The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Part of the process of learning to crochet for me was failing over and over and getting frustrated until I finally got it. Now, I'm able to do much some complex patterns without much thought. Take your time and slow down the YouTube tutorials if you have to. No rush! And once you get it, it's an amazing feeling to create things. Almost anything you want! ;)
I had a hard time holding the yarn right last time. My fingers go so cramped and I ended up with a headache and stiff hands. The weave ended up very tight too. :lol: I think if I'd figured out how to keep the yarn just right I would have had an easier time and not been wishing for my Grandpa's giant magnifying glass. :flail:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah! That happened to me too. When I made that crochet bag, I couldn't even pick up a needle and yarn for a month and a half after that. My hand cramped up so badly and I also had a hard time loosening the stitching. I'm immensely impressed by those who crochet like sewing machines and never miss a crochet.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever strikes my fancy. :lol2: Sometimes I paint. Sometimes I paint on stuff. Sometimes I do floral arrangements. I've made candle holders and jewelry boxes. Sometimes I sew. I have sculpey around here too. Really it's just whatever strikes my fancy but I don't know yet. I just need to do something crafty.

How neat. What is your painting style? I paint, too, and it is more abstract, not really focusing on creating a specific picture, but more mixing colors together as a form of emotional expression. I've been meaning to pull out my paints sometime soon.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lovely, relaxing thunderstorm this morning and warm enough to keep the windows open. Katrina's cuddliness has increased the past few days and wonder if the chillier weather is motivating her to cuddle more with me while at my computer. So comfy having a warm, purring machine in my lap with her front legs draped over my wrist.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wondering how much survival gear etc i need to have on hand just in case things go bad after this election is over
We have been preparing for months. 3 months worth of food in case delivery trucks can't get through due to rioting/shooting. Cash on hand in case ATMs get looted. And my husband's favorite... plenty of guns and ammo. I seriously doubt anything will happen that bad here in the boonies but we are mostly definitely prepared for either another Covid lockdown or mass chaos. Husband already told me I wouldn't be going into work (near Washington DC) because that is where things will be the worst.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been preparing for months. 3 months worth of food in case delivery trucks can't get through due to rioting/shooting. Cash on hand in case ATMs get looted. And my husband's favorite... plenty of guns and ammo. I seriously doubt anything will happen that bad here in the boonies but we are mostly definitely prepared for either another Covid lockdown or mass chaos. Husband already told me I wouldn't be going into work (near Washington DC) because that is where things will be the worst.
+1 on the guns and ammo but you never know though i have a friend in michigan who lives in that town where they caught those idiots that wanted to grab the states govenor :lol:i just got to much caveman thinking is all with that"must protect my mate" running around in my head

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
+1 on the guns and ammo but you never know though i have a friend in michigan who lives in that town where they caught those idiots that wanted to grab the states govenor :lol:i just got to much caveman thinking is all with that"must protect my mate" running around in my head
My husband has taught us all how to use the specific gun we are "assigned". He even has where everyone will be stationed. He and oldest will cover the sides of the house. Youngest is on the roof. I am inside the house to get those who get past the others.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 How are you? Miss you! :hugs:
We're good. It was just crazy for a bit. John was temporarily on night shift, which meant we really didn't see him until his days off. And we were all getting pretty run down. But now he's back on days. Yay! Aedan is cutting his 2 year molars and Ali has started teething, so that's pretty exhausting. 20201018_230207.jpg 20201008_170810.jpg 20201005_223711.jpg 20201005_223636.jpg

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been preparing for months. 3 months worth of food in case delivery trucks can't get through due to rioting/shooting. Cash on hand in case ATMs get looted. And my husband's favorite... plenty of guns and ammo. I seriously doubt anything will happen that bad here in the boonies but we are mostly definitely prepared for either another Covid lockdown or mass chaos. Husband already told me I wouldn't be going into work (near Washington DC) because t
hat is where things will be the worst.
I worked in DC for over 40 years and saw a lot of stuff going on. I am glad I am now retired.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is your painting style?
I would just call it crafty. 🤪 I’ve done landscapes some. Other times I paint small stuff. Like one time I painted all the switch covers in my mother’s kitchen with different flowers and I painted flowers on the soffit over her cabinets. I painted some glass ball ornaments with some Christmas scenes. I gave the best one to someone I’m not friends with anymore so I don’t know what happened to it. My best landscape was a final in college and it went missing from my bedroom after I got married but was still moving things out. I cannot draw or paint people. Its sooo hard to get symmetrical features! I think most painting end up having flowers.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work in Alexandria, VA but if things go south because of the election, the Beltway is going to become a warzone.
Boy, that is a long commute. How long does it take you to get back and forth to work? Driving on the Beltway scares the heck out of me in normal times.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, that is a long commute. How long does it take you to get back and forth to work? Driving on the Beltway scares the heck out of me in normal times.
In the AM, it takes about an hour and 10 minutes. In the PM, it takes an hour and 20 minutes. I drive in at off hours so not a lot of traffic. I can usually do at least 70 mph the entire way.

Status
Not open for further replies.