The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@MoochNNoodles Those comforters are adorable! I cannot wait to see the finished product of the room. It will be so cute.

Frustrated this morning. My mom told me she was saving the last breakfast sausage for me and when I came up to eat breakfast this morning could not find it. I asked it where it was, and saw she had half eaten on a plate... She ate it. This is the third time this month she happily told me I could have the last of a food portion, but ended up eating it without telling me... She hasn't done this before and seems to be new behavior. I was upset and told her don't tell me you are saving something for me and I can have it if you are just going to eat it. :angrywoman: Whatever, probably going to tell her don't tell me you are saving something for me next time she says she is saving me food.

Other than that, a sunny, brisk day sitting on the enclosed porch with Isabelle. She is on the other couch sitting in a patch of sunlight. I'm over here with a warm, cozy blanket over my lap and my fingertips chilled and almost going numb, haha. But it is nice out here. Feels like the sun hasn't been here for a while. Nice to have it so bright.
How old is she? If this isn't just being nasty, maybe it's a medication that's affecting her memory.
She's your mother, give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she actually doesn't remember telling you.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
finished my Christmas shopping in one fell swoop. Well two. LL Bean's website and Bath and Bodyworks' website. I only have to get gifts for my immediate family, and everyone kind of wanted/needed the same kinds of things. Got my dad LL Bean slippers, my mom a turtleneck sweater, and my brother a pullover (he has recently lost a lot of weight, so needs new winter clothes). Then I just got a variety of things from bath and bodyworks as they had a buy 3 get 3 sale for black friday. Even got my brother some body lotion. He could probably use some moisturizer XD
It's easy enough to shop for the family since I order online and just have everything shipped to my parents' house. Wish it was that easy for my parents to send me things but the Korean sites carry such a different stock.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Has anyone finished gift shopping yet? Or started?
I'm done, and will have everything wrapped, the out-of-town things ready to ship, and my cards ready to go by Wednesday. Thankfully, four of the six urchins I buy for are at the right age that they'd MUCH rather have a $5 bill than a $20 toy. The younger two are still at the stuffed animal stage.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone finished gift shopping yet? Or started?
Just submitted orders the past couple of days. Most shipping to me, and one that will be picked up curbside. May have some for friends to buy, but still deciding. Have you finished?

i have all my christmas cards ready to be mailed , they just need a stamp on them ... i ran out of stamps and waiting on more to come in the mail
My mom just bought Christmas stamps and they are so neat looking. I may actually send cards this year. A few of my friends have sent them in the past, although I have never returned the favor. This year though will be the year. What kind of Christmas cards do you do? Do you make your own or use premade ones?

I found out today that a woman who was like a grandmother to me growing up passed away. I feel so sad.
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My experience with Bumble BFF is going well so far. Talking with a couple people so far through the text messaging on the app. I wasn't sure what to expect, but seems like a good experience so far and there are some neat people on there.

Just finished watching The Christmas Chronicles (the first one). Anyone else see it? It was like an intense horror movie at times, haha. Is it supposed to be a kids movie...? Seemed like an adult move, tbh. Hit me in the feels and made me laugh. And terrified me and raised my blood pressure at others. It was good though, and will probably watch part 2 sometime soon.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Just submitted orders the past couple of days. Most shipping to me, and one that will be picked up curbside. May have some for friends to buy, but still deciding. Have you finished?

My mom just bought Christmas stamps and they are so neat looking. I may actually send cards this year. A few of my friends have sent them in the past, although I have never returned the favor. This year though will be the year. What kind of Christmas cards do you do? Do you make your own or use premade ones?

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:
i get them from the store and just write on it what i want it to say ... this year there will be a special gift inside my cards

Status
Not open for further replies.