The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And freezers. Things you wouldn't expect to be affected by a pandemic.
Actually, the freezers make sense. People are trying to keep food on hand against a time when they may be afraid to go out. And BOY, does that suck ditchwater! Right now, I could take care of myself and Hekitty without ever leaving home for six months.

Its just hard to let go and I dont know how..not yet I dont...
Someday, one day, you'll just...let go of the pain, and keep the sweet. You'll never know how, but you will. Until then, we're here.

One of my feral queens (M'ija) has disappeared, leaving behind her little ginger kitten (Nieto)...NOT old enough to be on his own. Watching him try to make friends with the older cats has been heartbreaking. HOWEVER...I looked out back a little while ago, and he and Austin were back there eating together. Austin reached over and gave Nieto's head a little lick, and they walked off together. My little boy has a wise old Tom to help him now. BLESS my Grand Old Man, Austin! I think that Nieto might make it. AND, one of my cat-knowledgeable neighbors has taken an interest in him, and is going to try to entice him to her. She'll get him gentled (her cat never met a stranger cat, MOST uncatlike!) and into a good home. I just can't...not with Hekitty. Since she can open every door in the apartment, there's no way to keep him isolated and safe.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Mom is unbelievable. She had my car destroyed so I can't even go to a dentist. I"m in severe pain and can't take meds. Ugh I really don't know what to do and it just started up. I feel like an electric shock in my gums. Any suggestions til I get into dentist? Most are closed right now. What a horrible thing :( I'm crying from the pain and told tough luck. No money no insurance nothing we can do. :(
How did she destroy your car? Find a way to an er. You may have an infection They have to see you. :hugs:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok well my cousin's girlfriend came for me. Mom had my tires slashed. I guess destroyed was a harsh term but when you're feeling bolts of electricity in your teeth every 5 minutes it's hard to think. Well I did go to ER. They looked me over and it isn't the tooth at all. It's something called Trigeminal neuralgia they suspect. I'll hear back later on. They have a lab at ER that they were able to do an MRI.

I do have a misaligned jawbone which several dentists 20 years ago have mentioned to me and it could also be that. But they said even though the tooth is "bad" it's just chipped and there is no cavity, no loss of filling or anything like that. Thankfully there was no infection.

I started to suspect that it was not actually the tooth. I've had tooth issues all my life of 64 years that eventually resulted in the loss of all my upper teeth but never have I felt anything like that before. I would have 5 minutes of no pain and then all of a sudden for 10 seconds the worst pain like being shocked with electricity would go through my mouth.

I am not happy though. The doctors gave me baby aspirin as I can't take other meds and I told them no. I can't. but they did and now I'm suffering reflux symptoms from that. I guess at least reflux I'm used to that. And correct, I can't take the meds to control reflux as those just make it worse. All because of a wacko doctor back in the 80s using me as a guinea pig for an experimental migraine medicine. So now I'm so messed up from that I can't take anything.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got told off but good today.

I'm working from home and the girls like to go sit out back in the screen room and watch the birds and squirrels. Lilith likes it more than Sophie does but they both go out there. Lilith wanted out just as I was going to lunch at 11:00. I let her out and a few minutes later the lawn service was out behind the house with the ride on mower. I looked out the slider and Lily was on her chair snuggled into her little cushion glaring at me. I opened the door and she came in. Hollering. I guess I was supposed to tell the lawn guy that he's not allowed near our house while her majesty is relaxing in her chair. I may be on a double secret probation now. I better watch my step from now on. :lol: :running:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got told off but good today.

I'm working from home and the girls like to go sit out back in the screen room and watch the birds and squirrels. Lilith likes it more than Sophie does but they both go out there. Lilith wanted out just as I was going to lunch at 11:00. I let her out and a few minutes later the lawn service was out behind the house with the ride on mower. I looked out the slider and Lily was on her chair snuggled into her little cushion glaring at me. I opened the door and she came in. Hollering. I guess I was supposed to tell the lawn guy that he's not allowed near our house while her majesty is relaxing in her chair. I may be on a double secret probation now. I better watch my step from now on. :lol: :running:
I get told off daily, mostly by my male Boone. Where have you been for the last 12 hours??!! (answer- work so I can buy you food and stuff) and Why is it taking so long to dish out my dinner??!! (answer- because your sister won't go away so I can get it out of the can) :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get told off daily, mostly by my male Boone. Where have you been for the last 12 hours??!! (answer- work so I can buy you food and stuff) and Why is it taking so long to dish out my dinner??!! (answer- because your sister won't go away so I can get it out of the can) :lol:
Lilith is so good she can tell me off without making a peep. She is very particular about water. If she is not satisfied with how much is in the dish (regardless of how much is in it) or she decides it doesn't taste good (it's bottled spring water), she will sit next to the dish and glare at me until I give her fresh water. She also makes sure to supervise while I fill it up. She keeps me on a short leash. The dish is in the kitchen right next to the hall so she can see me at my desk and I can feel her watching me while I work. I know I'm in trouble before I even look up. :lol:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I found some clove oil around the house. I forgot how well that works and numbing the pain. Got my sleep headphones/mask so I'll be listening to binaural beats tonight knocked out with clove oil on the gums. Temporary measure til I get to the dentist on Friday at 9:30.

The cats returned, looked like they were a bit sick but hungry. And of course my mouth was dripping from fresh applied clove oil so I made sure to wash hands well first and slipped a thick towel inside my mask to wear.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found some clove oil around the house. I forgot how well that works and numbing the pain. Got my sleep headphones/mask so I'll be listening to binaural beats tonight knocked out with clove oil on the gums. Temporary measure til I get to the dentist on Friday at 9:30.
People have recommended clove oil to me before. Really that effective, huh?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
People have recommended clove oil to me before. Really that effective, huh?
Yes it is. At least it helped this. Remember this is just a temporary solution though til I get in for my appointment Friday morning. If you don't have clove oil I read you can get a whole clove and put over the affected area. It takes about 20 minutes for it to set in.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it is. At least it helped this. Remember this is just a temporary solution though til I get in for my appointment Friday morning. If you don't have clove oil I read you can get a whole clove and put over the affected area. It takes about 20 minutes for it to set in.
I've always been skeptical of natural remedies, but I might give this a shot now.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always been skeptical of natural remedies, but I might give this a shot now.
Since I can't do the medicine route I have no choice but to rely on the natural route. Doubling over in pain from reflux every bite you take is worse than this toothache.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

The cats returned, looked like they were a bit sick but hungry. And of course my mouth was dripping from fresh applied clove oil so I made sure to wash hands well first and slipped a thick towel inside my mask to wear.
Anbesol in that little tube from the drugstore works wonders for any toothache.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Ok well my cousin's girlfriend came for me. Mom had my tires slashed.

YOU ARE GOING TO LET YOUR MOM WHO IS IN HER 90S GET AWAY WITH SLASHING YOUR TIRES OR HAVING SOMEONE DO IT FOR HER? DID YOU REPORT IT TO YOUR INSURANCE OR THE POLICE? IF NOT THEN WHY NOT? THERE IS OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING GOING ON HERE THAT IS NOT RIGHT. LOOKS LIKE YOUR MOM NEEDS MORE THAN JUST A GOOD TALKING TO, YOU SHOULD ALSO INSIST THAT SHE BUY NEW TIRES FOR YOUR CAR AND YOU CAN THREATEN TO TAKE HER TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT FOR THE DAMAGE SHE DID. I WOULD NOT TAKE THIS FROM ONE OF MY CHILDREN SO WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THIS FROM YOUR MOM? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

I guess destroyed was a harsh term but when you're feeling bolts of electricity in your teeth every 5 minutes it's hard to think. Well I did go to ER. They looked me over and it isn't the tooth at all. It's something called Trigeminal neuralgia they suspect. I'll hear back later on. They have a lab at ER that they were able to do an MRI.

I do have a misaligned jawbone which several dentists 20 years ago have mentioned to me and it could also be that. But they said even though the tooth is "bad" it's just chipped and there is no cavity, no loss of filling or anything like that. Thankfully there was no infection.

I started to suspect that it was not actually the tooth. I've had tooth issues all my life of 64 years that eventually resulted in the loss of all my upper teeth but never have I felt anything like that before. I would have 5 minutes of no pain and then all of a sudden for 10 seconds the worst pain like being shocked with electricity would go through my mouth.

I am not happy though. The doctors gave me baby aspirin as I can't take other meds and I told them no. I can't. but they did and now I'm suffering reflux symptoms from that. I guess at least reflux I'm used to that. And correct, I can't take the meds to control reflux as those just make it worse. All because of a wacko doctor back in the 80s using me as a guinea pig for an experimental migraine medicine. So now I'm so messed up from that I can't take anything.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm annoyed with the political posts that have been popping up on LinkedIn lately :bat: LinkedIn is for networking and business related stuff, not for spouting off political stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.