The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone must be going through a growth spurt. Every once in a while I will give Boone and Gracie a 3oz can each (I normally split one between them). Not only did Boone eat all of his but he ate some of Gracie's leftovers.

I really wish I could find a good kitten food that was low in calories but dense enough that Boone would not eat as much to get full. He can empty the dry food bowl some times.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the yarn I spun up!
View attachment 315630

61 yards of 3 ply WW *size 4* yarn. I'm now spinning up some really pretty Merino wool that makes me think of Ice Cream
View attachment 315631

Alicia88 Alicia88 I'm glad he doesn't remember. I think remembering would make it worse! Also I've heard of that. My mom was naturally immune to chicken pox!

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles The 12 days of Christmas doesn't end until the 6th so you can get your puzzle started before then and it counts haha
that yarn reminds me of rainbow sherbert :)glad i have a pint already in the freezer to snack on already

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know what aloe vera can be used for? I got a giant plant and had to cut it down a lot. Do these leaves look safe?
View attachment 356154
It's good for burns. Maybe put them in the freezer until someone gets burned? They can also be rooted like other succulent leaves if you want to have more (you could give them away!).

The zoo announced their annual Zoo Boo, but mentioned that the tigers will be put in their backstage enclosures during the event. Now my mind is going wild about why. Do the tigers try to attack costumed people? Do they get hunt-y at night? It's not the weather because tigers are from Siberia anyway. I really want to know! Lol, my brain thinks of too many things.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The zoo announced their annual Zoo Boo, but mentioned that the tigers will be put in their backstage enclosures during the event. Now my mind is going wild about why. Do the tigers try to attack costumed people? Do they get hunt-y at night? It's not the weather because tigers are from Siberia anyway. I really want to know! Lol, my brain thinks of too many things.
Maybe people congregate around them?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're kind of in a bubble with our neighbors. We all have kids and we're being as careful as we can. And there's no way to keep the kids apart if they're all outside and none of us wanted to trap them inside all summer. So we're probably just going to trick or treat among ourselves and call it good enough.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or they’re more susceptible to coronavirus?
A possibility! But they aren't putting up the snow leopards, pallas cats, caracals, cheetahs, etc.

Part of the sales pitch for nighttime events is to be able to see more natural behavior from nocturnal animals. Plus they're limiting the number of tickets this year for COVID reasons so crowding can't be too bad, and isn't the zoo usually crowded with little kids?

Although, it's my opinion that the tiger enclosure isn't secure enough against idiots----some dope stuck his hand through the fence a few years and got scratched by a tiger's tooth and had to take rabies shots, plus they lost a caracal a while ago because a kid got scratched and the parents refused rabies shots so they had to put him down---so maybe they're trying to avoid problems like that. Or maybe because it's dark and they can't monitor the perimeter as well. Anyway, their site said their tigers are scared of ghoulies and ghosties so we'll go with that I guess 😁.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, my little feral buddy, Scamper, just bit me. Not too hard, and only broke skin in one place. Apparently, he has a tender spot on his left flank, and I hit it. Poor baby. He gave me a quick bite, and when I said, "OW!" he immediately began apologizing for all he's worth. It was kinda sad, seeing how upset he got over it. I bled it really well, came in, washed THOROUGHLY, and dunked the spot in alcohol. I'll be watching the bite VERY closely for several days, and will go to the doctor at the first sign of swelling. That said, he is now allowing me to (gently and slowly) touch his belly for some soft stroking. I'm betting that within a month or so, I'll be able to pick him up, which means a trip to the vet for neutering and having something decided about his bad front right leg.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does anyone know what aloe vera can be used for?

ANYTHING to do with skin "ouchies." Burns of any type, most fungal infections, as well. BE ALERT...Aloe vera is toxic to cats, however, it is the outer leaves and the inner white part that is toxic (those contain natural latex). The danger is when they chew the leaves, so keep the plant out of the cats' reach. If you split the leaves and carefully scrape out the gel, which is the medicinal part, that's fine. You can use the gel safely around, and even on, cats.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tomcats nip easily, I've found. Maybe they get overly "excited", idk. Hopefully that will improve once he's neutered.
He's a very good boy, generally. Knows his name, and comes running. Doesn't even want to eat until he's had his loving. And yes, I'm certain he is a true feral. Most of you remember me talking about Little Bit, the feral I first fed. Scamper is one of her kittens from 2019. He's been attempting to come in my apartment since she first brought his litter to me for food when they were about 8 weeks old.

I can't trap on the property, which is why I've been SLOWLY getting him to the point that touching his tummy is considered a good thing. I'll have to be able to pick him up and physically set him in the carrier.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a dream where I was sleeping down by the main road for some reason. (In the dream it felt like that was perfectly normal). In the dream, I woke up and walked back down the gravel road to my house. When I got there I found my youngest son crying because his Dad was gone and he wouldn't answer his cell phone.

I woke up for real and then got really sad. My youngest is not a crier unless a pet has died. Then I started thinking that every pet he has known has had to be put to sleep suddenly. The last 3 that he remembers well, 2 out of the 3 were put to sleep while he was at school so he came home and was told they were gone. It would always rip out his heart. He never got to say goodbye. The last one in May, he never got to say goodbye as again, we had no idea that was "the end" when she went to the vet but at least he knew it was happening before it did. It wasn't a total shock out of the blue.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The new cat tree was delivered today, although only box 1 of 2. I was a little worried as Amazon said I could keep the box, get a refund, and just reorder, but the current item price is almost $100 more than when I purchased. Instead they have arranged for a free pick-up to ship the item back and a replacement will be sent. It may take another 2-4 weeks to receive, but at least it will be for the price I paid. Hoping the second box will magically show up before the pick-up is scheduled on Wednesday and I can cancel the pick-up and replacement, but we'll see! Cannot wait to set it up. The cat tree has the top three tiers wobbling and it makes me nervous when the kittens chase each other up and down and worry about it breaking. I'll still keep the old, but take off the top three tiers. The tree also wobbles a bit on the thick carpet when they race up and down. The new one is supposed to be much more study and has a wider base, plus provide them more room. Excited for when it can be set up!

Status
Not open for further replies.