The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have broken a toe for sure once and likely a couple of times, pretty much the same way you did yours. Being short I reach too high, things drop and my toes get in the way. Anyway, usually I will bruise within hours, but sometimes you just get red and swollen for a couple of days before you can see the bruise appear.
Thanks! Maybe thats what it’s doing. I text my mother a picture comparing my feet. I figured you all probably don’t want to see. :lol2: (Its not that bad looking; but it is more obvious than it was last night.) It just sort of tingle hurts off and on. It bends; but not perfectly. Probably from swelling; which isn’t that bad either. 🙂

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I cut back to 3 cams outside. I don't know why I had so many to begin with but I realized that some of these cams were pretty useless at nights. So I have 2 pan cams and one V2 and only in the feeding areas. I don't need to see cats or raccoons running up and down the driveway. Stupid to be running out changing power banks to 8 cams all the time.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a weird question for the Canadian members who live near Toronto. Husband plays an online game with a guy who lives near there. He claims that he had gotten arrested for beating up a bank manager recently over Covid19. Anyone hear a story like that on the news??

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone know how long it usually takes for a bruise to form? Google has multiple opinions. :rolleyes3: :lol: I don’t bruise very easily or often but about 12 hours ago a small soda can fell out of the fridge and got my middle toe good. I’m wondering if its going to look worse before its better.

I pulled my sock off a little while ago to see how it looked and now my whole toe is slightly bruised but theres a funny red knot with a white center over the last joint. I’m really glad DH decided our weather isn’t right for a 6 mile hike tomorrow.:crazy: Before he heard about my toe. Thankfully it doesn’t hurt much now but when I did it I was glad I don’t cuss.:lol:
Ugh! I feel for you!! I really do...
Since Jan 2019, I have broken 3 toes!!! Both little toes and my right middle one. The toes, I stubbed... first one while packing and moving.. The last one, the middle toe was when a large Yankee Candle, in glass, fell out of my grip, onto my toe!!
That toe is still red, at times.. I probably damaged the circulation in it..

All you can really do is tape it to the other toes... a real PIA!!
((hugs)))

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this one that happened back on June 12th, but the perp is a woman:
Bank customer charged with assault in Blind River
No, it was a guy and just happened a few days ago. Guy assaulted the manager because a bank employee there had Covid and was still at work. The guy has been in his house for months and lost his crap when he finally ventured out and encountered the sick bank employee.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kid almost got hit by a car because someone wanted to drag race on our street and as usual the cops do nothing.
if that happens alot i gotta solution for you :lol:grab 2 empty coke cans fill up half way with water or sand grab 20 or 40 pound test fishing line string the two cans across your street about door high on a car and sit back and watch the next car that speeds by get its doors caved course your gonna need to flag down the cars not racing on your street wouldnt want innocent drivers paying the price for idiots sorry i believe in vigilante solutions at times

P+P's Meom

What if I don't want to stay calm?
Adult Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf , so glad it was almost!
Yes, extremely frustrating when consequences can't be meted out! :mad2:

I eat alot of popcorn cuz it's a satisfying, semi-healthy snack.

Just tried an idea I read somewhere. One part butter and 1 part honey, melted together and poured over fresh popped corn.

OMG! Sweet and salty, tastes like home-made carmel corn. Wish I'd made a huge batch instead of a small test batch.
:bliss:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I designed this hatchet/hammer in solidworks for an assignment. It took me all day because I'm still learning to use the program. I'm immensely proud of myself because it turned out so good. My end user/target market is campers/hikers/people who fish. So, basically individuals who like to rough it outdoors.
16029854657872831476193340426041.jpg

16029855286076041127261684568068.jpg

16029855621781123727136898295562.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I designed this hatchet/hammer in solidworks for an assignment. It took me all day because I'm still learning to use the program. I'm immensely proud of myself because it turned out so good. My end user/target market is campers/hikers/people who fish. So, basically individuals who like to rough it outdoors.
View attachment 355330
View attachment 355331
View attachment 355333
Wowza!!! That's amazing!! You'll be famous and we can say we knew you when you first started out. :hugs:
Thank you for asking. Yes he has a UTI and is currently on antibiotics. I think he may be feeling a little bit better. His last accident was the day before yesterday and he seems to have more energy yesterday and today chasing the girls around! The vet said he may have crystals though which will need to be addressed when the UTI clears up :) Ive been talking about it on this thread too:

Suggestions for Helping Senior Cat Lose Weight
I'm so happy to hear he is feeling better. My Vincie girl had some UTIs and after a Covenia injection,
she would start feeling better by the following day.

Status
Not open for further replies.