The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents have put down a deposit on a female Sheepadoodle puppy for sometime next year. Mom wants an old-fashioned name for her, so I'm combing every Victorian name list I can find to help :compsurfing:
Fun! We'll need pictures!

But they should see if the groomer offers frequent-flyer discounts ;).

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
each day that passes with graycie in my life i realize more and more how tough stay at home moms aremanaging the kids(graycie) while trying to get dinner and other stuff done is crazy hard i dont know why she insist upon playtime whike i am trying to cooki gotta wonder if i pulled the same stuff to my mom as a kid:lol:karma it must be since i treat her like my kid yep i am one of those:lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember once my inlaws were visiting and SFIL kept picking up the cat toys scattered around the living room. Now I look around amused at me back then and what I considered messy. My DD is fairly neat. DS... nope. My living room isn’t generally covered in toys or anything; but you know where he’s been. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Interestingly enough; their school spots are the opposite. 🤷🏻‍♀️

At least now both cats and children have outgrown climbing baby gates. 😂

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Wouldn't you know it. The minute (I think Shadow came to eat the power bank hooked up to my cam) the powerbank to my cam decided it needed to recharge so I see nothing. Ugh

I should invest in solar panels for these cams. There are some that members of Wyze use to power the cams they have outside because now none of my powerbanks are taking a charge. :(

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ordered a new dry shampoo with my groceries for today. I had a hard time choosing between the one for oily hair or brunette hair. I’m a brunette with oily skin and therefore hair. I have tried to reduce my hair washing but even after months it still looks bad the second afternoon. And dry shampoo didn’t really make my hair look clean; just less shiny.

We are still waiting on the soil test for our septic so I need to try something. Trying to conserve water with long hair is difficult and I feel bad about going to my mother’s all the time.

My dad is pretty confident the part of our system that needs fixing is pretty simple. I can’t wait to do showers and laundry like normal! :lol: :rolleyes2:

Praying for your friends strider rose strider rose . 🙏🏼

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I've had my three now. I'm ready for the positives - bring on the positives universe!

W.L has second stage Kidney. Braveheart now has Tooth Resorption and my house was damaged during a windstorm last week - to which my neighbors think a small tornado hit my house. (The shed is like - gone - and the roof is a mess) The damage is pretty good and insurance is not fun to deal with.

It was nice that half the neighbors came out to see fi we were all okay. A few helped pull out some debris and secure it so no one would get hurt and my other neighbor got on my roof and tarped up the areas so I wouldn't leak. (Since the insurance companies emergency 24 number just said "sorry we're closed" what the helk. So much for a 24 hour Emergency number. ) :censored::sigh::bat:

That being said - no matter what - I'm glad no one was hurt. Anything else can be replaced. It's just stuff.

I love my neighbors.

Last edited:

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about your misfortune. Crappy things always seem to come in clusters, no?

Your neighbours sound great though! ☺
Thank you. xo

*nods* they do. On the plus - you know to "brace yourself" since it seems to be a universal law lol

Yes, they are the reason I don't move - or ever want to.

I was looking out the front window watching what I thought was a big rainstorm and high winds. I didn't see much. I saw a a big storm, rain hit the ground, went up about 6 feet in the air, then everything outside started to spin and I thought "Oh that doesn't look good" and then I saw my shed roof travel all the way up the street like it grew wings and land on a neighbors front yard. Next thing I know shingles took flight and I heard what sounded like a super loud electrical explosion - and no power. Wind storms like that / Tornados are not a thing here normally.

Looking out the window I see like 5 neighbors heading to my house waving frantically freaking out. They all came to make sure I was okay and then told me what they saw. YIKES.

They are totally great! I'm very vey lucky / blessed to have them.

Last edited:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
*nods* they do. On the plus - you know to "brace yourself" since it seems to be a universal law lol

Yes, they are the reason I don't move - or ever want to.

I was looking out the front window watching what I thought was a big rainstorm and high winds. I didn't see much. I saw a a big storm, rain hit the ground, went up about 6 feet in the air, then everything outside started to spin and I thought "Oh that doesn't look good" and then I saw my shed roof travel all the way up the street like it grew wings and land on a neighbors front yard. Next thing I know shingles took flight and I heard what sounded like a super loud electrical explosion - and no power. Wind storms like that / Tornados are not a thing here normally.

Looking out the window I see like 5 neighbors heading to my house waving frantically freaking out. They all came to make sure I was okay and then told me what they saw. YIKES.

They are totally great! I'm very vey lucky / blessed to have them.
sorry to hear about what happened , sending good vibes your way and hugs :vibes:

Status
Not open for further replies.