The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What do you guys think of this peppermint pie? Do you think it would taste good?

View attachment 359858
Speaking as a cake connoisseur and a peppermint friend, I don't think anyone would eat a whole pepper mint cake in one setting.

Peppermint is good for your digestion though. If you plan on eating it all by yourself, and you like peppermint, why not?

If you're feeding guests, something else might be better. A lot of toothpaste and medicine are mint flavoured, so eating something mint flavoured for fun might be difficult to some.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Tourmaline almost got hit by a car. Something about my poncho scares the cats. At first I thought it was Sopdet only but now Tourmaline too and she ran away so fast she almost got hit by a car. I'm the only one who wore this so now I'm crying big time. She was abused (like Sopdet) and this happens. And as usual in my goofy city no vets and animal experts refuse to help or give insight, Treasure is not scared when I wear it and Shaman (as skittish as she was) was never afraid. I did all of this work with Sopdet and Tourmaline and now this horrible thing happens. I don't know if I"m cut out for this caretaker thing. :(
Seems that all the cats no longer like me. I really did it this time and like I said no one in my city tells me what I'm doing wrong. Going to see if I can find someone to take over and I'll be done with it all. So sad things had to come to this.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever tried the dangling necklace old wives tale trick for determining your babies sex? I tried it last night because a friend told me about it and I think I'm having an existential crisis.
I tried it with my wedding ring on dental floss, lol. Some sites said back and forth boy and circle girl and others said the opposite. And I think it couldn't make up its mind what to do. So, I didn't really get any answers.

Oh, I did it over my belly and not my wrist.

What do you guys think of this peppermint pie? Do you think it would taste good?

View attachment 359858
I think I want to eat it. Yes.

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks really good! Wonder if our Walmart has it here... something to sneak on the next grocery order. :cool: Kinda wish there was some chocolate in it, but I may add some chocolate chips or something if I get it. If you try it, let me know what you think!

I tried it on myself. Necklace with a locket held over my right wrist.

My friend said her sister's friend did it and it was accurate and then she tried it on herself and her sister and they got different answers. Last night, I figured, "What the heck... I'll give it a shot." I'm usually very skeptical of these things. But I used an old locket... was perfectly still... and the necklace started swinging violently without me doing anything. I thought it was just me so I removed my wrist from underneath it and it wouldn't swing until my wrist was directly under the locket. I actually dropped it and was freaking out. I always had a feeling I'd have a boy in the future... not sure why. But I tried it 4 times and I got boy each time. I panicked for hours. Put the locket away and tried it again later. Got the same results only this time, I tried it more than 4 times but the necklace didn't swing. It moved around as if it was confused and just stopped. I even pivoted my arm slightly and it continued to follow the direction of my arm. Up and down and up and down violently as if someone was moving it. I found this funny because I also have always wanted to have 4 kids.
Lol I didn't know you meant future kids. I thought ". . .did I miss something?" :lol:
I was thinking the same thing... I didn't want to be the first to say anything!!! 😂😂😂😂

Last summer, my work buddies introduced me to pendants (think that is what they are called). Where you hold the pendant above your palm and ask questions. Depending on if it goes side to side, etc. it is a yes or no answer. Thinking this is similar to what you tried. It is one of those things that is so weird sounding until you try it yourself!

I tried buying one myself offline, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Probably need to buy one in person and find one that feels right. When I got mine in the mail, I opened it and held the pouch in my hand and started crying... might not be very good energy and should buy another one, haha. It seemed very conflicted and non-cooperative every time I tried to use it. So if anyone buys one, try to buy it in person to find one that feels right energetically, and don't buy them online.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think anyone would eat a whole pepper mint cake in one setting.
I ate half a Dutch apple pie last week! I called it a pie calzone. :lol:

Wonder if our Walmart has it here... something to sneak on the next grocery order. :cool: Kinda wish there was some chocolate in it
The crust is chocolate! "Fluffy, cream cheese-based center layered over a chocolate crumb crust. The pie is topped off with the perfect layer of piped whipped cream and a sprinkle of crushed red peppermint pieces."

Go to the Walmart website and click on Pickup & Delivery in the left hand corner. Then you can see if your store has it.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The crust is chocolate! "Fluffy, cream cheese-based center layered over a chocolate crumb crust. The pie is topped off with the perfect layer of piped whipped cream and a sprinkle of crushed red peppermint pieces."

Go to the Walmart website and click on Pickup & Delivery in the left hand corner. Then you can see if your store has it.

:hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:

You just made me so happy.... that description sounds scrumptious! Hope it is still in stock next week. We just picked up a grocery order yesterday.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I can't believe it. I'm so happy I"m sitting here crying. Earlier today I thought Tourmaline ran away but after looking more closely it was CG but no collar. CG and Tourmaline look very much alike and the collar was what helped me differentiate between the two. So it makes sense the CG would run off. But just now I was looking at my front porch cam and lo and behold under my car was Shaman. I am crying so much I'm so happy. I went out but she wouldn't come to me. But that's ok. At least I know she's alive and well. CG is back with her now.

And I hope someone can answer but why would she come back here if she doesn't want to come to ME anymore. I'm so confused.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone ever tried the dangling necklace old wives tale trick for determining your babies sex? I tried it last night because a friend told me about it and I think I'm having an existential crisis.
I remember hearing about it; but I never tried it. Everyone was peeing on baking soda when I was pregnant with my last one. :flail: I didn't try that either. :crazy:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know if I"m cut out for this caretaker thing. :(
Seems that all the cats no longer like me. I really did it this time and like I said no one in my city tells me what I'm doing wrong. Going to see if I can find someone to take over and I'll be done with it all. So sad things had to come to this
And I hope someone can answer but why would she come back here if she doesn't want to come to ME anymore. I'm so confused.
You are, and they will. What you are going through, while horribly upsetting, isn't at all uncommon with ferals. They disappear, you mourn them, they come back...over and over. They come close, they back away. You just do your best, and don't take it as a personal judgement on their part. As to why she would come back, but not come near you, that's normal. When even a house cat goes missing for some time, they can be spooky and unwilling to come near their humans for a while when found. Ferals even more so. She knows where she is safe, and will slowly warm up to you. Just give her some time.

Some sites said back and forth boy and circle girl and others said the opposite. And I think it couldn't make up its mind what to do.
Forget the sites. Take the pendulum (that's what it is being used as) and hang it over the floor. Say, "show me 'boy.'" Then, "show me 'girl', " and go with that. Do that EVERY time you have a question...show me "yes," show me "no." The trick is to formulate questions with only two answers, "north/south," "yes/no," "boy/girl," etc, and clarify what motion will indicate which answer. OH, you can also ask where "X" is, and follow the direction of the swing. The strength will indicate if you are getting hotter or colder. Diving rods are better for that, though. They'll point out an actual direction.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These Chocolate Chip Brioche Rolls at Walmart are interesting. But how would you eat them? Toasted with butter on them?
Where do you find all these delicious things?? Please tell me this is a Walmart find, too, so I can sneak it onto the next grocery order... (opps, you literally said it in the post and just saw when rereading 😂 I was that excited I missed it!)

Butter sounds delicious. Or adding nutella as a spread??? :cool: This makes me miss going to a Japanese grocery store that has a bakery in it. They have sweet breads like this. And some are in cute smiley faces or animals :) One is a tornado shaped bread with chocolate filling inside. Man, I miss going out to stores.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate group projects sometimes... I'm working with this guy I've never worked before (the one I ended up with after the first guy said he wanted to work with his previous partner instead of me). Didn't know what to expect. He hasn't done any work for 2 weeks. Keeps telling me he will add stuff and then he goes offline. Hasn't been answering my messages. We've made no progress in this project so I've emailed the teacher as this is due tomorrow afternoon. It's a simple project really. We could have knocked it out in a few hours but he won't respond to my messages and when he does, he keeps saying he'll add it "now" but "now" never comes. The slides are still blank. Only my work is on there... because I did all of it... :yelling:

Teacher told me to tell him that we are working on our own from now on and he extended the deadline for me for this weekend instead of tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.