The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2020 continues to suck. My parents' dog died suddenly last night. My stepdad said he'd been barking at nothing (which he did often) and suddenly yelped and collapsed. Oscar had no health problems-they don't know if it was a seizure or heart attack. He was only five.

Goodbye, Oscar-you big lovable doof.

oscarstick.jpg

oscarcloseup.jpg

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I gave Theo a bath this morning. He is so good about it. He sits and behaves so well during the whole ordeal. I don't even have to really hold onto him and he purrs while I wash him. He must feel good after the LONG blow dry because he was racing all over the house and wanted to play afterwards. He is resting now. He is getting a gorgeous coat for winter! This will be his third winter & he is an adult cat now so that coat will be absolutely GORGEOUS! His face is already framed by his long mane. Such a doll!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a guy come to headquarters asking for his bike and two compressors back. Boss asks me to go out there with him to help carry all the stuff. Guy gets mad and starts yelling and making threats. Boss told me to stay outside with him while he went inside to make a copy of his ID. I quickly grabbed the ID and told boss I'll make the copy. Boss at least has a gun and a taser if things go south. I don't. :lol:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, Alice, but you have many talents!! :hugs: :hearthrob:
Thank you for your kind words :)

My local college offered me a place as they still have spare slots left in their September 2020 courses and are keen for them to fill up, so I will now be taking a teacher training course - the course is mainly academic but also has a day where I would be going into work experience at a local primary/elementary school (which is the age group I'd like to consider teaching). I'm particularly interested in teaching children with learning disabilities and special needs since I was one myself at school, and I found those children connected with me the most in my old job - and I've always been fascinated in learning about how hereditary conditions and their psychology comes about since I was diagnosed with my own.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The vendor fixed my order. Got my begonias in the mail this afternoon. The one on the left is Shade Angel Aurora and the one on the right is St. Nick. They look like something out of a sci-fi movie.View attachment 351933
Are those begonias? They do not look like begonias to me. They look like pothos leaves.

Begonias have flowers.. and the leaves are very different: green and small.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
They are in fact begonias. I think you are thinking of the outdoor type of begonias. These ones are different. They fall under the rex category.

This is what my St. Nick should look like at some point when it matures.
Begonia-T-Rex-St-Nick-6.jpg

The Shade Angel Aurora will look like this at some point when it's colour develops more. Pothos trails, these do not. They grow straight up.
Begonia-Shade-Angel-Aurora-2-510x510.jpg

Last edited:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2020 continues to suck. My parents' dog died suddenly last night. My stepdad said he'd been barking at nothing (which he did often) and suddenly yelped and collapsed. Oscar had no health problems-they don't know if it was a seizure or heart attack. He was only five.

Goodbye, Oscar-you big lovable doof.

View attachment 352037

View attachment 352038
I am so glad they still have Melody. I hate to think of my mother without a pet.

I hope they feel ready to get another dog someday. As much as Oscar annoyed Mom by becoming her shadow, I think she really loved it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In some places it might be illegal to feed wildlife. They do that so that they don't get dependent on being fed or lose their fear of humans. Maybe see if you can find your local ordinances online so you can defend yourself. If it is illegal, they'll probably just tell you to knock it off before actually issuing a ticket or anything.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats not what the problem is. They don't care I feed the cats. They don't want the raccoons to be running around. The raccoons have not been eating here in 2 weeks as I stopped putting out food at night for them. These raccoons have been around since the late 70s. The neighbors complaining have only been here 3 or 4 years. They were told when they moved here there was a lot of wildlife in the area. It was their choice to move in anyway. But since there are bushes that run through 15 properties the raccoons settle there. I would too.

And no it is not illegal here to feed wildlife because we are also feral friendly here because they realize that humans are the reason there are ferals especially with the hoarding situation these cats come from, so if you put out food for cats you have to expect the wildlife to help themselves. Neighbors pets come to eat as well. These are the same neighbors that throw their trash in our yard so they really have no rights.

Anyway playing Skillz games and just embarrassed myself with a bowling game. Good thing it was free entry lol

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also with the loss of fear, it cause more to get hit by cars. We have a lady one street over who feeds deer. I've seen so many get hit by cars cutting across the road to/from her house. We actually had one get hit and make it all the way to our fence line before dropping dead. Man, that was horrible having to drag it into the woods. When my husband and I were out for our evening walk, a group of deer that she must feed came right up to us!! I nearly crapped a brick!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow is my birthday, but I'm really not feeling it. I was turned down for another job, and poor Oscar is gone.
So sorry, Katie. Losing Oscar suddenly is so sad. I'm so sorry for your mother as well.

Try to enjoy your birthday. Mine was Tuesday and I wasn't feeling it either but I did enjoy a double cheeseburger,

1601023180184.png

Status
Not open for further replies.