The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope these cats are ok. Not getting answers from stupid people in my neighborhood. Cats have not been seen since coyote reports. I'm suffering anxiety vomiting as result. :(

Then to top it off need to do grocery shopping, go to bank (drive through) and Mom is feeling very ill. I need to talk her into me setting my cm upstairs to watch her but I doubt she'll go with it. Ugh

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
OOOOOH! YES! Homemade and fresh!

I'm absolutely certain that it is snark, as well, and pretty good snark to be sure. The Health Department wouldn't stand for that at all. But as a way to point out the selfishness of not wearing a mask, it does a good job.
I showed this thing to my grandson and he said there are a few like this floating around, not always about restaurants but always with idiotic reasons why not to wear a mask. He says he knows a few people on the internet who are dead serious about this stuff and also two he knows in person who also are. These are people in their late 20s who should know better and they are not all Trumpers either.
I also saw this news clip on TV of some guy saying he did not allow people in his store who wear a mask, that he will not let them into the store unless they take it off. This guy was dead serious and was explaining to the reporter why.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the most part, coyotes will only go after humans if they're sick or starving. They're cowardly.
Don't you believe it. When I lived in this retirement community with all the little old ladies walking their dogs at dusk there was more than one case of coyotes coming out of the bushes and attacking the little dogs and more than once knocking down the little old lady in he process. There was also one well documented case of a coyote crashing through a screen door of an enclosed patio where a cat habitually was sunning itself and the coyote grabbed the cat and ran off. Some people chased the coyote which dropped the cat but it was already dead with a broken neck. That incident hit all the newspapers around with pictures of the hole in the screen door. It was assumed that the coyote had "cased the joint" and knew that the cat was there every day. After that incident people started carrying sticks and golf clubs because security told them to do so and to yell and scream and try to make themselves as big as possible to scare off the coyotes. The coyotes had reduced the bunny population and they could be heard at night. Security also said not to be scared by coyotes they heard as they were only playing, that when they are quiet they are hunting.

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coyotes can be out at any time. I've seen them mornings, midmornings, and afternoons. Understand, though, that where I've seen them is out in the sticks, away from population. On more than one morning, around 4 or so, I've seen them right in town, crossing the road in front of me while on my way to work.
Coyotes have been seen downtown Los Angeles at all hours of the night going into morning. They are everywhere.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you believe it. When I lived in this retirement community with all the little old ladies walking their dogs at dusk there was more than one case of coyotes coming out of the bushes and attacking the little dogs and more than once knocking down the little old lady in he process. There was also one well documented case of a coyote crashing through a screen door of an enclosed patio where a cat habitually was sunning itself and the coyote grabbed the cat and ran off. Some people chased the coyote which dropped the cat but it was already dead with a broken neck. That incident hit all the newspapers around with pictures of the hole in the screen door. It was assumed that the coyote had "cased the joint" and knew that the cat was there every day. After that incident people started carrying sticks and golf clubs because security told them to do so and to yell and scream and try to make themselves as big as possible to scare off the coyotes. The coyotes had reduced the bunny population and they could be heard at night. Security also said not to be scared by coyotes they heard as they were only playing, that when they are quiet they are hunting.
Yeah there was a little dog in Sioux Falls who was snatched by a coyote right next to the owner. I don't remember if it was on a leash or not but the owner was right there. I think they're braver in town because they know people can't shoot them. Animal Control says to always yell and throw things if you see them so they don't get too brave.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Searching for a new vet. Posted in my towns page asking for suggestions. A friend recommended Banfield, but it seems that is hit or miss. My friend was happy with it, plus saved a lot of money on the wellness plan, and the wellness plan would save me a butt load compared to my previous vet! Although, he hasn't been in the area for 10 years and all vets he would recommend are no longer practicing in the area. Tempting to try Banfield, but not sure yet. Receiving suggestions though, so hoping to find a more affordable place with good service.

Also found a few higher paying survey/testing site I've never heard of before, so now making a good bit of money thankfully. Made about $150 in less than a week so far. Persia needs to get checked out at the vet again soon, so that is taking some pressure off financially.

Things are going okay otherwise. My mom asked her elderly friend to wear a mask, and she simply said okay without a fight. I was really confused because my mom mentioned to me before her friend refused to wear one and didn't want to when my mom was over. My mom was really confused and seemed to doubt her memory, but maybe she didn't ask her friend outright to wear one? Who knows. But guess things are okay now, for whatever reason. Her friend did take the mask off to eat, but wore it the rest of the time in the house with my mom my mom said. That's progress.

My brothers are coming over and my mom and I have been discussing how to be safe. The enclosed deck is too small for 3 parties to social distance, so thinking of eating in the yard and later moving to the garage. Since the garage is enclosed, we should be wearing masks, even with the door open. Not sure if I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. When my younger brother stopped by a couple weeks ago, he never asks me about me or shows interest really when I share, despite me asking about him. This is a pattern with my brothers, so not sure why I agreed to go. We'll see.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have one more week off before school starts again. I'm feeling a little blue about it myself. On one hand I'm really glad that we were homeschooling long before covid because it didn't disrupt life for my kids as much as it did for most kids. But most schools around here are delaying opening while they finish their plans for the year.

I think knowing they are starting later is making me want to start later. They've already said they won't extend the school year next summer because of it. But I have a feeling those of us who homeschool should still aim for 180 days of attendance. We usually finish by Memorial Day weekend. We take a week for fall break, a week for spring and at least 2 at Christmas (depending how the holidays fall). So really; it's time. I guess part of me wants to goof off for a few more weeks since everyone else is (and won't be getting 180 days in). Sort of. Not the people making hard decisions for these kids. A lot of parents are stressing over it big time and I don't envy them one bit. So I know I need to count my blessings here. I'm just not ready to dive back into work I guess. It's been nice having less to do every day. Usually I'm totally ok with getting back to work weeks before public schools. This year is just different altogether.

I'm just going to have to chose to be positive and get it together. I set the tone for my kids and myself. My attitude and outlook are my choice. I know this and generally live by it. I have a week to get it together! While I make lesson plans and set things up. :lol:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Question. Does this like the kitten has an eye infection or something? I'm not really sure. And if so, how do I nicely suggest to the owner to have her seen by a vet? And is there anything I can do in the next 3 days that I'll have her? We can't afford a vet bill right now.
1596867807368.png

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Well today I'm needing to stay inside because Mom fell yesterday. Besides that I need to earn $18 doing surveys by 5PM Central time for a bill that needs to be paid and sill spend time with the cats outside before they think I"m giving them the boot. Top all of this with the daily housecleaning. Ugh I won't be in bed til tomorrow night at this rate.

Oh and I think I need to put Treasure on a diet. My neighbor thought he was pregnant (not knowing Treasure is a male)
How is your mother doing? So Treasure will be on a reduction diet, hee, hee

Status
Not open for further replies.