The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My new primary care doctor prescribed Celebrex for my chronic pain. I've been taking it since Wednesday, and WOW, what a difference. My back pain is at the lowest level it's ever been, and my knees have stopped hurting for the first time in five years.
That was one of the first meds my Pain Management doc wanted to prescribe but I cannot take it because I am allergic to sulfa.
I'm so glad it's working for you!!! :hugs:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Playing Oregon Trail II because I was feeling nostalgic. It's funny-you brute force your way through a game as a kid and, without having played it for years, can suddenly play it much smarter as an adult.
I remember when I got smart enough to choose to be a doctor. It was like I realized I didn't have to want to be a doctor in real life to play one in the game and give my party a better shot at survival.

I never won Amazon Trail. I always ran out of time. I'm not sure what the secret is there, but there are probably cheat guides on the internet now.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then they were never really friends and only care about themselves.
One of them is starting to come around. I see that she left me a heart emoji on one of my posts on Facebook. She still hasn't wished me a happy bday though. But my bday was Tuesday, so I guess that ship has sailed. That leaves just one friend who isn't speaking to me. She doesn't reply to anything I post on her Facebook wall. Maybe I'll stop posting to her. Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my first "foreign body" incident with the kittens. Looked like somebody ate a string/elastic and had to scoot their butt on the carpet to get it all the way out. :ohwell: I saw Gracie looking at it but I don't know if she was the one who did it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Playing Oregon Trail II because I was feeling nostalgic. It's funny-you brute force your way through a game as a kid and, without having played it for years, can suddenly play it much smarter as an adult.

Oregon Trail is still around? :eek3: Is it still a computer based game or now a phone app? I remember playing Oregon Trail I way back in 4th or 5th grade. I never made it very far in the game but it was a lot of fun.

Does anyone remember the Voyage of the Mimi computer game? That was way back in the late 1980s / early 1990s. It was based on the PBS tv show which starred a young Ben Affleck. There was a whole school curriculum based on the show, too.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oregon Trail is still around? :eek3: Is it still a computer based game or now a phone app? I remember playing Oregon Trail I way back in 4th or 5th grade. I never made it very far in the game but it was a lot of fun.
It's the 1995 game running on an emulator. I'm not killing the entire party like I used to do :lol:

This was one of the few computer games I was allowed to order from the Scholastic Book Club. We had only recently gotten a computer, and I was in a pioneer phase. I had read all of the Little House books, and one Halloween I dressed up as a pioneer girl.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish someone would turn old school games into phone apps :ruminating:

I remember the Scholastic Book Club too! The flimsy paper catalog and the teeny order list that you cut out and gave to the teacher along with the money. I think it came out monthly? I remember getting quite a few books through that. I don't recall computer games, though. Oregon Trail was on a computer at school as was Voyage of the Mimi.

I loved the Little House books. I'm pretty sure I've read most of the books, some over and over again.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember the Scholastic Book Club too! The flimsy paper catalog and the teeny order list that you cut out and gave to the teacher along with the money. I think it came out monthly? I remember getting quite a few books through that. I don't recall computer games, though. Oregon Trail was on a computer at school as was Voyage of the Mimi.
I mainly bought books, but aside from Oregon Trail II, I also got Bill Nye: The Science Guy-Stop The Rock and Where In The USA Is Carmen Sandiego? I think my parents were okay with it as long as the game was educational. I remember that the Carmen Sandiego game came with a book about the states, which I used for a report.

I had played the original Oregon Trail at school, which was why I wanted II so badly.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carmen San Diego was another good game :biggrin: I think the first or second home computer my parents bought had that game included. The tv game show was good too and the theme song catchy. You can play a new version of the game via phone app or Google Earth: https://www.carmensandiego.com/game/

I'm browsing online for non-down / non-down alternative comforters. Why are pattered comforters either overly floral, striped, plaid, or some stuffy busy design or with fancy ruffles? I haven't found any that I like yet. Macy's is having a sale on bed in a bag sets but I don't need a whole set.

Last edited:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carmen San Diego was another good game :biggrin: I think the first or second home computer my parents bought had that game included. The tv game show was good too and the theme song catchy. You can play a new version of the game via phone app or Google Earth: https://www.carmensandiego.com/game/
That's cool! I just saved the Crown Jewels :biggrin:

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who remembers the game show! I loved it.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So this one person and I on the Slowly app have decided to collaborate on a chapter for my novel during NaNoWriMo and I get a male point of view on one of the scenes I'm doing. Anyway trying to figure out how to send photos as he wants to see photos of the cats through the app but as usual in my life I get no answers on how to do that. :/

Even the people who created the app dont know. What the heck? Why do I always seem to wind up with apps that lie to me or developers of the app that refuse to answer my questions.

Last edited:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought a new jacket for fall. My old one has lasted for just over a decade :jawdrop: It's still in good condition, but I'm so sick of seeing it :lol: I'm planning to donate it.

The new one is a trench coat-I've always liked the look, but I've never had one.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok Cooper showed up again. He seems to be calming a bit but still food aggressive. I suppose that's just his personality like it was Pepper's. Anyway I just unloaded a huge 16 lb bag of cat food that was in the stairwell. Cooper looked at the bag, saw the photo of the cat on the bag and started to growl and hiss. haha Sorry I just had to laugh at that, like a cat fighting his/her reflection in the mirror.

I have a jacket here that once belonged to my Grandfather. And he passed away in 1967. I have no idea how long he had it before he passed away and it's in good condition.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I reluctantly put away my summer quilt last night and pulled out the comforter :frown: Nights are getting cooler but days are still warm. I need a new comforter. The one I have came as part as one of those "bed in a bag sets" and most of the inner polyester fill material is gone (where I don't know :dunno: Fluffing it makes no difference). I don't need a down comforter as I have one already. Just something warmer than a quilt.

The position left vacant by the problem tech has been posted. Hopefully we get qualified competent candidates :crossfingers: It still bugs me that the problem tech couldn't do the job and was super slow at everything. I did something the other day that only took 2 hours. She did the exact same thing on the July 4th holiday, the only thing she was assigned to do, and it took her all day :headscratch: Why??? :frustrated:I guess it's one of those things that no one will ever know.
I use a flannel sheet as an extra blanket. They are warm and easy enough to kick off if they get too warm..

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yew, spent the morning with the dementia auntie. She has had mice coming in and was beside herself. She insisted they were coming through her concrete block and that I cover a section of wall with flex paste. She wouldn’t accept that a mouse couldn’t go through solid block so I spent an hour covering the block and then started looking for the actual mouse hole. I found it and stuffed it with steel wool and explained a half dozen times to the aunt that yes, you need to use steel wool because they can’t eat through it and no, caulk alone wouldn’t do it. Caulk and flex paste covered I left after a couple hours and am resting the remainder of the day.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sopdet disappeared again and Treasure is driving me nuts about it. I hate that I can't leave a very elderly and frail woman alone for 2 minutes so I can look. Ugh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.