The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Mod Note:
Several posts have been moved from this thread to the In My Opinion forum- American Politics thread.
The Lounge is a politics-free zone. ;)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well just got through responding to 15 letters on that slowly app/website. These antibiotics really have made me sleepy. First person that contacted me never wrote back after I replied. Several others don't exactly match my interests but that's cool. I'll learn something along the way. I never was good at physics (my one cousin is though) history and theory of relativity, but ha, this will expand my mind. At my age I can use all the learnin' I can get as dementia and Alzheimer is my biggest fear (more so than physical handicap that comes with age). Not an absolute guarantee but since I have no one I have to keep this mind as sharp as possible. I also think I may enroll in online chess classes. My library offers them for free. I am adopted (at 3 months old) and so I have no idea if either age related disease runs in my biological family or not. No interest in looking for them either unless it's for medical purposes

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well just got through responding to 15 letters on that slowly app/website. These antibiotics really have made me sleepy. First person that contacted me never wrote back after I replied. Several others don't exactly match my interests but that's cool. I'll learn something along the way. I never was good at physics (my one cousin is though) history and theory of relativity, but ha, this will expand my mind. At my age I can use all the learnin' I can get as dementia and Alzheimer is my biggest fear (more so than physical handicap that comes with age). Not an absolute guarantee but since I have no one I have to keep this mind as sharp as possible. I also think I may enroll in online chess classes. My library offers them for free. I am adopted (at 3 months old) and so I have no idea if either age related disease runs in my biological family or not. No interest in looking for them either unless it's for medical purposes
you can also solve nonograms :) here are the best ones: nonograms.com :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
yea I think I'll get Chess a lot better but thanks. I'm not big on a lot of those letter, number type games. Chess I can learn and then earn/win money playing on a app that I have

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having nightmares about school starting again. I like the program but I really wish it wasn't so emotionally and physically exhausting. I'm still surprised I survived 2 semesters plus an extra one over the summer. I've become incredibly lazy and it's been hard getting out of bed and doing anything. I'm just so tired.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friends accepted the fact that I'm not coming with them on my Bday Tuesday. They stopped trying to convince me to sneak out. They didn't really say much beyond that, so I don't know if they have given up on me or if we will get together in the spring. Maybe the below zero cold weather will kill the Corona Virus.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Super annoyed. My laptop decided to crash or something overnight and now it's spent over an hour saying it's attempting to repair disk errors. I just wanted to watch church on youtube, and now I may end up needing a new hard drive. Argh. :argh:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
But I didn't even touch mine. It was a few feet away when it dialed. And now with the stupid emergency thing with the power button it makes it even worse. I wonder how many false alarms the police get because of this not just from me but from everyone?. I even have the thing disabled from dialing 911 and yet it still does it. Again my Samsung never did that, just not as good of a phone for me as the iphone 11 Pro performance wise when it comes to my money making apps.

Anyway yes I know how annoying it can be with any kind of device. Do you sometimes feel like throwing it out the window? I hope you get if fixed soon. I went that route last year and had to buy a new laptop. Of course that one was my fault but still. Sometimes I yearn for pre computer days again.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to reject one of the pen pals. I plainly put in my bio that I am not interested in a relationship and he states he is looking for someone he can fall in love with. I hate rejecting people because I hate it myself. Don't people on this app pay attention to our bios?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Just rejected a 3rd pen pal. May wind up deactivating my account on there. Obviously they don’t read and think it’s a dating site. Sure is nothing like the pen pals years ago.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Odd, 2 of the PenPals I rejected deleted their accounts. One I never did reject because he wasn't trying to hit on me and deleted. I wonder if the the 2 I rejected were reported by others. Or maybe the app isn't what they were thinking it would be.

On a sadder note Lou Brock of the St. Louis Cardinals passed away yesterday at the age of 81. I'm not a sports fan but did enjoy watching him.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well we finally bought a house last week. It's in a small community that has its own mini town with apartments on top of shops, parks, and gazebo sitting areas. The houses are all different colors (some are blue, some red, some pink, ours is beige-ish etc.), shapes, and sizes so it lacks that cookie cutter subdivision look (something I'm thankful for). With all the colors it looks like a small dollhouse village. Super cute and quiet. One of the parks have a pond you can fish in.

Only down side is that it has a one car garage, but street parking is allowed so it wasn't a deal breaker.

It's also only a five minute drive to the pet store I buy raw at (technically I could walk or bike there). The pet store is also next-door to the supermarket my mom shops at.

I'm further from my work and the vet, but not by much.

It'll be interesting going from the middle of nowhere and not being able to see your neighbors due to the trees, to having someone right there, but my mom is tired of being isolated and she was told the community is pretty tight and everyone looks out for one another.

It'll be a change, but I'm tired of this chapter and want something new. I just want this whole year to be over; not that the next will be any better but one can hope, I guess.

It's really stupid how we have to leave our curtains and mirrors that are mounted to the wall behind. I have to leave my bookshelf which sucks, but those are the rules and we have to follow them, so yeah.

We'll be moving late October to beginning of November.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. I have a tooth fragment coming out of an extraction site. That tooth was pulled in March, and it really was a hack job. This is really hurting :bawling2:

I'm having a crown and filling done tomorrow. Do you think they'd be willing to pull the fragment? It's right at the surface, but I don't know if that would be considered surgery, because they don't do surgeries.

Status
Not open for further replies.