. And I figure that is better social distancing to keep going to a known place vs a public. We are not locked-down; but they are raising advisories. I just don’t feel like I have a choice. Unless we want to pay to get pumped out weekly or something. 🤑

At least I try to go and be done before my stepdad is home from work. Not because he minds us there; but his job can be really stressful and he gets up super early. He appreciates the quiet evenings. I have made dinner a couple times. I should plan that again for next week. 🤪

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
40* outside and Isabelle is happily curled between my legs out on the deck. Don't even bother bringing the kittens anymore as it is too chilly and they are anxious to get back in. But Isabelle is happier this way and enjoys cuddling with me without competition.

20201205_123203.jpg

Need to leave the house today. A curbside pickup order at petsmart and another store needs to get picked up. I can't remember the last time I had to get gas, not that I'm complaining. Think I've only been driving 1-2 times a month recently, and it feels like a few months, at least, since filling up on gas. Might be time soon.

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Really, what's the deal with people who move around in the general line area in the store and then gets grumpy when the person "behind them" tries to pay for their groceries before them? And why is it always middle aged women with blonde hair that claim someone took their place? Stay in the line if it's that important, lady, it's not difficult. Lol.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want one so badly but I just can't pull the trigger. I even have a 10% off coupon code. :frustrated:
Custom Pet Portraits
Try etsy? I got a card from a woman at a craft fair that did beautiful ones. I have a photo my Grandpa took of my soul-kitty that I’ve always wanted done. The color is a bit off overall; but it’s an excellent photo of her looking right at the camera. Someday! (I always say someday.)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you guys think of this peppermint pie? Do you think it would taste good?

View attachment 359858
So so so so good! The peppermint flavor was surprisingly powerful and potent (without being overbearing) and the chocolate crust is a great compliment. The directions said to leave the pie out for a bit to thaw or you could eat it right away. I have been cutting pieces off and eating right away, and putting the pie back into the freezer. This would be my advice as the peppermint part starts to "melt" a touch while I was eating a slice. It would have been too soft for me had I thawed it. Not sure if my freezer doesn't get as cold, or the location I placed it determined this, but eating it right out of the freezer is better for me! Absolutely, I can post a pic later! 🤤
Now look at what y'all have done to me. Can't wait to get home and try it!
20201205_184201.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We bought a tree today and put lights on it, and I think it made the cats nuts. I was going to try and do ornaments tomorrow, but maybe that would be too much too soon.

Oddly, they've left the tree alone since the lights went on, but Sparkle keeps going after Lelia. :dunno:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No. Turns out my package coming from Walmart is something I ordered on Amazon. The Amazon shipping notice came yesterday but has the same Fed Ex number as this package. Anyone’s guess why the two work together.
They don't. This happened to me, and I phoned both Walmart and Amazon, both of whom said, " :dunno::dunno::dunno: Beats me." What I suspect happens is that someone at Fed Ex transposes a couple of numbers. Because it was Fed Ex that had my mistake, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.