The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They don't deliver from the store, it's shipped like anything else, I'm pretty sure, so the location doesn't matter. But if it's that far away you probably don't know anyone with a membership.

I got my first chest freezer from Menards; they aren't as cheap as Sam's but they have a better selection. But the delivery was over $100, so if you know some strong guys with a flat trailer or a big pickup you could save that amount at least.

A local grocery store used to do a thing where you'd buy the freezer at regular price, and then they'd give you coupons for food for the same amount, so the freezer was basically free if you used all the coupons. I'm sure nobody is doing that right now, but it might be something to look for later on.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were looking online for a freezer in early July. All the ones capable of being in a garage had delivery dates for October! My mother’s co-worker is moving from a house to an apartment so she can’t take this. I’m grateful! Especially being free; aside from installing the line and renting the uhaul. Still! Its a blessing.

My freezer inside is like tetris trying to get stuff in and out because of all the garden freezing I’ve been doing. And I have stuff in mom’s freezer too. 🤪 I’m going to wait till next weekend to get that from her and move it here.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah it's crazy how many things you can't find right now! One of my friends wants to buy a kayak, and nobody has them in stock, not even online. Kiddie pools are in short supply. And freezers. Things you wouldn't expect to be affected by a pandemic.

Although I guess freezers make more sense than kayaks! Since people don't want to go shopping as often.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our kiddie pool cracked in June and I couldn’t find a similar replacement! 🤪 Summer had just started!

Kayaks I can see. Its a good way to do something but keep distance from people. When we’ve been most people took turns on the boat launches. Except one family who parked themselves on it to sunbathe and let their toddler get wet. When we got back a man warned us he’d just seen a good size water moccasin. Maybe that scared them off. 🙄 Or all the people trying to get boats into the water since it was a boat launch; not a beach. 🙄

Alicia88 Alicia88 My kids swingset came from Sam’s website and it was shipped freight. I believe with a third party company; but either way they ship! The guy was supposed to leave it at the end of my driveway because it came on an actual tractor trailer; but he had pity on me because I was about 7 months pregnant and backed into my driveway and put it by the garage.:lol2:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I discovered that Harvey enjoys raiding the kitchen garbage like a raccoon at night. Went downstairs to check on everyone and there was a cracked up chicken bone. Fayola has no teeth so she's off the suspect list. Felix thinks anything except for canned or bagged food is an abomination so he's also off the suspect list. Harvey has a history of raiding garbage cans. Hmm... 🤔 Guess who lost their nightly roaming privileges until we can get a better garbage can... HARVEY.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Im taking it one day at a time in me losing my Snowball...I talk to God and to Snowball...I have his ashes...It hurts every day..I cry every day..
I know I have to let go somehow
But I just dont know how or if im ready right now
But I feel I will know when..God will show me the way..And Snowball will show me somehow and in someway
I truly believe
But he will always be in my heart and I will have his ashes..so I feel in away hes still here
Letting go doesnt mean..Im forgetting him
I know that much
Its just hard to let go and I dont know how..not yet I dont...:whitecat::petcat::catlove::catrub:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I actually have friends all over the country, thanks to my ex husband's Marine Corps days. I'm sure at least one of them has a membership. I'll have to check into it.
If you can get an upright freezer. You can see what's in there. In a chest freezer stuff gets lost at the bottom and if you are short like me you can barely reach what is at the bottom. Sometimes I felt like I was going to fall in. So glad I have an upright freezer now, the biggest I could afford and it has been so worth it. Got it from Home Depot and they delivered it. Since then I have moved to another state and my son moved it with just a dolly and that freezer was packed with food. After a 13 hour drive everything was still frozen solid and that in the August heat in Nevada! A packed freezer takes forever to have stuff melt.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 do you still have that furry baby?

On my mind, how much better the flower beds look after the clean out/clean up yesterday.
She was picked up yesterday evening. She was acting like she was all better. Eating like she was starving to death, eyes cleared up, wild and rambunctious. Her mama is still gonna take her to the vet just to be safe.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was picked up yesterday evening. She was acting like she was all better. Eating like she was starving to death, eyes cleared up, wild and rambunctious. Her mama is still gonna take her to the vet just to be safe.
Yay! Yeah, usually sick kittens just need a little TLC. It's amazing to see the difference once someone cares for them.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Mom is unbelievable. She had my car destroyed so I can't even go to a dentist. I"m in severe pain and can't take meds. Ugh I really don't know what to do and it just started up. I feel like an electric shock in my gums. Any suggestions til I get into dentist? Most are closed right now. What a horrible thing :( I'm crying from the pain and told tough luck. No money no insurance nothing we can do. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Mom is unbelievable. She had my car destroyed so I can't even go to a dentist. I"m in severe pain and can't take meds. Ugh I really don't know what to do and it just started up. I feel like an electric shock in my gums. Any suggestions til I get into dentist? Most are closed right now. What a horrible thing :( I'm crying from the pain and told tough luck. No money no insurance nothing we can do. :(
I have spent over an hour calling around and no one is willing to help me. I guess I'm supposed to suffer excruciating pain the rest of my life :( I'm in excruciating pain here.

The only person who would help me is my cousin and he's 5 states away right now for the next 2 weeks and no way to reach him as he never takes his phone with him when he goes as he goes there to disconnect from society. Ugh. I am really crying and hurting. :(

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had my car destroyed so I can't even go to a dentist.
That's rough.
Are you on medicaid or anything similar? My medicaid will provide rides to and from doctor appointments. Maybe call your insurance and see if they provide any services like that?

I've also see people post on neighborhood facebook groups asking for help with things. Maybe someone will drive you to and from an appointment for you?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dogs are so weird. The dogs and I are out in the (fenced) yard soaking up the nice crisp night and looking for meteorites (well, I am, lol). A rabbit ran by and they WENT CRAZY. And then the coyotes started yipping it up, maybe a mile away to my puny human ears, and Not. One. Bark. from the dogs. Way to protect me from predators, you guys! But at least I'm safe from the evil bunnies :rolleyes2: .

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took Persia to a vet today since she has been coughing and the cough has not gone away. An x-ray was taken and they believe she has asthma, but is sending it to a radiologist to read. The vet seemed nice and my bill was much, much cheaper than I'm used to, especially since the vet visit was complimentary due to being a new patient. So that was a plus! Should hear back tomorrow if the asthma is confirmed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.