The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm almost 32 but 2 of my closest friends are ladies in their upper forties whose kids are in college. I consider myself pretty immature though. I was described as being 10 going on 30 as a kid and now I guess the opposite is true, 32 going on 10.
Interesting! I'm not really an old soul. I don't have the same interests and hobbies as older people but I do resonate more with their attitudes. I'm kind of silly and obnoxious but really responsible about my finances and health.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always buy a 20-pound bag of rice and keep it in one of those. Also the dry dog food, but the wheels fell off that one :/. They're super useful for anything.

Restaurant supply stores have heavy duty wheeled bins. At work we use the Rubbermaid Commercial bins to hold supplies. Other places use basically a heavy duty wheeled trash can in a color like yellow or blue.

You can buy this and other Rubbermaid Commercial bins online: Amazon, big chain hardware stores, etc.

Going to track down a pack of Toy Story 4 themed Kleenex with the little green aliens today. I checked two local Target stores and they both have the product in stock, at least that's what the Target web site says. Whether they have a pack that has the little green aliens is questionable. I love those little green aliens
:biggrin:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Im still hurting and missing my Snowball
And it takes time I know
But it still hurts
Theres a big emptiness in my life and heart
The kitten my son got me to try and help me deal and get through this awful pain
Well its working out ok
Never will replace my Snowball
But the kitten helps me in a therapy way and I gave the kitten a good home
Thank you God for helping me get through this

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Rani lost a daughter but she was no longer a calf. Raja was the father, of course since he's the only male elephant bull at our zoo. Elephants, I learned experience a wider range of emotions than humans do and I'm sure that Rani is very distraught. I know our zoo is doing all that they can though.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck!

Maybe that is where we learned it. And I don't know much about the mortality rate of elephants.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most species have a higher male mortality rate. The biological fact is that not as many males are needed as females---one male can impregnate many females. Zoos often sell their excess male animals to canned hunting operations because of this :/.

That is really sad, poor baby. I hope they can figure out what's wrong with him.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie M Katie M Good luck!!! You've got this! <3

In my animal behavior class, we watched a video about elephants. A mother lost her baby, but tried to carry/drag the baby as long as she could. Cue almost having a melt down during class. That was so heart wrenching to watch. It was so hard for her to move on and leave her lost child. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Remind me to never go to a small urban Target store again:rolleyes: They used to be called "City Target" stores and are a fraction of the size of a suburban store with a fraction of the items available. I found packs of Kleenex after wandering the confusing second floor layout for awhile but no Toy Story themed ones :disappointed: I'll go to the bigger store tomorrow.

I had forgotten that the subway station right by the small Target store has the super long and very steep escalators 😵 It was a little disorienting and I felt that I was going to fall backwards :eek3: Having a heavy backpack with a laptop, full water bottle, and umbrella didn't help. I had to grip the germy handrail to be safe. The stairs would have been safer but I'm not climbing those 117 stairs to the top and then another 82 stairs to get to the street level entrance. Yes, there's an elevator but I prefer to leave that available for those who really do need it.

20200731_131058[1].jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Katie M Katie M Good luck!!! You've got this! <3

In my animal behavior class, we watched a video about elephants. A mother lost her baby, but tried to carry/drag the baby as long as she could. Cue almost having a melt down during class. That was so heart wrenching to watch. It was so hard for her to move on and leave her lost child. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
I saw yesterday that the Orca mom who carried her dead calf for SEVENTEEN days is pregnant again! I wish her well!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:soapbox:

I don't get why people are being so ridiculous about this mask thing. Politically, I lean more conservative. But the paranoia surrounding masks is just ridiculous. Someone made a post on a local Facebook page complaining that menards wouldn't let her shop because she doesn't wear a mask. No medical reason - she just doesn't wear one.
I only leave the house to take the baby to her checkups or use Walmart's grocery pickup service. I order everything online, park, and they load it in my car. No contact. It's a safety thing, not a political thing. I wear a mask in the pediatrician's office and yeah, they suck, but I understand the reason. And people saying the vaccine is an excuse to microchip people? Why would they bother? Everyone has a cell phone. If Bill Gates wanted to track us, he can through our phones and we'd pay for the privilege. It's laughable.
Just wear the damn masks, stay home except for essential business, and this crap might end before Ali is supposed to graduate high school.
Ok, stepping off my soapbox now.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
:soapbox:

I don't get why people are being so ridiculous about this mask thing. Politically, I lean more conservative. But the paranoia surrounding masks is just ridiculous. Someone made a post on a local Facebook page complaining that menards wouldn't let her shop because she doesn't wear a mask. No medical reason - she just doesn't wear one.
I only leave the house to take the baby to her checkups or use Walmart's grocery pickup service. I order everything online, park, and they load it in my car. No contact. It's a safety thing, not a political thing. I wear a mask in the pediatrician's office and yeah, they suck, but I understand the reason. And people saying the vaccine is an excuse to microchip people? Why would they bother? Everyone has a cell phone. If Bill Gates wanted to track us, he can through our phones and we'd pay for the privilege. It's laughable.
Just wear the damn masks, stay home except for essential business, and this crap might end before Ali is supposed to graduate high school.
Ok, stepping off my soapbox now.
Who knows. I believe I gave away my privacy when I signed up for internet access years ago. About the mask, even if they don't feel it necessary, put it on. It's only for a few minutes in and out of the store. I wore a mask off and on before this pandemic because of seasonal allergies and it's not pretty to look at. I find it funny though the people that throw fits about wearing them though. At the least, can't they get online and look at the items from their browser? Most stores even have AR apps that you can see how it looks in your home (furniture). And medical really is no excuse. Sorry. My Mom suffers COPD and she puts hers on without complaint. I suffer sever claustrophobia and I wear mine. I can't take vaccines or any kind of med. I got messed up terribly with migraine meds years ago and am terrified to try now. It was at point that I double over in pain every bite I took So gave up meds that stopped. It's terrible when you wind up petrified to eat because you know the pain that will follow. Baby aspirin and topical meds is all I can do. So I have to rely on herd immunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.