The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I went on a bit of a shopping spree today. :blush:
I got some shirts and 3 books. I went into the store with the intent of just buying 1 book. :paperbag: 2 are fiction and 1 is a collection of 300 creative writing prompts. I'm hoping it'll help me start writing again.
I also bought myself a cookie. I was really stressed last week so I guess I wanted to treat myself.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having a lot of anxiety. Wondering if I should take Persia to the emergency vet. One of the vets I was looking into is open tomorrow, but only for short hours and probably won't be able to get an appointment. Not sure if I should wait until Monday, and maybe still have no appointments. My last two visits with Persia and Isabelle nothing was found wrong, but this time I'm really worried it could be something. Trying to weigh the pros and cons of taking her sooner than later, especially if I have to end up taking her to the emergency vet because I can't get any appointments on Monday. I'm just really afraid it is something serious and I should take her now. But what if I'm just overreacting like the last two times and this will pass?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can call on Monday and ask if I can do that, but there's nothing I can do over the weekend.
Do you have normal saline for the baby? If so, you can GENTLY wash the eye with a soft cloth.

I don't have a syringe. I'll have to send John after one. Can he find one at Walmart?
If he can't, a slender medicine dropper will do the trick. PLASTIC NOT GLASS!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We got syringes. And I have saline. So I can do that.
Alicia,

I've given Benadryl to several of my cats and it was effective. When I lived in Columbus, their doc was a
board certified Diplomates, which is a specialty in animal behavior and she said it was fine to give my cat
a low dose of Benadryl. He only ever weighed 5 lbs. Just be sure to give Saturn a safe dosage. Maybe you
could ask a pharmacist?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty severe storms right now. And why on Earth Treasure goes and lays in the grass with thunder and lighting all around instead of staying in the cat area that is open on all sides but has a roof, nice and dry, with food and stuff is beyond me. I really think this cat is mental. Sopdet is smart and stays where it's dry unless someone cuts through the yard. But not Treasure. He always looks like he was just at the community swimming pool when he comes back. Crazy cat. No coyote sightings though and still making my decision. However then other ferals will move in and I'd go through this again. I miss Shaman. :(

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave Saturn .1mg of benadryl. It seems to be helping, I think. I syringe fed her and wiped her eyes. She was running around a bit last night. She got very vocal about leaving the bathroom. We've been keeping her in there and cuddling her frequently. My boys have hissed at her a few times, but then they run off. I don't think they'd hurt her, but better safe than sorry. Plus, she could be contagious.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tried some new self tanner...

I had a white ring around my lips from somehow missing that part, then I put more on last night to fix it, and woke up with the white strip still there and a new lovely tan-stache because apparently the stuff decided to make the already tan part around my lips darker instead of fixing the white strip. Oh yeah and my hands and hairline were orange.

AND YOU WANT TO KNOW THE BEST PART??

I work today.

giphy45678.gif

f82xcvbn.gif

I did the best I could in fixing it. At least I got rid of the white strip and tan-stache. Thank god for masks and gloves, though. My mask covers the whole bottom half of my face, including cheeks so you mostly just see my eyes and forehead. I'll do some serious scrubbing in the shower later and probably try baking soda cause I heard that helps.

With my luck, this sitcom scenario will continue and there will be a bunch of hot guys at work for some reason, including that new security guard. I definitely don't look like the "super cute one" anymore, that's for sure LOL

I'm just gonna stick to my usual tanning mousse since it has a guide color and isn't a surprise for later like this stuff.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure is missing again. I really don't know how much longer I can do this as now Sopdet is moping around refusing to eat. My heart is breaking in two over this. And with these coyotes running around I'm more than scared for them. :(

I guess this is the end of it all. I have tried and tried and tried and begged and pled for help and/or advice from people in my area and get nothing. I hope the cats will survive all of this. :(

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've gotta take stain remover to one of Ali's new outfits. I bought it for 6-9 months cuz it was adorbs and on clearance and a winter outfit. And Aedan found my makeup. Wish me luck.
I coated it in that stain remover and scrubbed the heck out of it, let it sit for 10 minutes, and now it's in the washer. Fingers crossed. 20200809_122656.jpg 20200809_122754.jpg 20200809_125246.jpg

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunny day. Nice and cool and Treasure is not responding to my calls or the bell ringing for meal time. Storms passed and he was ok early this morning but now he's missing and everytime he goes missing something horrible happens to him. And I am so worried sick he may be dead from coyote since reports of sightings. :(

I thought that when people care for colonies they care about cats but obviously that isn't always the case as I'm finding out on the Next Door app. Heartless and cruel my neighbors are. I just feel in my gut that Treasure is gone for good this time. Poor Sopdet. :(

Ok so he returned (when am I going to learn Treasure plays me) but need to find something to do about the coyote issue. And no I don't blame the coyotes, they're just trying to feed their young as well

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG why do I do such stupid stuff. I may have poisoned my cats. :( I had a bit of baby powder on my hand when I served them their food. I was trying to get the scratches off my iphone. I can't believe I do this stupid stuff daily. My heart is breaking in two They could be in agony dying in the bushes now I just read on google that any amount of baby powder will kill a cat. I'm so sad. I may have really botched it up this time. I need someone to come and take them as I can't keep going through this daily. Maybe someone who won't mess up so much :(

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had a bit of baby powder on my hand when I served them their food.
depends on how much, but they're likely fine.
I sometimes have something similar happen where I might forget to wash my hands after I've eaten potato chips, or whatever, and then work with the fish. But, they survive, and cats are tough :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Then why did they stagger into the bushes? It's not even hot where I'm at. The rain cooled it off. And neither are responding to me. Sopdet usually comes running now even if Treasure is off getting into trouble. I don't even want to eat supper now I'm so sad about this. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.