The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for asking. Yes he has a UTI and is currently on antibiotics. I think he may be feeling a little bit better. His last accident was the day before yesterday and he seems to have more energy yesterday and today chasing the girls around! The vet said he may have crystals though which will need to be addressed when the UTI clears up :) Ive been talking about it on this thread too:

Suggestions for Helping Senior Cat Lose Weight
Grayson has prescription food now for UTI and it stops the crystals from forming. Also makes them thirsty so they drink more which helps. It’s a brand called Hills here in the U.K. Never thought it would work but it’s literally saved his life! And although it’s more expensive than regular cat food it’s still affordable. Keep us posted 😽❤

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Struggling as usual with these devices so I can make $20 by tonight. No one seems to understand there's a pandemic and they cant hold off 3 more days. Ugh What a mess

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird problem. I bought a box of Nancy's Petite Quiche today. I just realized there aren't any microwave instructions, despite the fact that these are supposed to be microwaveable. I looked all over the box, on their website, and googled it. Nothing.

I want my quiche :bawling:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since Jan 2019, I have broken 3 toes!!!
:eek::fear:Oh my gosh! Time for some steel-toed slippers or something! :hugs: It's still hurting off and on and looks interesting. But I think if it was broken or even just a little cracked it would feel much worse. So I'm counting my blessings!
Weird problem. I bought a box of Nancy's Petite Quiche today. I just realized there aren't any microwave instructions, despite the fact that these are supposed to be microwaveable. I looked all over the box, on their website, and googled it. Nothing.

I've done that with things before so you have my sympathy. I can get emotional over my food when it's been stressful or I'm hangry. :paperbag:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Try the suggested directions here:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Saw an ad for a job that I would be a great fit for, but my current contract isn't up until March so I think it's way too early to consider it. It's for a copy editor at a translator and publisher. The office is right next to one of the big palaces in Seoul, which is also a lot closer to home. I would have to get the very top of their pay range offered to make it worth it though since they don't include housing like my current job does. But it would mean more free time and no more worrying about whether the virus is going to shut down the school.
agh. I wish this was being advertised in January, not now. -__- I might still send in my resume and a letter explaining my timeline. If nothing else, when I switch visa types (hopefully in December) I could do freelance work for them until another position opens up (while keeping my current job. Right now, I can't have multiple jobs as my work also sponsors my visa)

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Xraystyle Xraystyle You know it can't hurt to try to get noticed now. When I left one doctor's office I quickly got an interview for another; but it wasn't enough hours like I was looking for. A couple weeks later her main employee stopped showing up for work so she called me.
That's what I'm thinking. I should make connections at least since they are in the industry I'd like to be in.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might still send in my resume and a letter explaining my timeline. If nothing else, when I switch visa types (hopefully in December) I could do freelance work for them until another position opens up (while keeping my current job. Right now, I can't have multiple jobs as my work also sponsors my visa)
Go for it! You never know. It could also open up other doors by making this contact.

One of the jobs I applied to earlier this year was only listed as part-time for 3 months, but my experience was the most they had seen from any of the applicants and they offered a full-time 6 month position. It shocked me and made me wonder if this would have happened with other positions I was interested in, but had not applied for similar or different reasons.

Need to find ways to unwind and recharge. My happy place is being outside and hearing only nature noises. Despite going out early after feeding the cats there is already construction and traffic sounds dominating my ears when out at the park in the morning. Was hoping not to drive to forest preserves to save money and gas, but may end up trying that. I spend a lot of time laying in bed or on the enclosed porch, but it is not the same as going into the park and sitting amongst the trees.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sad right now. I have no choice but I am going to rehome these cats. They'll never trust another human again as a result but this is 3 times this week Treasure is seeing a vet He just got attacked by a dog up the street. I can't keep putting him through all of this because of my selfishness. Having a huge cry over this latest development. I lost all of these cats. :(

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was looking for personalized Christmas stockings and ornament for Boone and Gracie. Found a cute stockings and a cute ornaments but with tax and delivery, it came to almost $90 and that was with the items being on sale!! :gaah: I love my babies but geez that's expensive!!
PCR13_0000013H341C_0194564_W1_SQ.jpg
PCR14_14H228CT_SMLSS_SQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.