Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After weighing Boone last night, I am worried he is too fat for his age. I understand that some breeds are "bigger" than others but since I can't really get a confirmation that he is/isn't part Bengal, I am getting concerned. He is definitely a good eater but I don't really think I am over-feeding him. He isn't as active as Gracie but she tries her best to get him up and moving throughout the day. With only being just shy of 6 months (Sept 27th), I would like to try to curb it now before it gets out of hand if he really is fat and not just "a big boy". :ohwell: :sigh:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We are on day two of basement door removed and it’s jackhammer day as they take out the concrete stairs. I went for a walk just to get away from the noise and could here it two blocks away. But it’s still worth it. Willow had a difficult day yesterday. Because the basement would be open to outdoors for part of the day she was confined to a bedroom. But there was no where to get away from the noise and vibration. After the workers left and I started calling for her I started to hear short little whimpers every few minutes, sort of sounding like a child shuddering after a long cry or a cat fatally injured and gasping their last breaths. It was just heart wrenching. But you can’t go hunt for her or that makes her worse. So I left her and went to take a shower. The sound of the shower is a normal sound and as I hoped it would it calmed her enough so that she came out to see me after I finished. After that there were a few more short panic attacks but by evening she was fine. Today is even noise but now that the basement is closed she can hide down there which I think should help

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After weighing Boone last night, I am worried he is too fat for his age.
How much does he weigh? Demi was full grown around 6 months to a year old. He was 12 pounds and he's still the same weight now. Maggie is about 11 pounds. They are 6 years old now, always stayed the same weight.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much does he weigh? Demi was full grown around 6 months to a year old. He was 12 pounds and he's still the same weight now. Maggie is about 11 pounds. They are 6 years old now, always stayed the same weight.
8.8 lbs. I don't think he is fat as he still has a ways to grow (in my opinion, he will be a larger cat than normal). Just don't want him putting on too much weight for his size.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if cats are like kids when it comes to growth spurts. I can always tell when my kids are going to grow because they eat a lot and put on a little belly fat and then suddenly it's gone and they are taller.
That is what I'm thinking. :lol: Boone really doesn't look fat but man is he solid!! Gracie is light as a feather and I was shocked that she was the same weight Boone was last month (pretty much). He felt a lot heavier at that weight than she does. What do they say? Not fat but big boned. :lol:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! Sooo adorable!!! Love her with kitties!! Love the pink bathrobe!!

How are you? 💖
We all have minor colds and I'm worn out, but other than that, we're good. Did I mention that John is a CO at the jail now? He's been working 5pm to 5am and then sleeping during the day and I kinda feel like a single parent. It's draining - on both of us.

After weighing Boone last night, I am worried he is too fat for his age. I understand that some breeds are "bigger" than others but since I can't really get a confirmation that he is/isn't part Bengal, I am getting concerned. He is definitely a good eater but I don't really think I am over-feeding him. He isn't as active as Gracie but she tries her best to get him up and moving throughout the day. With only being just shy of 6 months (Sept 27th), I would like to try to curb it now before it gets out of hand if he really is fat and not just "a big boy". :ohwell: :sigh:
Connor last weighed in at 22lbs but he's a solid brick of a cat. No fat anywhere on him. He's sleek and muscular. I wouldn't worry about weight. Just his overall shape. And at 6 months old, he's still a kitten. I don't think kittens should ever be put on diets. Or small children. They're still growing too much.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was a false alarm. I'm going to not say a thing for now on until I know for sure on these things. Embarassing.

Sunny day today so again, need to stop panicking.

Meanwhile looking for some RED balloons so I can tape to the sewers on my street for Halloween. Yea I know lol

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just put some LED lighting in the back of a truck to illuminate the vinyl advertising that go around the truck.
I have got some shadows from some beams inside of the truck so shone some LEDS closely and directly at the shadows (long thin shadows) but the shadows remain as strong as ever.
Dont understand it, never seen that before and wondering what weird law of physics have I invoked.
Totally stumped and doing me head in.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We all have minor colds and I'm worn out, but other than that, we're good. Did I mention that John is a CO at the jail now? He's been working 5pm to 5am and then sleeping during the day and I kinda feel like a single parent. It's draining - on both of us.
Sorry you're feeling rough. Does John like his job? Connor is 22 pounds?? Wowza, a big guy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.