The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what on earth is up with Harvey. He is the weirdest cat ever. My niece warned me that he had shredded entire bread bags but part of me doubted her because what in the heavens would possess a cat to do such a thing?? Well, left a bag of bread on the table last night and he tore the entire thing up. Didn't even eat any of it, just ripped it up like a dog ripping up tissue paper. Used his teeth to shred the plastic and then just had a field day destroying the slices. 🤦🏾‍♀️ When I lock him in the basement, he screams and rattles the door with the strength of a small child. It's actually quite scary. And he will do this for up to an hour.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what on earth is up with Harvey. He is the weirdest cat ever. My niece warned me that he had shredded entire bread bags but part of me doubted her because what in the heavens would possess a cat to do such a thing?? Well, left a bag of bread on the table last night and he tore the entire thing up. Didn't even eat any of it, just ripped it up like a dog ripping up tissue paper. Used his teeth to shred the plastic and then just had a field day destroying the slices. 🤦🏾‍♀️ When I lock him in the basement, he screams and rattles the door with the strength of a small child. It's actually quite scary. And he will do this for up to an hour.
Gracie shreds packs of toilet paper if I don't put it away quick enough.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I need new sheets again. I plopped down on my bed to read this morning and I found a big hole near where my feet go! The last pair wore through in the same spot. :cringe: (And geeze I don’t think I need a pedicure THAT bad! :lol: Maybe I’m more active at night than I thought.)

These are the Threshold brand from Target and I love them because they are so smooth! They feel great in the summer. But I don’t think they are THAT old. Maybe a couple of years? Definitely not more than 4 but I do tend to wash them and put them right back on in the summer. They also stay on the bed nicely!

I don’t know what other brand to try.:sigh:
The Kohl’s brand Big Ones sheets that I mentioned in a past post are on sale now. $24.99 for a Queen set.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Beautiful snow. I'm looking forward to snow here when it does.

We are having one day in the 70's and 60's the next two days. I've been enjoying the cooler weather and even though it has been in the 40's-50's, Isabelle and I curl up on the deck with my blanket and her between my legs enjoying the fresh air.

Excited for my cat's new cat tree to get here. Should be within this week. Yeah!!!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually can't wait for snow. Izellah loves it and I was thinking about buying her a little toboggan to pull around. :blush:

I wonder how to tell when two cats have bonded. I just caught Felix and Harvey laying right next to each other on the carpet in front of the stove. But they only play and sleep next to each other when no one is watching. What's the deal? Hiding their friendship? Silly.

Last edited:

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used public transport for the first time since Feb. It wasn't crowded and everybody was wearing masks but someone sat next to me. I contemplated to ask whether she could move to the next seat.. Then I thought I could stand.. Then I thought other people may get in next stop and stand near me... Then I thought I've been going to all kinds of places since June.. Then I was angry with myself having so much thoughts on something I have only an illusion of control , not a total control over..

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have an itch to do something creative. But I don’t feel like I have time. I love to get lost in a creative project for hours. My mind feels refreshed! Its just hard to let myself start when I know I can’t really get absorbed in it because that’s frustrating too. I’m going to have to think of something.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird problem. I bought a box of Nancy's Petite Quiche today. I just realized there aren't any microwave instructions, despite the fact that these are supposed to be microwaveable. I looked all over the box, on their website, and googled it. Nothing.

I want my quiche :bawling:
Those look so good but the website said they're not available in my zip code

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually can't wait for snow. Izellah loves it and I was thinking about buying her a little toboggan to pull around. :blush:

I wonder how to tell when two cats have bonded. I just caught Felix and Harvey laying right next to each other on the carpet in front of the stove. But they only play and sleep next to each other when no one is watching. What's the deal? Hiding their friendship? Silly.
I've thought similar with Isabelle and the kittens. Isabelle gets very upset when I pull out my camera to take pictures if she is letting the cats get close to her. She will growl and leave the situation when she notices or hears the camera clicking, haha. Very well could be Felix and Harvey like to have a secret friendship. It's cute hearing them laying next to each other, awwww.

I used public transport for the first time since Feb. It wasn't crowded and everybody was wearing masks but someone sat next to me. I contemplated to ask whether she could move to the next seat.. Then I thought I could stand.. Then I thought other people may get in next stop and stand near me... Then I thought I've been going to all kinds of places since June.. Then I was angry with myself having so much thoughts on something I have only an illusion of control , not a total control over..
Reading your thought process is increasing my anxiety just thinking about this, haha.

I have an itch to do something creative. But I don’t feel like I have time. I love to get lost in a creative project for hours. My mind feels refreshed! Its just hard to let myself start when I know I can’t really get absorbed in it because that’s frustrating too. I’m going to have to think of something.
What kinds of creative things are you thinking about? What have you done in the past?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What kinds of creative things are you thinking about? What have you done in the past?
Whatever strikes my fancy. :lol2: Sometimes I paint. Sometimes I paint on stuff. Sometimes I do floral arrangements. I've made candle holders and jewelry boxes. Sometimes I sew. I have sculpey around here too. Really it's just whatever strikes my fancy but I don't know yet. I just need to do something crafty.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe crochet something? It's simple, repetitive, and easy to pick up again if you haven't done it in a while.
I tried to teach myself to crochet but it didn't go well. I think I need hands-on instruction. I would love to be able to sit and just make things like my Aunt does. She's one of those people who if she's sitting; she's crocheting. I should have asked her to teach me when I was a teenager and around more! Maybe I can find something on YouTube to help.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to teach myself to crochet but it didn't go well. I think I need hands-on instruction. I would love to be able to sit and just make things like my Aunt does. She's one of those people who if she's sitting; she's crocheting. I should have asked her to teach me when I was a teenager and around more! Maybe I can find something on YouTube to help.
Part of the process of learning to crochet for me was failing over and over and getting frustrated until I finally got it. Now, I'm able to do much some complex patterns without much thought. Take your time and slow down the YouTube tutorials if you have to. No rush! And once you get it, it's an amazing feeling to create things. Almost anything you want! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.