The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ugh. I have a tooth fragment coming out of an extraction site. That tooth was pulled in March, and it really was a hack job. This is really hurting :bawling2:

I'm having a crown and filling done tomorrow. Do you think they'd be willing to pull the fragment? It's right at the surface, but I don't know if that would be considered surgery, because they don't do surgeries.
can you extract it yourself? ...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. I have a tooth fragment coming out of an extraction site. That tooth was pulled in March, and it really was a hack job. This is really hurting :bawling2:

I'm having a crown and filling done tomorrow. Do you think they'd be willing to pull the fragment? It's right at the surface, but I don't know if that would be considered surgery, because they don't do surgeries.
They might if it’s right at the surface. If you brush the area with a toothbrush you might get it to break through. I had bone fragments doing that from my implant bone graft and usually when they really started to hurt they were really close to popping out. The toothbrush did the trick for me.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really stupid how we have to leave our curtains and mirrors that are mounted to the wall behind. I have to leave my bookshelf which sucks, but those are the rules and we have to follow them, so yeah.
I assume you mean you own the home, are selling it, and the rule is that anything mounted to the house is included in the sale. Yes that's true, but you can negotiate with the buyer to buy those items back. They may not want those curtains and mirrors, or even the bookshelf. It's worth asking about anyway!

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They might if it’s right at the surface. If you brush the area with a toothbrush you might get it to break through. I had bone fragments doing that from my implant bone graft and usually when they really started to hurt they were really close to popping out. The toothbrush did the trick for me.
So I can take care of this myself?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we finally bought a house last week. It's in a small community that has its own mini town with apartments on top of shops, parks, and gazebo sitting areas. The houses are all different colors (some are blue, some red, some pink, ours is beige-ish etc.), shapes, and sizes so it lacks that cookie cutter subdivision look (something I'm thankful for). With all the colors it looks like a small dollhouse village. Super cute and quiet. One of the parks have a pond you can fish in.
That sounds super adorable! Congrats!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a brand new, never taken out of the box 6 gallon all-in-one fish tank that I have no intention of using. How much would I sell it for? I bought it for $27 several years ago. The original price was a little over $100. The particular model was being discontinued and it was a popular "must have" item posted on a fish forum I was on at the time. Should I price the fish tank at $100?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a look at the other ads that are up and try to get a feel for the price. Even though it's new, I think most people expect to pay less when they buy from a person vs a store. I'd probably ask $60 but like I said, try to get a feel for the local market.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a brand new, never taken out of the box 6 gallon all-in-one fish tank that I have no intention of using. How much would I sell it for? I bought it for $27 several years ago. The original price was a little over $100. The particular model was being discontinued and it was a popular "must have" item posted on a fish forum I was on at the time. Should I price the fish tank at $100?
Always ask for more than what you are willing to accept. If you really want $80, ask for $100 OBO. If they offer $90 you will still be ahead of what you were willing to drop it down to. If they offer you $80, you can counter at $85. These numbers are just examples of course.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was out in the sun longer than I expected on Saturday and ended up with a sunburn. I wear a moisturizer with SPF every day; but I was so busy getting out the door on Saturday (way earlier than I'm normally even awake) that I don't remember IF I put it on or if I just didn't do it well. After I was out I realized I didn't have any other stuff on so I tried the spray on kind. It was either too late or I didn't use it right. Normally I use a lotion sport one with a pump top. My forehead, nose, chest, ears and arms got it. I have actual burn/tan lines on my earlobes from my hoop earrings! :doh::paperbag: :lol2: It's mostly faded now. I've been diligently applying aloe and I used my DD's Calendula Goatsmilk soap today. Saturday I used a peppermint soap and it felt so good! It has a bit of a cooling effect. It was an accident of course; but I won't be doing that again anytime soon!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is $50 a reasonable price? I'm going to post the fish tank for sale on the intranet classified list at work and the pet channel on the company's Slack thingy. If there are no takers, then I'll try Craigslist or something.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is $50 a reasonable price? I'm going to post the fish tank for sale on the intranet classified list at work and the pet channel on the company's Slack thingy. If there are no takers, then I'll try Craigslist or something.
I don't know much about fish tanks but I'd check those sites and CL for something similar and price it from there. What condition is it in? Has it been used? If you use CL, beware of choosing beggars.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my last day on antibiotics and I am so happy. I'm tired of being sleepy all day long especially with so much going on and needing to be done.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I assume you mean you own the home, are selling it, and the rule is that anything mounted to the house is included in the sale. Yes that's true, but you can negotiate with the buyer to buy those items back. They may not want those curtains and mirrors, or even the bookshelf. It's worth asking about anyway!
M maggiedemi , It’s only what was present in the house at the time an offer was made. If a house hasn’t been listed you simply remove what you want to remove . When I sold my house I removed things inside and outside of the house before listing.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, I never heard of that. Can't you just take the stuff off the wall before you sell the house?
When I sold my first house, I was told that an antique swag lamp I had in the livingroom had to stay with the house even though it was a plug-in swag lamp. So, I guess anyone buying your home can request about anything! That lamp was all glass chandelier. Had to sell so, I lost the lamp...I love glass & crystal and I collect some. So, this was a hard loss. I found it in an out of the way antique shop in Wisconsin back in the 80's.
glass.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The previous owners of our house left all the wall mounts. I think our realtor asked for them, but I'm not sure how many we actually wanted!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I never heard of that. Can't you just take the stuff off the wall before you sell the house?
Anything mounted at the time the house is shown needs to be included. If you don't want to include it, you have to take it down before showing the house.

It makes sense---otherwise sellers would be stripping the house and you'd end up with a house with no walls or something, lol.
I guess anyone buying your home can request about anything!
They can, but you can also say no. . .most of the time the sale isn't dependent on that thing being included.

Status
Not open for further replies.