The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. Heartworm can't survive in the mosquito if the temp drops under 50 any time in the last 2 weeks, so in northern states there's only a few weeks during the summer that heartworm can really be transmitted. In warmer places, of course, it's much more of a problem.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kids gave me their Christmas lists today so I'm setting up the Christmas spreadsheet. I know it's early; but they've gone through 2 toy books (Amazon and Target) and I'd really like to get that out of the way early. I have gotten a few things already. I've also noticed prices go back up in late November so they can be "on sale" in December. :rolleyes: They may try to change their lists a few times; but they know the routine. DD's desire for toys is dwindling and I enjoy this part of preparing for the holidays. So I'm going to savor it. My mother is also shopping already; so I need to be prepared when the Grandparents ask for ideas. :crazy: It's nice to be focused on something happy.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kids gave me their Christmas lists today so I'm setting up the Christmas spreadsheet. I know it's early; but they've gone through 2 toy books (Amazon and Target) and I'd really like to get that out of the way early. I have gotten a few things already. I've also noticed prices go back up in late November so they can be "on sale" in December. :rolleyes: They may try to change their lists a few times; but they know the routine. DD's desire for toys is dwindling and I enjoy this part of preparing for the holidays. So I'm going to savor it. My mother is also shopping already; so I need to be prepared when the Grandparents ask for ideas. :crazy: It's nice to be focused on something happy.
I almost spit out my drink when you said "i know its early" - Been done with my christmas shopping for two weeks.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I almost spit out my drink when you said "i know its early" - Been done with my christmas shopping for two weeks.
I'm with you...mine is ALMOST done, and will be completed on November 3. I have to pick out the right card to tuck my granddaughter's money it. She prefers cash to anything else. Says it is "the gift of infinite possibilities."

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am think about Election Day/week stress and what I want to do to distract myself. I won’t (or will try not to) be watching the news for at least a few days. I am canceling my CNN breaking news pop up, and have downloaded half a dozen free games to play on my IPad. I also have six seasons of Schitt’s Creek on Netflicks I intend to watch and new jigsaw puzzles ready. We will see if that’s going to be enough.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well thank you for making me feel more normal! :lol: I usually start some for them by mid-summer when toys go on clearance; but I missed that this year. Making a spreadsheet with their lists helps me budget. But I can’t finish too early or I end up spending more. Either because their tastes rotate or because it’s fun!

I’m up to 15 nieces and nephews plus a few close cousins kids; so really I’m probably behind. They don’t all get gifts thankfully. But enough do! Only 2 are +18; but after about 14/15; its cash or gift cards. 🤪

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that’s not looking very good. Maybe mix it with something they like?
They loved the WEF duck wet food they had yesterday. I was worried about that as they had never had duck before. Who knew chicken would be a solid "nope". They have always eaten any brand of chicken wet food I have given them.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
They loved the WEF duck wet food they had yesterday. I was worried about that as they had never had duck before. Who knew chicken would be a solid "nope". They have always eaten any brand of chicken wet food I have given them.
Willow hates the Crave turkey but LOVES the turkey and duck, so duck must be the good stuff.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am chilled from being outside tonight. I was in my winter coat with a knit cap and around the fire pit when I wasn’t playing a game. But 🥶! I’ve already had a hot shower and I’m under a big comforter with Mooch in my lap but I’m still cold. :coldcat:I should have made some hot tea but now I don’t want to make Mooch get up.:lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking Whole Earth Farm's chicken wet food is a swing and a miss. :ohwell: Unfortunately I have 23 cans left to get through.
My kitties just tried WEFs last night and it seemed like a miss. Bought three flavors total, so we'll see. Hope mine will also like the other flavors better. I think they had the chicken for their first flavor.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reached out to a friend while I was struggling the other day. She texted me back, but I didn't responded as I was still processing things, including her response. I felt bad for not messaging her back, especially the next morning as she had sent me a bunch of memes to cheer me up. Later that day there was a missed call from her and I texted her I could call in 15 min. and apologized for not getting back to her as I was still processing some things and also how guilty i felt for not getting back to her.

I went up stairs and my mom mentioned someone left a bouquet of flowers on the porch. Neither my mom or I knew who left it and thought it was very kind. Well, I pulled out my phone a few minutes later and saw my friend had texted me back no need to feel guilty, she just wanted to let me know how loved and cared for I am, and that her and her husband left something for me on my porch.

Oh man, I sobbed for 15 minutes straight. Her kindness hit me so hard, and I struggled to feel like I deserved it after taking so long to text her back. I've been struggling so hard this week, and felt really ashamed when thinking of reaching out to friends, but I think it will be good for me to do that more this week.

I'm thinking of asking that friend if I can check in with her once a day this next week as it may help me feel less alone. It feels weird to ask this, but I'm reminding myself I'd be more than happy to do this for a friend and it doesn't hurt to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.