All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
:hugs:

How is your new kitten settling in?
Hes doing good
Going to take him next week an get him neutered
Hes had all his shots
But one..the FeLV..and I always got that one with the FVR...
The lady that I got him from for some reason didn't get it for him
His name is Fudgey
20200724_124943.jpg

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got on my local library's website because DS and I found a book series he's really interested in. I had downloaded a sample to his kindle. We got excited to find out the library has the series and they are still doing curbside pickups; but apparently it's popular and there is a 10 week wait for the first book. :sigh: I joined the summer reading challenge for kids way late but DD has been blowing it out of the water (which is super awesome for a late reader!). DS normally just likes non-fiction. So I was excited to find him something he's into.

I tried their e-book option for the kids; but unfortunately Libby doesn't work on Kindle Fires. They do have a ton of book options through Kindle Freetime though. I was hoping that Libby would help us with school research this year. I suppose it can; but not on their devices. :ohwell:

MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf I use something similar to this for my bird seed: Buddeez Bag-In Pet Food Dispenser, Holds Up To 12lbs - Walmart.com I got smaller cereal containers for smaller bags of thistle seeds. The only times I've found bugs in it was when they were already in the bag (which can happen with bird seed).

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm slightly disappointed with one of the items I bought from Target.com :sigh: In this week's flyer, I saw a pack of four Toy Story 4 themed Kleenex tissues. One of the boxes has the little green aliens. I added a pack to my order. The pack I received did not include the little green aliens :disappointed: The pack is completely usable but I want the little green aliens. I guess I need to take a trip to the local Target store and pick out a pack with the little green aliens.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was going great, I was finishing up a lot of work and getting stuff out of the way so that I'd have time to study for my exams. During one of my test today, my browser unexpectedly restarted and the test automatically submitted because you can't leave the page. I ended up failing the test because the answers I selected hadn't registered. I emailed the teacher to explain what happened but he hasn't responded. I have a friend in that same class and she said she was having issues related to the multiple choice selection part of the test and he didn't respond to her. That was weeks ago. What am I even paying tuition for if teachers aren't helpful and not there when I have a problem with something in the course? It's not my fault everything is online... I was almost at an 80% in that class and failing that test dropped the mark down to almost 60%. I'm furious because I'd like to have a high GPA but I guess I'll have to take the loss. This teacher has always been extremely cold and unhelpful from the start of the semester. Why are teachers like this allowed to teach to begin with? Who needs this kind of negative energy in their life? Jesus.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How did our great grandparents do it,
Most of our great-grandparents had mice, as a matter of course, and the cats mostly fed themselves. There WAS no cat food back then, to speak of.

MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf These are tall, what about something like this style? If you are looking for suggestions. Not the exact one I have, but same style. There's many more to choose from, too. They snap shut and should have a soft seal within the rim to make it air tight.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00186O0LU/?tag=thecatsite
HUH! Now I know where the big bag of flour I want to buy will live. The "air tight" clinched it!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Went for a run last night so put my checkcard in my phone holder (the kind you wear on your arm) so I could grab water/Pocari and a snack when I was finished. Told myself not to forget I'd put it in there last night before going to bed. Walked into the convenience store two minutes after leaving my apartment this morning. Yeah. Forgot it. Didn't have time to go back as I had a train to catch. Thankfully I have enough cash in my wallet for the day but what a dumb move.

On the other hand, I know a lot of people don't carry cash anymore but I always have some on hand. I usually take out $100 at a time (we don't really worry about pick-pocketing here) and mostly use it to top up my transit card or pay for little extra things (a $1 ice cream, a roll of kimbap) However, paying by card is actually encouraged by even the government. They track your purchases and use it for tax purposes. Ie spend more, pay less. If you use cash, you have to get receipts if you want that purchase to count. It's weird, and I still don't get it, but it means I use my card to pay for $2 coffees where I wouldn't really dream of doing that in the states.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pocari Sweat! Oh, we liked to make fun of the name but it was good. I miss a lot of the products we got in Japan. Some of them can be found in specialty stores like World Market but not all of them.
I intentionally dropped the "Sweat" part in case people made fun of it! haha I've come to like it because it has the extra stuff you need after a workout, but it has far less sugar than Gatorade or Powerade. None of those electric colors either.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really tempted to get pet rats if I do get that house. I really miss having them. But I'll be broke and will have to do stuff, like watering the lawn.

I just got on really well and made friends with 2 people who are at least double my age or more. One was 73. My bff is right, I'll have more friends when I get older. Right now at 33 I just can't relate to people my age. And people are so worried about acting a certain way until they get older and stop caring. That's the kind of people I can be friends with.

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Exactly 2 weeks ago today, I started crocheting this. I had no expectations for it and had no idea how it was going to turn out. I just kept going and going and going. I switched up the crochet styles to add more personality to it and I'm really happy with how it turned out. No major changes from here on out. I'm just going to make a proper string to run through it (I only added that cream coloured yarn to see how it would look). I'm also going to add wooden beads to the string and put a strap or two on the back so that I can wear it as a backpack maybe.
20200731_025519.jpg

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got on really well and made friends with 2 people who are at least double my age or more. One was 73. My bff is right, I'll have more friends when I get older. Right now at 33 I just can't relate to people my age. And people are so worried about acting a certain way until they get older and stop caring. That's the kind of people I can be friends with.
I'm almost 32 but 2 of my closest friends are ladies in their upper forties whose kids are in college. I consider myself pretty immature though. I was described as being 10 going on 30 as a kid and now I guess the opposite is true, 32 going on 10.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well looks like I'm going off to do the Friday thing without seeing Treasure. He was here 2 hours ago and ate some left over food that Patty and her kits left (what????) and then disappeared with the next batch of rain. Sopdet was here and ate though. I hate leaving him without saying good morning as he suffers separation anxiety otherwise but what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.