The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have neighbors that smoke indoors so horrible cigarettes smell in my bathroom. So hoping the leasing manager will edit the lease and add a no smoking rule. My non smoking neighbors will miss me taking care of the wild birds. Anyone know of a leasing agent to help find a non smoking apartment?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today was laundry/shower day for my kids and I at my moms. (My septic cant get fixed soon enough!!) So I packed up all that plus school and lunches. When I pulled my lunch out of mom’s fridge I found my kindle inside the bag. :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag::paperbag::paperbag::paperbag:

Thankfully no harm done! 😅

Also; my hair feels fantastic. Dry shampoo only gets you so far! 😩🤪

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about you and yous? What do you like to drink for fun or with food? Non-alcoholic is fine. Just being curious.
Dr. Pepper if I'm sneaking in something caffeinated. Root beer, hot chocolate. Normally just drink water though that tap filtered through a Brita filter.

I have neighbors that smoke indoors so horrible cigarettes smell in my bathroom. So hoping the leasing manager will edit the lease and add a no smoking rule. My non smoking neighbors will miss me taking care of the wild birds. Anyone know of a leasing agent to help find a non smoking apartment?
Oh noooooooo, this is my worst fear. Renting and not being able to escape smoke. :help:

Not sure what to advise, but sending you positive energy that there is a resolution for you.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy belated birthday Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily ! Pizza and wings are my favorite unhealthy dinner. :yummy: I always order extra wings for leftovers. We only do that maybe 3 times a year.

I am SO low motivation today. I don’t know if its the weather, hormonal or just life but geeze. My DS is not happy 20 minutes later because he wasn’t listening so he missed putting candy canes on the tree. So I don’t think its just me. We all slept late too.

I had to go buy DS a new coat yesterday. I could not fix the zipper on his coat yesterday. This would be his 3rd winter in that one but it still fit. Oh well.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr. Pepper if I'm sneaking in something caffeinated. Root beer, hot chocolate. Normally just drink water though that tap filtered through a Brita filter.

Oh noooooooo, this is my worst fear. Renting and not being able to escape smoke. :help:

Not sure what to advise, but sending you positive energy that there is a resolution for you.
Neighbors have started using air freshener with cinnamon scent. My bathroom has never smelled like a spring time meadow!

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just came to the realization
When my coworkers and friends call me a
CRAZY CAT LADY
I have denied it, always. Especially now I say:
"I only have one cat!"
Well, tonight I pulled out my PetSmart receipt.
It's as long as my queen size bed.
I only have one cat.
And they're right about me.
20201202_193544.jpg

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I am meeting with the manager tomorrow. If this problem cant be fixed I will have to move. Today my bathroom smells like spring meadow. Eather scented freshener or vaping. I feel so sorry for thier 8 year old autistic son

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am meeting with the manager tomorrow. If this problem cant be fixed I will have to move. Today my bathroom smells like spring meadow. Eather scented freshener or vaping. I feel so sorry for thier 8 year old autistic son
Ugh, I'm so sorry. My second apartment allowed smoking, and while my next door neighbors didn't (I was at the end of the hall so only one side neighbor) the ones across the hall did, so the hall reeked whenever I went out. I was so happy when I moved for a job and my third apartment ended up being non-smoking.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went through this with a new neighbor. She smokes, cigars!! and was using incesce to cover it up, [plus the smell of poops from either her or her dog.. She never takes her dog out... She was reeking..

The entire corridor stunk! the Elevator Stunk! I was getting headaches and asthmatic from the stench. IGeoffrey was walking around, in circles, crying because of it.. Even he was sneezing.. I closed off one vent, and put insulation around the entire door... and used 2 air purifiers.. It was bad.

It is a non-smoking building, it is in the lease... however, management has been very soft on the smokers. Now, there is a new property manager, who is stricter.. but I do not think they want to go the eviction route.. they are still soft... ugh

I went through this for 8 months with the neighbor across the hall.. Finally she admitted to smoking in her apartment. Now, I am smelling some cigarette smoke during the Ming. I cannot find out which one it is coming from. It seems to be in the air vents... but I cannot prove it. I go out and sniff around the doors, but.. nope, no smoke smell. It is maddening..

I do not understand how people can be so inconsiderate. I really can't... Management has to be get tuff on them.

I even quoted lines in my lease stating that it is stopping me from the 'peaceful enjoyment of my apartment."

I ended up having to call the emergency maintence number during off hours, so they could document where the stink was coming from. During the day, I called the property manager, herself, to investigate.

Wishing you luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.