The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all have minor colds and I'm worn out, but other than that, we're good. Did I mention that John is a CO at the jail now? He's been working 5pm to 5am and then sleeping during the day and I kinda feel like a single parent. It's draining - on both of us.

Connor last weighed in at 22lbs but he's a solid brick of a cat. No fat anywhere on him. He's sleek and muscular. I wouldn't worry about weight. Just his overall shape. And at 6 months old, he's still a kitten. I don't think kittens should ever be put on diets. Or small children. They're still growing too much.
Our past male weighed in around that much (20-22 lbs) and was solid as well. Wasn't planning on putting Boone on a diet. Just worried he was gaining too much weight too fast.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey weighed 13.5 lbs the last time I weighed him! He is about 4-5 years old. He is a very long tall boy. He can stretch up and look at what's on the kitchen counters!! and the kitchen table... So much larger than Artie.
But, he is still a baby. I have to call myself Mama.. I never did that with Artie. Artie was a man/cat... Geoffrey is a baby/kitten .... He seems to understand Mama more than he does Cindy. Never thought I would be calling myself mama; especially to a kitty.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just put some LED lighting in the back of a truck to illuminate the vinyl advertising that go around the truck.
I have got some shadows from some beams inside of the truck so shone some LEDS closely and directly at the shadows (long thin shadows) but the shadows remain as strong as ever.
Dont understand it, never seen that before and wondering what weird law of physics have I invoked.
Totally stumped and doing me head in.
Sometimes weird things happen that can't be explained.

The other night, while everyone was upstairs, we heard a loud crash in the kitchen. Went down there to find that a bowl that was sitting dead center on top of the old freezer had somehow managed to slide off and fall. There was a box on top of it and the box was completely flat on top of the freezer as if someone only dragged the bowl from out under it. I didn't sleep for most of the night because that makes no logical sense and is impossible from a physics standpoint on it's own without human intervention. Couldn't have been the cats because the freezer is about 5.6 - 6ft tall. The bowl is also very heavy. Impossible.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was a scare for sure. First we had an alert in the neighborhood of someone armed and dangerous. This was just a blocks from me. So after I get that alert on Next Door Alexa screams Person Detected in Driveway. I almost had a heart attack. I was about to call the cops because you know those few extra seconds could count in life and death and this person was only a block away from me at the time I saw the alert and with my 1/4 backyard, it would have been a perfect place to run and hide in the bushes. I'm glad though I took a look at the cam because it was a spider. I doubt the police would have been amused by a phone call on a spider. The suspect was apprehended though at the gas station up the street. I really hate AIs. They cause more problems then help. :(

screenshot-nextdoor.com-2020.09.17-08_06_16.png
Spider on Cam.jpg
Person Detection.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad though I took a look at the cam because it was a spider. I doubt the police would have been amused by a phone call on a spider. The suspect was apprehended though at the gas station up the street. I really hate AIs. They cause more problems then help. :(

View attachment 351258
Reminds me a bit of this story, which always makes me laugh.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm updating my iphone 11 Pro to the public release of IOS 14. I have learned that doing these money making apps, if an app doesn't work and you need support the first two things they make you do is update the software on your phone and then the app. IOS 14 worked great on my old phone but then I didn't need that phone. wish me luck all. I may be here next month still fighting this update.

Ugh and it broke my phone. Figures. Why always just me?

Ok, it just finished. I don't see the cool stuff in public release that Apple lied about and what was on my beta version. Oh well. At least the phone is updated and running. Bells and whistles are just that. Bells and whistles.

Last edited:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes weird things happen that can't be explained.

The other night, while everyone was upstairs, we heard a loud crash in the kitchen. Went down there to find that a bowl that was sitting dead center on top of the old freezer had somehow managed to slide off and fall. There was a box on top of it and the box was completely flat on top of the freezer as if someone only dragged the bowl from out under it. I didn't sleep for most of the night because that makes no logical sense and is impossible from a physics standpoint on it's own without human intervention. Couldn't have been the cats because the freezer is about 5.6 - 6ft tall. The bowl is also very heavy. Impossible.
Found the answer to my problem..lol but yours a bit scary like you got a poltergeist.
Put a incandescant light in with the LED,s and it canceled out the light/pulse frequency of the LED,s and all fine.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Will someone please come here and tell Harrison that raccoons are supposed to be sleeping during the day? he's outside right now eating Treasure and Sopdet's food. lol

Ack he has their water all dirty and they wont be fed for another 5 hours because its the take Mom to her hairdresser although she never leaves the house day. Ugh the cats may never return now as a result. :(

I'm crying over this. I put so much time into these cats and now THIS happens :(

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If cats ran away every time their water got dirty I don't think cats would exist. . .:).

I can always tell when the raccoons got into the cat food, lol. I'm actually surprised they don't make a bigger mess around the bowl. I used to have a game camera out and it was so cute to watch them wash their food.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure got a scratch on his nose. Either on some weeds or his usual rough play with Sopdet. I suppose it’s a scratch as no blood but he’s scared of me right now so not sure why unless he also associates injuries to wet rag on wound. Ideas? He disappeared again into bushes. Won’t come out.I rang and called for him for over an hour and he still won't show up. Sopdet is whining Is it possible that he played too rough with Sopdet? My heart is breaking in two. Wouldn't his running scared be a sign that something horrible happened to him? I dont' know what to do.

I wish I could just say he's done this before and will pop up after I spend hours worrying about him but my stomach is churingin a million times right now.
😩

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Twisted Sister's Dee Snider had to make a public statement about yesterdays thing at Target when people were chanting We're Not Going to Take It.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So I'm supposed to let him lie there and be injured?
You said there is no blood only a scratch. This is a generally feral cat right? So you stay calm and let him relax so you can get a better look to see if it truly needs intervention. Ask yourself if unnecessary intervention will benefit him long term. You know his personality better; but sometimes less is more with the ones who do not want handling.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't work on kids, either. Or at least not on Aedan. He's too smart for that.
He will come when hes ready. Fussing over them sometimes pushes them away. They pick up our emotions too. And cats generally do what they want. Occasionally reverse psychology works...except when it doesn’t. I think its better on kids. 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.