Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, going back down to the subway wasn't any better 😵

20200731_132119[1].jpg

The local newspaper had an article a few years ago about how some people actually climb all 199 stairs. Daily :eek3:

I'm still :frustrated: over why management isn't doing more with that problem tech. All they do is have meetings with the tech or send emails about her lack of performance and the issues just keep occurring. In industry, you get one chance to improve, maybe two, before you're put on a performance plan and if you still don't perform as expected you're let go. I had to cover some of that tech's areas on Thursday and found full trash cans and other issues:gaah: The tech had signed off as completing those tasks the day before but I know that in one of the rooms that was not true because I had used the room later in the day and the trash was full... from the day before when I used the room. I mentioned it to the manager and he was :cringe: and I have no doubt he told the tech to take care of the issues but she didn't. Falsifying task completion is a big no-no.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf I've been to Cahokia Mound before. Lots of steps, such great exercise.
I love Cahokia Mounds. But with Mom's advanced age I can't go there now. But they have a brand new visitor center (newer than the new one you may have been to). Maybe one day I can go back again. I'm only 25 minute drive from there.

Anyway:
I got 2 bags of Lay's Potato Chips. When at the store yesterday I wanted to see if they had the new Lays Street Taco. Well luck had it that they didn't but the Frito Lay's guy was there. So he said he would check for me and text me when he found some. An hour ago I got a text that he found them, and will meet me at the store because he wanted to just give me the chips at no charge so to wait outside. Those chips normally cost $3.50 a bag so I essentially go $7 worth of chips for free. And I have to say they are delicious. But I like tacos. It's the taco taste minus the hot and spicy so for those who can't handle spicy food but likes the taste it is great. I doctored mine up with a few jalapeno peppers

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can everyone say prayers or send positive thoughts or whatever you do for Ali? The pediatrician says she's not gaining fast enough. They've had me pumping and giving her an extra couple of ounces after every feeding because she gets extra calories without working as hard, but it's not helping enough. I'm making tons of milk. I've got almost 100oz stored in addition to what she's been taking extra. And I feed on demand. Maybe she's just gonna be little? I took these pictures today. View attachment 345289View attachment 345290
Absolutely sending *Prayers* for Ali! Yes, some babies are just little. Some of the big ones end up being smallish people. You just never can tell.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can everyone say prayers or send positive thoughts or whatever you do for Ali? The pediatrician says she's not gaining fast enough. They've had me pumping and giving her an extra couple of ounces after every feeding because she gets extra calories without working as hard, but it's not helping enough. I'm making tons of milk. I've got almost 100oz stored in addition to what she's been taking extra. And I feed on demand. Maybe she's just gonna be little? I took these pictures today. View attachment 345289View attachment 345290
She is a beautiful chubby baby and looks quite healthy. :redheartpump: What is her name?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alianna Shayna Caroline

I think we're going to be changing pediatricians. Her pediatrician was saying if she didn't start gaining. I'd need to add formula to the milk I've been pumping. My friend, cassie, said one of her boys was gaining slowly, too and instead of jumping to formula, her pediatrician gave her information and told her to separate the water out of her milk and he started gaining. Plus, she said her pediatrician doesn't live by the charts and looks at babies as individuals. And Ali has nice, chubby cheeks and she's alert and happy when she's awake. We're going to try this other pediatrician. I guess she's the one who took over the practice when my childhood doctor moved away. I loved him and so did cassie and cassie said this pediatrician is even better than he was.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted this in the wrong thread earlier lol.
Can everyone say prayers or send positive thoughts or whatever you do for Ali? The pediatrician says she's not gaining fast enough. They've had me pumping and giving her an extra couple of ounces after every feeding because she gets extra calories without working as hard, but it's not helping enough. I'm making tons of milk. I've got almost 100oz stored in addition to what she's been taking extra. And I feed on demand. Maybe she's just gonna be little? I took these pictures today.

And an update from that.
I think we're going to be changing pediatricians. Her pediatrician said if she doesn't start gaining more, I'm going to have to add formula to my pumped milk. 20200801_142942.jpg 20200801_142956.jpg . My friend, cassie, said one of her boys was gaining slowly, too and instead of jumping to formula, her pediatrician gave her information and told her to separate the water out of her milk and he started gaining. Plus, she said her pediatrician doesn't live by the charts and looks at babies as individuals. And Ali has nice, chubby cheeks and she's alert and happy when she's awake. We're going to try this other pediatrician. I guess she's the one who took over the practice when my childhood doctor moved away. I loved him and so did cassie and cassie said this pediatrician is even better than he was.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The local newspaper had an article a few years ago about how some people actually climb all 199 stairs. Daily :eek3:
Thats one way to get a workout! Buns of steel!
And an update from that.
I think we're going to be changing pediatricians.
I say trust your gut! Our pediatricians always said they are only concerned if kids aren't following their growth curve. I know shes still really little; but still. This isn't your first rodeo either. My DD was never really a rolly baby. She's still a string bean. DS had chunkier thighs; but thats it. My cousin's babies both have rolls with rolls and even finger rolls and she exclusively breastfed and all that. Sometimes its just genetic. :dunno: DD is shaped just like DH and one of his sisters. DS is shaped like my Dad. He is a bit under weight but I'm not stressing; just ensuring he eats good and gets exercise.

Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily That bag turned out great!! I love how you varied the stitch styles.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The two sisters I grew up with and I were always "underweight." All 3 of us are still borderline. My maternal grandma and mom were also tiny before menopause. And the grandma I just found said she, all my aunts, and both sisters on that side were always tiny as well. So it runs on both sides of my family.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
last month was supposed to be the monsoon season, but it was a false one! It started raining two weeks ago and has barely let up. There's been rain almost every day. Today has probably been the most so far up here in Seoul. The stream near me was super high and they put down the barrier arm to discourage people from using the paths down there. I'm sure the river is absolutely brimming. Hopefully my commute won't be affected tomorrow as the train I take goes under the river (rather than over it like other trains). Haven't heard of any stations up here being flooded though ones down south in Busan had flooded last weekend.
But hey, at least our emergency alerts aren't about Covid today!

Last night I had a whole conversation with the guitarist of my favorite band. I've known them for 5 years but we were never formally introduced, so never actually spoke. I'm terrible with going up to people, especially those who are "famous," so usually have to wait for them to come up to me or for someone to introduce me. I was picking up a t-shirt from him, so when he spotted me waiting, he came right over and kept chatting even though I was the most awkward thing on the planet. Super nice guy!!! Honestly I love our little music scene here, and I miss it so much. All the people who look like they're just "too cool" are actually all huge nerds.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
:soapbox:

I don't get why people are being so ridiculous about this mask thing. Politically, I lean more conservative. But the paranoia surrounding masks is just ridiculous. Someone made a post on a local Facebook page complaining that menards wouldn't let her shop because she doesn't wear a mask. No medical reason - she just doesn't wear one.
I only leave the house to take the baby to her checkups or use Walmart's grocery pickup service. I order everything online, park, and they load it in my car. No contact. It's a safety thing, not a political thing. I wear a mask in the pediatrician's office and yeah, they suck, but I understand the reason. And people saying the vaccine is an excuse to microchip people? Why would they bother? Everyone has a cell phone. If Bill Gates wanted to track us, he can through our phones and we'd pay for the privilege. It's laughable.
Just wear the damn masks, stay home except for essential business, and this crap might end before Ali is supposed to graduate high school.
Ok, stepping off my soapbox now.
So true, wear a mask!! It's mandatory in Ohio because we've had a surge in cases since lockdown ended.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bear was spotted where I usually take my walk alone. Do you think he was lying in wait to eat me? Or just coincidence? I haven't been on that road for 2 weeks, since my neighbor warned me that I was headed straight to where he saw the bear.

I would like to start walking it again. But there is only one house on that road, the rest is dense forest. I'm either getting braver or crazier. But nothing keeps me from my walks, not even a bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.