The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So the phone issue is the IOS version, not the phone itself. I did some searching and it appears many people are facing issues with battery drain with 13.5.1. I had no choice to update though as I couldn't even set up new phone straight from the box as one until I updated to that version. I got the phone a little over a month ago, it's an iPhone 11 Pro and it's still at 100% battery. I only have 2 apps on it so far til I figure out what I'm doing leaving me close to 64 GB of space left. However on my old cracked screen 6S that I had since it was released (2014? 2015?) I used more than I do the new phone. It's at 78% battery health, battery does drain in 30 minutes though but I'm running IOS 14 beta so I expect some battery issues while beta testing. However, battery issues aside that will probably be fixed by release, apps are more stable, they don't crash. 13.5.1 freezes apps and crashes. Apple has admitted that there is a problem with this version and hopefully a fix for the fix will be released in a week. Either way on the old phone my Swagbucks app is running again with no problems but still no good on the new phone with current public IOS.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have to wait until next summer to watch this:

It was supposed to have been in theaters this summer but obviously had to be postponed.

The problem tech at work was just spoken to again :rolleyes3: It hasn't had any effect in the past and won't again. I honestly don't understand why it's so hard to get HR involved and let this person go. The person clearly cannot meet even the minimum expectations of the job. I heard from the supervisor that the tech was behind on a certain task this week even though there is a set schedule for the task to be done. For some reason it takes the tech all day to do the task, sometimes two days, while it takes anyone else with a similar amount of work a few hours. Even the new person can do twice as much in a day and he has zero experience.

So exhausted in general :thud: I don't get Uber rides to work anymore so have to take public transportation. Uber was completely unreliable at the end anyways. I have no idea if the normal bus route I take into the square is crowded or not at 5am. It starts in the next town over and the stop I get on at is like number 22 on the route so a lot of people get on before I do. So I just walk the nearly 2 miles to the square and get on the other bus route which starts there so it's always an empty bus waiting for passengers. And in order to do that, I have to get up at 3:30am and leave the house by 4:45am because it takes about half an hour to walk to the square :thud: It's doable now but when it starts to get cold and the weather turns, it's not so much fun. Public transportation won't be back to full normal service until the end of the year :ohwell:

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily
`
Around here we can call the police. Although, some police in other areas said they are not going to enforce it, so guess I'm in a lucky area. Do you know if your law enforcement would enforce mask rules?

LTS3 LTS3 Thank you for sharing that trailer! Looks cute! I'm pretty picky with comedy movies, but love this series and actually laugh during the movies! They often make me cry, too, and this commercial even made me tear up. <3

I'm really looking forward to the new Jurassic Park movies. Not sure when it comes out, but saw an article they started filming. Hope they keep very safe during filming.

Did some insect monitoring training this morning. The forest preserves here are doing online zoom training and talks for various things. It will help pad my resume during this time and teach me new skills. And I'm proud I remembered it was today and tuned in on time. Scheduling has been challenging, but I rocked it today!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie - Is everything remote for you or are you allowed to meet in small groups as long as you keep a distance?

Around here we can call the police. Although, some police in other areas said they are not going to enforce it, so guess I'm in a lucky area. Do you know if your law enforcement would enforce mask rules?
I contacted the city last night and reported everything that I've seen going on there. I hope they do something about it. I found an online form you can fill out. You tell them the address, the date of the incident, details, etc.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf DH and I have had some battery drain with our phones (We both have the 8 and they aren’t a year old yet.) We both shut off the location services and it’s helped some. It’s not been that bad of a drain though. We’ve not had them die mid day. Of course watching videos does drain it faster. Thats when I noticed it most.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie - Is everything remote for you or are you allowed to meet in small groups as long as you keep a distance?

I contacted the city last night and reported everything that I've seen going on there. I hope they do something about it. I found an online form you can fill out. You tell them the address, the date of the incident, details, etc.

We've opened up quite a bit. Gatherings up to 50 are allowed now, but still social distancing and mask wearing. People can go back to offices at 50% capacity. They had a concert at the park this week, the first of the season, and each family was told to stay in a circle which was marked in the grass. If they went out of the circle, masks were required.

I hope they do something about it, too. Glad you found a way to report it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
39 COVID cases in my zip code today, but we're a lightly-populated area. I'm expecting a spike in the next week or so, since half the town decided to barbecue and invite EVERYONE they know. I'm betting that there were very few masks worn. I turned down several invitations. With diabetes and COPD, I canNOT afford to take chances!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shelter where the kittens were adopted always posts cute comics of cats and dogs. This made me laugh.

Worried about my best friend who tested positive for corona. She is on day 8 and feels like crap. Hoping this is as bad as it gets, and she recovers soon.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily Forgot to ask. What stage of reopening is your area in? Are gatherings allowed?
I think we're in stage two? You're allowed to have gathering of under 10 people and you can have circles which is basically households or individuals you visit exclusively. But I'm a little hazy on the details because I try to avoid the news.

I tried to make a timelapse video of my pothos. I separated the small plants from the large ones because they weren't doing well together (small ones weren't getting enough light). I wanted to witness them stretching toward the light. I got slight movement but it's very subtle.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
39 COVID cases in my zip code today, but we're a lightly-populated area. I'm expecting a spike in the next week or so, since half the town decided to barbecue and invite EVERYONE they know. I'm betting that there were very few masks worn. I turned down several invitations. With diabetes and COPD, I canNOT afford to take chances!
My nephew lives in Corolla, in Outer Banks and they even have cases there. They blocked the road going north back in March, but people who own property there had to be able to access their homes, some weeks later people began getting sick

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we're in stage two? You're allowed to have gathering of under 10 people and you can have circles which is basically households or individuals you visit exclusively. But I'm a little hazy on the details because I try to avoid the news.

I tried to make a timelapse video of my pothos. I separated the small plants from the large ones because they weren't doing well together (small ones weren't getting enough light). I wanted to witness them stretching toward the light. I got slight movement but it's very subtle.
Gotcha, the news is pretty stressful nowadays. And more so that they sensationalize things and with the virus, so it can get pretty intense.

That is the coolest video ever! Was it running constantly and you sped it up or did it take pictures you looped together? What time frame was the video over?

Have you ever seen the David Attenbourg plant videos? The time lapse makes the plants look alive! It is so neat. The plant on the right had some pretty constant movement with that one leaf. I wonder why that one leaf did most of the moving out of all the leaves on the plant? So interesting.

Still sharing information with my mom about the importance of wearing masks. She does not feel comfortable telling her elderly friend to wear a mask or put in other boundaries. She told me she will limit her spending and not spend so much time there, but not sure how much that will do if her friend ends up having it some day and is not wearing a mask. She has never put my health and well-being first if there was a toxic person she was caring for. I'm not really surprised, but it hurt a lot at first. I really wanted to believe her when she said her family was coming first, and she was going to protect us and put in boundaries. The whole situation makes me tired, and I am reminded again she is never going to change and she is never going to understand the gravity of her actions because her co-dependency and denial is so strong.

It's been interesting to see the dynamics and how my mom's behavior has shifted throughout this situation. She has been a lot nicer and getting more take-out recently, and it feels like she is trying to win me back with material things. There are terms in unhealthy relationships like hoovering and gift-bombing which are to reel you back in. Wonder if her actions fall into this category. It feels like she has been super nice to make me feel more comfortable with her and make me forgive her or forget what she did, but she still does not see the gravity of her actions and how she can cause harm to herself or me.

Hoping this will be the added fuel to never go back and keep no-contact after I'm out the next time.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
That was fascinating to watch. It's like they're all dancing!

That is the coolest video ever! Was it running constantly and you sped it up or did it take pictures you looped together? What time frame was the video over?
The video was made using a time-lapse app. I made a stand for my phone out of wire and I placed it on top of the glass cover. It took 9 - 10 hours. I set the app to take a picture every 10 seconds. Actually, if it's sped up much faster, you can see all the leaves move ever so slightly. And this morning, they are all noticeably straighter than last night. ☺ I'm going to try doing this with all my plants.

My first guppy female is giving birth again not even a month after the first batch. I have about 100 fry all together now. Way too much. I'm trying to get in touch with local fish stores to see if anyone who is low on guppy stock would like to take them.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The shelter where the kittens were adopted always posts cute comics of cats and dogs. This made me laugh.

Worried about my best friend who tested positive for corona. She is on day 8 and feels like crap. Hoping this is as bad as it gets, and she recovers soon.
That comic is all the way Treasure, first thing in the morning.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope she recovers quickly.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope she recovers quickly.
Thank you. Me, too.

She sent me her address so I could send her some goodies. Sometimes she shies away from people helping her out, so very thankful she accepted my offer. I can only imagine how it must be being sick of this while living alone and far away from family. How hard it might be to feel so sick, and make healthy meals. She will be receiving some soup, salad, sandwich, and fresh fruit delivered later today from a local restaurant.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The phone is less then a month new. Battery health is 100% Sorry I thought you saw all my other posts about this phone on here
I read your last posts, and I know that your smartphone and its battery are new, but new things also have problems ...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think my DD is trying to have a growth spurt in the middle of summer. That's better than winter or right after I buy her clothing. But she's eating like crazy. I'm not prepared to have an elementary age student who is taller than I am. I'm just glad she can't outgrow her shorts!

She's this without the pudge.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dropped off some old clothes and lots of shower/personal hygiene products for a local family who lost their house and all their belongings in a house fire. Everyone is fine thankfully. Warmed my heart that there was already many bags at the drop off place when my stuff was dropped off. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.