The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been trying to find the instructions for DS’s train table. He’s working off a picture now but it’s hard to see some pieces and he mixed all his tracks together at some point. I figured it would be easy to find the instructions online but nope! The table came from ToysRUs so that’s likely why. I did find someone SELLING the instructions on ebay!! :headshake::jawdrop::headshake: $10 the instructions and $5 for shipping. NOPE.
What is the set? I would be happy to look online too. Also, check on Pinterest.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is the set? I would be happy to look online too. Also, check on Pinterest.
This is the set we have: Amazon.com: Imaginarium Metro Line Train Table: Toys & Games

I found one site that says they had the instructions in pdf but there was nothing to click. I found a lot of other sets instructions. I did find a number of 'unboxing' videos on youtube. That sounds like a pain to work from but maybe someone included a shot of the instructions themselves.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been trying to find the instructions for DS’s train table. He’s working off a picture now but it’s hard to see some pieces and he mixed all his tracks together at some point. I figured it would be easy to find the instructions online but nope! The table came from ToysRUs so that’s likely why. I did find someone SELLING the instructions on ebay!! :headshake::jawdrop::headshake: $10 the instructions and $5 for shipping. NOPE.
I'm in the wrong business

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are you in a design program?
Nope! I just enjoy doing it! I get to design textbooks at the school I work at, too. Designing covers is my favorite thing to do! If I could go back in time, I would have gone to university for art and design rather than writing and journalism I think.

(in middle school I got discouraged with art because at that time "anime/cartoon" style was really frowned upon by western teachers, so I always did poorly in art class for not "following directions" --yeah right!, but was encouraged by teachers to do writing...)

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope! I just enjoy doing it! I get to design textbooks at the school I work at, too. Designing covers is my favorite thing to do! If I could go back in time, I would have gone to university for art and design rather than writing and journalism I think.

(in middle school I got discouraged with art because at that time "anime/cartoon" style was really frowned upon by western teachers, so I always did poorly in art class for not "following directions" --yeah right!, but was encouraged by teachers to do writing...)
Oh wow! Would love to see your work sometime. And yes, art is commonly a discouraged profession and seen as more of a "hobby" rather than a career choice. Been there. I'm glad I didn't listen to what everyone else was saying and went to Sheridan. Maybe you could take some credits at an art school?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember jealousy being an issue between art students and teachers when I was in school. I am more crafty than artsy; but my bff would tell me about things in her classes. The art/drama teacher was generally well loved. But one kid; who was a really nice guy, was very talented (better than most kids) and the teacher would not give him the grades he deserved. BFF said they had decided the teacher was jealous.

I always thought I was bad at art because I can’t draw. But in college my Color & Composition class we painted a lot and I found out it is really fun and relaxing. I learned to draw some in a Perspective and Rendering class too. Breaking it down to be more technical helped me a lot. Having someone actually teach those concepts too. So when I retire I am going to take art classes. :lol: Maybe before. But definitely then. I don’t get time to do a lot of creative stuff like that now and sometimes I get really restless until I get to create something.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! Would love to see your work sometime. And yes, art is commonly a discouraged profession and seen as more of a "hobby" rather than a career choice. Been there. I'm glad I didn't listen to what everyone else was saying and went to Sheridan. Maybe you could take some credits at an art school?
I usually post to my instagram if you use that (id: xray_style) ~
Here, where animation/game creation/graphic illustration is actually a very popular career path (there's a whole "animation" high school in a neighboring suburb!) they have lots of hobby schools where you can do everything from traditional painting to visual effects to comic making to tattooing (even though tattooing is still illegal here, lol!) I don't have the time for it now, especially since I decided to take up drumming (the hobby school for that keeps its doors open 24 hours a day so you can practice whenever), But it has definitely crossed my mind. My manager's daughter is in middle school and she's a great artist and so he has been encouraging her to take it seriously--since she'll need to basically have chosen a career path by high school--and I keep telling him to tell her how lucky she is that people take her seriously. haha. Of course, working in the industry isn't actually easy or that well-paid. Mostly you'd be doing all the animation for American cartoons or mobile games. Very few earn a living working on their own creations.

Haha, I mean I ended up going to college originally for creative writing, another "hobby." But honestly, in high school I didn't have much ambition so when someone suggested I go for writing I was just kind of like "oh ok." There's a lot I would redo about ages 17-21, but hey, in the end I still ended up living and working in Asia which was probably what my high school self wanted anyway (though she would've chosen Japan haha)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Since she is usually mellow and lets you handle her I would consider buying a grooming sack. It’s sort of a bag with a head cut out and a bunch of zippers that you put the cat in. Then you just unzip the section you need to groom. I had a bad tempered long haired Siamese that I had shaved every year til she developed kidney disease and they couldn’t do it any more. So bagging her was the only way I could groom her and it worked pretty well.
Thanks Susan. Maybe I should buy one. I've never heard of those. Also sounds like it could be used to administer meds.💖

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually post to my instagram if you use that (id: xray_style) ~
Here, where animation/game creation/graphic illustration is actually a very popular career path (there's a whole "animation" high school in a neighboring suburb!) they have lots of hobby schools where you can do everything from traditional painting to visual effects to comic making to tattooing (even though tattooing is still illegal here, lol!) I don't have the time for it now, especially since I decided to take up drumming (the hobby school for that keeps its doors open 24 hours a day so you can practice whenever), But it has definitely crossed my mind. My manager's daughter is in middle school and she's a great artist and so he has been encouraging her to take it seriously--since she'll need to basically have chosen a career path by high school--and I keep telling him to tell her how lucky she is that people take her seriously. haha. Of course, working in the industry isn't actually easy or that well-paid. Mostly you'd be doing all the animation for American cartoons or mobile games. Very few earn a living working on their own creations.

Haha, I mean I ended up going to college originally for creative writing, another "hobby." But honestly, in high school I didn't have much ambition so when someone suggested I go for writing I was just kind of like "oh ok." There's a lot I would redo about ages 17-21, but hey, in the end I still ended up living and working in Asia which was probably what my high school self wanted anyway (though she would've chosen Japan haha)
I don't have Instagram anymore but I checked out some of your stuff and I love your style!!

Have you ever been to Yeouido? I had a dream about it a few months back without ever having heard about the place. In the dream, a friend from school was cooking me a meal and he had the name written down on a piece of paper. As soon as I woke up, I googled it immediately and sort of had an out of body experience. "OH, my... this is a real place?!" I'm still thinking about it to this day and what it could mean.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have Instagram anymore but I checked out some of your stuff and I love your style!!

Have you ever been to Yeouido? I had a dream about it a few months back without ever having heard about the place. In the dream, a friend from school was cooking me a meal and he had the name written down on a piece of paper. As soon as I woke up, I googled it immediately and sort of had an out of body experience. "OH, my... this is a real place?!" I'm still thinking about it to this day and what it could mean.
Interesting! Yeouido is actually quite close to where I live. It's where the national assembly building is. I wonder how you would've heard of it, perhaps it was mentioned in a movie or TV show? I know that the Marvel movies have some scenes in Korea. But otherwise I doubt it would have been in the international news lately and I don't think I've ever mentioned it either. Or perhaps it was totally organically generated! In which case, I have no idea what it could mean.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to figure out how to properly dispose of a lithium power bank that no longer works and 2 how to quickly go through these charging cables to see which one works and which ones don't. I need organization. I'm a very disorganized person and then with the situation at home it doesn't make things any better. And most know the situation with Mom. :(

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to figure out how to properly dispose of a lithium power bank that no longer works and 2 how to quickly go through these charging cables to see which one works and which ones don't. I need organization. I'm a very disorganized person and then with the situation at home it doesn't make things any better. And most know the situation with Mom. :(

Is the lithium power bank like a big battery? My local police station used to take it and the village hall. Now there is a special pick-up through recycling/trash pick-up that comes weekly. Also, I used to work at Walgreens way back when and the photo department took used batteries to recycle, but not sure if they still do.

The need to organize is so relatable. My room looked similar to hoarders growing up, in between bouts of deep cleaning. When I moved away for school, my first time living on my own, it was so easy to stay organized! Now that I'm back home for a bit, it is harder. The environment your living in definitely makes a difference. Living in an emotionally unhealthy place lowers your energy and ability to concentrate and stay organized. You go into survival mode. I still haven't cleaned out all of my bags from moving back here... But I try to remind myself I'm doing the best I can right now, given the circumstances. Hang in there <3

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea it’s a vicious cycle though. I’ve always been disorganized even when living hours away from Mom. So my disorganized nature is not her fault

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Woohoo, the basement is finished. The only rooms left to clean are the ones Mom uses so she can't blame me for that. I still have bags to go through outside and organize but I'll do that tomorrow (or maybe tonight.) If I haven't used something in 5 years I'm pitching it. I"m tired of the clutter.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woohoo, the basement is finished. The only rooms left to clean are the ones Mom uses so she can't blame me for that. I still have bags to go through outside and organize but I'll do that tomorrow (or maybe tonight.) If I haven't used something in 5 years I'm pitching it. I"m tired of the clutter.
Way to go! Sounds like you got a lot done! :celebrate:

Status
Not open for further replies.