The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I absolutely hate when people talk over me and assume they can finish my thoughts for me. For one of my groups, we have to convene about our project and during the call, I tried to talk about all my points. I don't think anyone was really listening to me and every time I tried to share my idea, I just got trampled by what everyone else had to say. Really cannot wait for these courses to be OVER.
My daughter in law does that which is really awful when I am talking to my son on the phone and she listens in the background and puts in her 3 cents worth although nobody asked her. So I can't understand either one of them. There have been times when i have asked him to leave the room because it is just too difficult to hear either one of them and the conversation is between him and me, not a 3-way. Now we usually talk when he is on the road and thus no interruptions or butting in from her. She does that also in person and she is loud as if she had a hearing problem which she does not. She says this is the way she grew up, one only got a word in edgewise by being loud and interrupting. Come on, that was 40 years ago, one would think that she had learned by now not to do that. Grrr!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to be one of the most dense people on earth. Got an iPow magnetic phone holder for the car which I want to use for one of my cams and can't figure out how to put the thing together. Why do I bother?

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I've been jeans shopping online with my stimulus money. In the reviews for some of the dark rinse jeans people are complaining about the dye running and turning things blue. Have you guys ever had that happen?
I have bought jeans that had a tag on them saying they needed to be washed before wearing because of the dye running, also had one that said to be careful of sitting on light colored furniture for the same reason. Many years ago I was told to wash items in vinegar water before wearing them to set the dye, I don't know if that is true but I have been doing that ever since and have never had the dye run after that. I don't wear clothes without washing them first anyway because I don't know whose hands have been handling them even before they were sealed in plastic. The only exception are items that need dry cleaning and those are coats and jackets which I don't wear right on my skin. No, I am not germ phobic, to me this is just being a bit fastidious. Being a thrift store fiend (I have found wonderful items there, fancy labels, items with store tags still attached etc) I don't mind someone else having worn something before me but everything goes into the wash before I wear it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind someone else having worn something before me but everything goes into the wash before I wear it.
I would have to wait 2 weeks to wear my new clothes then. Like I said before, my mother won't let me use the washing machine and she only washes my clothes about once every 2 weeks. I wore one pair of Old Navy jeans already and the dye didn't come off on anything. Maybe if she washes all my new jeans together in one load they will be fine. I got 2 new pair today, I'm excited to try them on tomorrow after my shower. One is mid rise, one is high rise jeans.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow all this time I thought these were cats. Kid up the street told me I had a pretty dog while pointing at Sopdet. And he was serious too. The kid is not challenged and he's 12 years old. I don't know who his parents are but I wonder about this kid's schooling if he doesn't know the difference between a cat and a dog

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I've been quiet for a few days. I've been feeling depressed (yeah, what else is new?). I also have my coding certification exam on Saturday, so I've been trying to prepare for that. It hasn't been easy. I just keep thinking about my grandma :(
No worries, we are here for you. :hugs:

Pictures of the guppies?? I used to keep guppies throughout growing up and enjoyed letting them breed. It was always neat to see what colors the babies grew into.
Guppies are extremely difficult to photograph. I tried my best! I got them at an independently owned fish store. The guy who owns the store isn't the friendliest but his stock is good and he takes extremely good care of his fish and his aquariums. I mean, the water was so clean. Absolutely none of the fishes had any growths or ripped fins. They were all alert and had bright colours. Even though he isn't the nicest, I'll still go back because he has good guppies and rare colours I'd like to introduce to my strain. The orange one is an albino female. She is pregnant but I have no idea when the fry are going to be born. There is a pale blue female and a little ice blue male. He is young so he doesn't pick on the girls. I want to start out with these colours first and then introduce some yellow into the strain in the future. The albino one's orange contrast so nicely with the colour scheme of the tank.
Webp.net-resizeimage copy 2.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage-2 copy.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage copy.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage-2.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Didn't find any pothos unfortunately. Or peace lilies. I know a lady who sells them so I'll have to get into contact with her to see when she'll have them in stock again. The roots might be a good place for guppy fry to hide too.

Last edited:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw Alpha Bits cereal at the Asian market today:

View attachment 337768

Does anyone remember this cereal? It's still being made but I haven't seen it in any supermarket since I was a kid.
I remember it. I have not seen it for many years. Cinnamon Life is one of my favorite cereals. I would cry if they discontinued it.

After the depressing and stressful last couple of months, I have a couple of "good stuff" pictures to share. I made two tables. One is my daughter's, the other is ours. One of our danios had babies and we were able to save one before it was eaten by the other fish. Considering how densely planted that tank is, I am a bit shocked that we ever found the baby! There was a nasty storm that went through. Afterward, my daughter got a lovely rainbow picture from her apartment window.

Attachments

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh! And here is a picture of my 7-month-old betta Hanzo and another picture of my smallest cat, 4 1/2-year-old Freya, and our longest cat, almost 2-year-old Silas. They adore each other. Please, ignore the mess on the floor. I was just about to clean!
View attachment 338409View attachment 338408
Wow! Freya looks like a kitten next to Silas! Silas has a gorgeous shiny coat.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Huh. I've never had that happen, ever. But I haven't bought jeans in over 10 years, maybe longer.
It's definitely not all jeans. A lot of producers don't use indigo anymore and I would think that if the jeans already have preset fading and feathering (as is the general style for the past 10 years) they would have the dye set before selling! I only notice it with the solid dark wash blue jeans I have.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to clean and reuse the old stand I used to use for my 10 gallon aquarium years ago. I spent the morning cutting a piece of old plywood to fit into where the 10 gallon used to sit. My dad made this stand custom for me when I was younger.
15919091489016168647596875904197.jpg

15919094453648484387596671294416.jpg

I'm also cleaning up my work area. Going to turn my desk towards the window.

15919102540448843039387968338225.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That’s a beautiful stand! I got a cabinet like one for my old tank. I use it to store cat food and treats but it’s not pretty. I see these nice cabinets at craft fairs but I’ve not bitten the bullet to buy one yet. I need to measure the space. It could be worth the investment. Years ago my Grandpa would have made it for me.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the social distancing thing over with? Cause I was out for my walk when the mail lady came. I tried to back up on the driveway and give her 6 feet of space, but she walked right up to me and handed me my package! No face mask or gloves anymore.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is the social distancing thing over with? Cause I was out for my walk when the mail lady came. I tried to back up on the driveway and give her 6 feet of space, but she walked right up to me and handed me my package! No face mask or gloves anymore.
Well, it should not be. In fact, although cases are going down in some areas, they are still climbing steadily in others. And with people like that, we're gonna spike HARD again.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's been about 2 years now since I last went on a date :dunno:
I was seriously trying to work up some momentum this year, but then the global pandemic struck and Korea is in it for the slow, slow burn, so opportunities are very few and far between. I need to be interested in people who aren't band members or soccer players ... :updown:

dating apps here are just...yikes.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as I'm concerned at least, it isn't. I'm going to wear my mask to my exam tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.