The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only weigh myself once a month; after my cycle. I noticed I would stay the same weight and then once my cycle was over I would suddenly drop pounds. That was when I was using the Bowflex regularly too. My doctor actually said not to weigh myself; just keep moving. So that's my whole exercise philosophy. Just keep moving. Taking the pressure of a scale or sizes off has done more to keep me going than anything else ever would. Following the scale too often is like staring at the top of a mountain from the bottom. I got down 30lb that way. I don't know where I am right now but I'm not going to check either. I'm at that time where my period is getting ready to start so I want to eat everything in sight time of the month. :hmmm::paperbag:

I've also seen people post pictures of themselves side by side. One before starting to exercise with lifting and one after. They were basically all the same weight or heavier; but way more lean and defined. I'm not going to that extreme; but it does make me feel better about not wanting to watch numbers. Plus "inner" fat goes first so you don't alway see those results immediately. I feel good. I'm stronger and have more endurance. I like that my doctor agreed that was more important. She said the numbers would follow.
Just a thought.
When my mom was visiting a few weeks ago, she said "Sara, you have been wearing those same glasses since the beginning of University way back in 2009". I told her that I liked them and I've just got my lenses replaced if my prescription changed. I never really thought about getting new frames, but maybe a change would be nice? It maybe about time 😅
I'm dreading new frames because I hate the styles right now. They give me flashbacks to my first glasses in 2nd-6th grade...big colorful plastic ones that were too huge for my face so they sat on the end of my nose. No thanks! :lol2: Last year DS and I went into the eye doctor at the same time and I didn't have to upgrade my glasses. This year I just didn't feel like it so I only made him an appointment once things opened again.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a thought.
When my mom was visiting a few weeks ago, she said "Sara, you have been wearing those same glasses since the beginning of University way back in 2009". I told her that I liked them and I've just got my lenses replaced if my prescription changed. I never really thought about getting new frames, but maybe a change would be nice? It maybe about time 😅
That was the one thing I liked about having to wear glasses-I liked picking out new frames every year. I never got anything too crazy-purple with leopard spots was probably the craziest, but I was in second grade :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard that too but it literally changed drastically in one day! Friday I was down 4 pounds. Saturday-today, it said I was up 5 pounds.
Did you eat anything salty? I retain water weight if I indulge in something like a salty popcorn, and it eventually flushes out after a few days.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm dreading new frames because I hate the styles right now. They give me flashbacks to my first glasses in 2nd-6th grade...big colorful plastic ones that were too huge for my face so they sat on the end of my nose. No thanks! :lol2: Last year DS and I went into the eye doctor at the same time and I didn't have to upgrade my glasses. This year I just didn't feel like it so I only made him an appointment once things opened again.
Oh gosh :lol:
I like the style of mine which is the main reason why I haven't updated them.
I have to make an appointment soon, so I'll check out the styles and see if any look good on my face.
I know my hubby needs to make an appointment. He has been complaining about his eyes, so maybe we'll get in around the same time. He has never had to have glasses before.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sad. Cooper no longer likes me so whatever happened while he was away those 6 months, the bond between him and I have broke, possibly to never form again. I get no help in figuring out why that bond broke. I have no idea as I was nothing but good to him and this happens. :(

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No. I have maybe 1-2 sodas a week. Scale said todays that I was back down 3 lbs. Can't be due to "that time of the month" because that hasn't occured since I was 32 years old. If anything, I don't eat enough.
Just a thought...I have to put my scales in the EXACT same place when I weigh. If I don't, they can fluctuate by as much as FIVE pounds.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a thought...I have to put my scales in the EXACT same place when I weigh. If I don't, they can fluctuate by as much as FIVE pounds.
I pretty much do but will be more mindful to make sure I do. Unfortunately, checking the scales plays an important role in motivating me. I am not over-weight so walking is purely for exercise but I want to lose a few pounds too. When I don't see any difference in weight, I tend to be less motivated to walk because I can easily say, "Well, it's not like I look that bad at this weight so why bother walking?"

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized I set my youngest's alarm last night but he doesn't have school today. :doh: Having a day off on a Wednesday is so confusing for me. I hope he noticed and turned it off or he'll be getting an unexpected wake up at 0730.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized I set my youngest's alarm last night but he doesn't have school today. :doh: Having a day off on a Wednesday is so confusing for me. I hope he noticed and turned it off or he'll be getting an unexpected wake up at 0730.
Turned out he needed to be up early anyway for a Math MAP testing (standardized test). Now I don't feel so bad.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Fighting this company for my paycheck. I may be homeless and without phone tomorrow and bank won't refund od charges although they plainly mention that they will on their website. :(

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homicide happened yesterday afternoon in the City where I work. Not much evidence came in so far. Just the usual stuff like clothes/belongings. I like to play Detective and try to figure out what happened based on the evidence I have to process. Then I go and read the Police report to see if I am close. ;)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
We have so much going on here in St. Louis (surpassed 200 so far this year and in the top 10 of most violent cities). We are never given any warning of things happening or "lock your doors" like they did here in the 60s and 70s so I may just have to download one of those radio scanners and listen myself. Two week ago we had a very armed and dangerous man in the area but no one took the time to issue text alerts to be careful. And this was during daytime.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have so much going on here in St. Louis (surpassed 200 so far this year and in the top 10 of most violent cities). We are never given any warning of things happening or "lock your doors" like they did here in the 60s and 70s so I may just have to download one of those radio scanners and listen myself. Two week ago we had a very armed and dangerous man in the area but no one took the time to issue text alerts to be careful. And this was during daytime.
It is like night and day from where I live vs where I work. Granted, the City I work in only gets a couple homicides a year usually but there is violent crimes all the time! But where I live, things are the complete opposite. Yes, we have crime but minor stuff most of the time. You feel safe 24/7 whether in your house or out and about. I literally hit the "Welcome to Calvert County" sign and it's like the weight of the world is lifted off my shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.