The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the iPad is better than the iPhones I've had over the years. I love my Samsung Galaxy Tab tbh.

Wondering how the cats and all fared in last night's storm. Last I saw Patty was bringing her kits up to eat and then internet went down for 8 hours. I decided to just sleep at that time since I need internet to make money around here although I could still watch the cams live if I wanted to I opted not to

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a strange dream last night. Mom said she would pay for a plane ticket to any destination I wanted. For some reason, I was making the decision at the airport. The staff kept rejecting every destination I picked :sigh:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shelter where I adopted Persia and Katrina had tablets donated for their kitties! They have posted videos showing the cats watching or playing with them as they played videos/apps for cats.

As someone who struggles to take out the trash, I will say I might have "a little" sympathy for that tech.
I believe her job is to clean, which means it is part of the job description she signed up for. But correct me if I'm wrong. Although, it is good to try seeing it from different perspectives sometimes. :)

I had a strange dream last night. Mom said she would pay for a plane ticket to any destination I wanted. For some reason, I was making the decision at the airport. The staff kept rejecting every destination I picked :sigh:
Oh my, what do you think it means?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like the frustration of 2020. :cringe: I've had some really random dreams lately but I don't think most mean anything because they were so disjointed.

My errant package left Seattle this morning. Now which package will arrive first? My most recent order? My backordered workbooks? :popcorn: Is this is what my entertainment has been reduced to? :lol2: Not really. I'm just procrastinating some housework.

I think I'm going to cut my son's hair today. First I need to google how to point-cut again. I did ok back in April but that's what I was told to look up by my cousin's SIL; who is a stylist. I can't believe he's gone 3 months without a cut. Normally 8 weeks is pushing it. Our usual salon is open; I'm just not feeling like driving up there. It takes about 40 minutes to get there. DS actually said he'd prefer I'd do it. We've used a walk-in place near us and they did a good job; but it was pre-pandemic and DD has to come along too. They'd probably prefer I didn't bring in an extra person.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could see my father. He lives in France, and he was supposed to visit in March. Obviously, that never happened. I think it's been two or three years since I last saw him.

Even if Americans weren't banned from visiting Europe, I don't have the money to fly. I don't put much stock in dreams "meaning" anything, but I think MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles is right-it's the frustration of 2020. I can't go anywhere, and I can't see any family members except for those who live in this area.

We had a graveside service for my grandmother last month. Most of my mom's family came, but my brothers couldn't make it-one lives in Colorado, and the other has been threatened with job loss if he leaves Morgantown. We stood around the grave in little groups six feet apart. We all wore masks, and we couldn't hug anyone we hadn't already been around. My poor aunt was breaking down, but no one could comfort her.

I hate 2020. I hate it so much.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found out yesterday that the changes they are making to a higher level residence visa here means that come December I will qualify for it! It's based on a points system and before I had about 73 out of 80, so needed to do a language/integration program that's about 300 hours of in-class time to get an extra 10 points (i tested into level 3, so if you start from nothing it would be 500 hours). But they've changed the requirements to focus more on "talent." So now I will get 20 extra points for having a graduate degree from a top 500 University (I went to Northwestern, so there's no top list with that uni not on it haha the lowest I've seen it ranked is 39th). Getting this visa would mean not relying on my job to sponsor me. I would be free to get basically any job I'm qualified for (lots of media companies, magazines/newspapers, game companies, etc. who need English editors, writers, etc.) I could even work part-time at a venue or restaurant if I wanted to (though there is also an income requirement in which I have to be making the average national salary). I would age out of the visa when I hit 40, but by that time I should've either had time for the language course or left the country. And you have to renew it every 1-3 years and prove you still qualify each time (right now if you qualify the first time, you continue to qualify for as long as you want to stay)
Anyway, it was a sore spot for me knowing that I couldn't achieve a higher visa status due to the fact I work so much, but now I have options for the future! I like my job, but having something closer to home would make a huge difference in my quality of life. I live very close to a bunch of big broadcasting and publishing companies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Xraystyle Xraystyle How wonderful! That's such good news :)

I just found out I can still renew my passport. I had thought you had to mail it for renewal before it expires, but the website said you can still renew it even if it expired if certain criteria is met. It is not expired yet, but a couple weeks. My passport is used for identification to work, so I need to remember to send it sooner than later. Especially because there will most likely be delays.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate 2020. I hate it so much.
I'm so with you on that. I thought I was dealing ok with everything but I'm not.
The weather has something to do with it. It's been constant heat and humidity
for so long and I have cabin fever. Yesterday it was like a blast furnace outside
but I kept going out at different intervals so I wouldn't go crazy. A bath in the morning,
shower in early evening and various change of clothes. Sometimes living alone
sucks.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well it's been a while, but this year has been busy and it's gonna get busier.

Got into my first car accident July 3rd. My knees were pretty banged up and had a bruise on my nose from hitting the steering wheel, but overall walked away with minor injuries, something that surprised some people looking at the car. Thankfully it was deemed the other person's fault (they decided to merge into my lane when I was about 3-4 feet away). This whole situation showed me just how cruel and heartless my supervisor is. Called her and her response to me getting into a car accident was to sigh annoyingly and give me attitude about who is gonna cover me. Then she went into a rant about how no one thinks of her, poor me, woe is me, etc. I'm sorry but no one needs to think of someone who thinks about themselves enough for everyone. So that treatment triggered a really bad depressive episode. I'm proud to say I'm still sober though.

Then I went skydiving with my brother July 11th. Was cool but I got motion sickness during the parachute ride down and blew chunks the whole way down lol then had to do the walk of shame back into the warehouse with everyone there, with mascara running down one eye, wind blown, knotted up hair, and puke on my black leggings and shirt. Welp, wasn't how I pictured my first skydiving adventure to go, but it gave me a funny story to tell that has made everyone laugh their asses off so I guess that's a plus 😂

Then this week I found out the paramedic who showed up to my car accident scene now has a crush on me and wanted my number. I had to decline as I am not looking to date anyone (I literally ran and hid trying not to have a panic attack when my best friend said someone wanted my number. I think that's a sign I'm not ready to date lol) and he's just not my type. Thank god he had his coworkers ask me so I didn't have to reject anyone in person. I would rather be rejected than reject someone and rejection is one of my biggest fears. Really flattered, though.

Also gonna move soon. That's stressful too. Not sure how the boys are gonna react. It's not the first time they've moved, since they lived in a foster home, but they were kittens back then and adapted pretty easily. I need to get a kennel so they can both be moved comfortably together. They'd probably do better with the other's company than in two separate carriers.

Teddy is still dealing with his EGC. I try only giving him Pred when he's having bad days. We also use colloidal silver and his antibiotic spray when he gets infections. So far those two have been enough.

Gonna try self tanner this weekend. Lawd help me lol

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Literally was thinking about you last night and this morning wondering what happened to you.

Do you have to wear a brace or anything for your knee?
Yeah it's just been a bit crazy. I just hope things chill out after we move.

No, they just got bruised up really bad. Thankfully no fractures or internal injuries. The first day I couldn't walk without a lot of pain but now as long as I don't put pressure on the bruises nothing hurts. I'll say the bruises are looking really faded now compared to how black and blue and green and yellow they were. I'll hopefully be able to start working out again cause my favorite exercises require being on my knees.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Show Me Your Kitties Show Me Your Kitties Holy cow, so glad you are okay! Your supervisor response was so not needed, grrr. That response would have worked me up, too.

If you find any good deals on a crate, can you let me know? I've thought of doing that for Persia and Katrina and think it would help them be calmer, too. Good luck with the move!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Show Me Your Kitties Show Me Your Kitties Holy cow, so glad you are okay! Your supervisor response was so not needed, grrr. That response would have worked me up, too.
I agree. This supervisor is really something... :think: Extremely selfish. I can't imagine someone telling me they were in an accident and my first response being upset that their shifts won't be covered. Ridiculous.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
.but I know some people just use "iPad" to mean any tablet, just like Xerox and Kleenex ;).
Years ago, speaking of that (and I do it, too), I went to Oklahoma, and was va'll stly amused to hear the following exchange:

"I'd like a coke, please."
"What kind?"
"Pepsi."
"Coming up!"

I'll probably get something NOT apple, but I've had good luck with my Apple iPhone. Of course, it's the first phone I've had in years that wasn't either "the cheapest thing you have," used, or a free government phone. That does make a difference.

I'm just procrastinating some housework.
LOL, one of the best things about living with a cat rather than other humans is that I no longer have to procrastinate about housework, I JUST DON'T DO IT! Well...I'm neat, generally, and I do the bathroom and kitchen on a daily basis, but the rest can just wait until I'm in the mood. I'm going to print out a notice that reads, "Dust testing in progress. PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB SAMPLES!" and put it in my living room.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first iPhone was over 5 years old when I got this one last year. And it wasn’t an “upgraded” model. I did have a good case though. It just seems like so many of my friends are constantly needing new phones. In then end I’m not sure who spent more.
LOL, one of the best things about living with a cat rather than other humans is that I no longer have to procrastinate about housework, I JUST DON'T DO IT!
I could probably get away with that more if we didn’t have kids around adding to the clutter. But today I had my kids doing more work themselves. Friday is the day all the floors get a good vacuuming and they do that. And both help with the dishwasher now. Today DD got to do their bathroom. Sure it takes longer to supervise them; but they gotta learn sometime! In the end it’ll give me more free time. Eventually! The other day I was caught up doing something so I sent DD to start dinner. Eventually I want each kid to be responsible for dinner one night a week.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to me like a crazed person about cleaning; then I calmed down~~ a bit... then Covid hit... Now, It is "whenever" !!! :lol2:

Seriously, I do a 'quick' daily vacuum of the litter from the linoleum: bathroom and kitchen.. Counter is done at least twice daily. Seems like I am always using the hand vacuum for litter.

About once a week, I do a 'quick' vacuuming of the rugs...

Dusting is, as Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 says,
"Dust testing in progress. PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB SAMPLES!"
I do it when the collection of 'white' is too much for me! I am not a fan of following messages, in the dust!! :flail:

Speaking of which, I need to do a good dusting, polishing..... and clean out the filter in the air purifier...
I did the AC unit last week.

Covid is messing everything up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.