TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I spoke with my grandmother was on the phone, shortly after her decision to go into hospice. She told me about my first Christmas, when I was three months old and my parents and I had flown to visit. My other grandmother had given me a Christmas dress. I've seen pictures of it but, although it was very pretty, Grandma remembered it being incredibly stiff and uncomfortable. Because of it, I cried and cried until I was put into a onesie, and Grandma put a hot water bottle on my stomach. I was good to go after that :thumbsup:

I learned something from that story. I absolutely hate getting dressed up, because fancier clothing makes me so uncomfortable. Now I know I've literally always been that way.

Sorry, just wanted to share.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, she looks the same as she did when she was a puppy. She's 3 years old now (I think?). Would you ever get a small dog?
Alas, no. I like big, hairy dogs. Given a choice, were I to have another dog, it would be a Scottish Staghound (AKA Scottish Deerhound).
1591490546700.png

They are almost as large as Irish Wolfhounds. However, no more dogs for me, ever. I am not able to walk a dog properly, and DOGS NEED WALKING. Just letting them out to play in a fenced yard isn't enough for them, it doesn't satisfy something in their psychological makeup that only walking does. Now, while I have known several small dogs that I am very fond of, I'm not overly fond of far too many small dog OWNERS, who seem to find everything that their dog does cute or amusing, including snarling and snapping.

Katie M Katie M , you keep on sharing. The only immortality that we are certain about is our continued existence in the minds and hearts of those who love us. Keep on sharing.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Today what's on my mind is wondering why, after a year and a half, Treasure does not "get it". For this length of time I had to move the cat items to the other side of the house to hide from Mom once a week and to clean the area of excessive food droppings, etc. And every time, Treasure walks off whining with his tail between his legs like I'm booting him off the property going to end of the yard and glaring at me from the neighbors yard. I'm wondering why he runs around looking for cats, leading them to the food bowls only to growl and hiss at them, running them off once they start eating sometimes resulting in fights or play fights as case with Sopdet and Tourmaline. Then the whining and yowling and sitting there waiting for them to return becomes so loud with his meows my Mom hears him upstairs with A/C running and windows/doors shut. I sweat this cat has a mental problem. Yes I know he came from a hoarding situation. But why round up other cats to bring back here to only chase them off the minute they start eating?He doesn't have rabies or he would have turned on me as well even though I am his food source.

I'm also wondering why I attract all the crazy stuff in my life. Not just the cats but other things. Ok rant over and sorry for the book.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just spoke Chamorro (language of Guam).:loveeyes::woohoo::kitty::hellocat:💖:flail::cloud9::blush: I say hello, your yard is pretty, can you turn music down a little bit. They with big smiles turn music down, say "sorry". I say thank you in Chamorro. I say "how do you say please in Chamorro? They tell me. I repeat in Chamorro please and also thank you! They have big giant smiles and they say to me thank you, we did not know you could speak any of our native tongue! Well, I guess I cannot really add new language to my list of languages I know, but still, it feels sooo oo good. And it is so nice and peaceful. :):coolcat::silver:🌻🥀🌺💐🌼🌹💮🌸:purplebutterfly::):silver:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy's condition and the lack of answers on how to treat it makes me want to pull my hair out.

My job makes me miserable as always. Nightshift is lazy and doesn't pull his weight, and there's only so much day shift can do, so guess who gets the bulk of the work? I'm sorry but if you want a miracle hire Jesus.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Apple actually copied their phone from Samsung. If you notice you'll see that most iPhones release updated phones with same features that Samsung puts out. I got the iPhone thinking it would be easier to hold as I have very severe nerve damage but this iPhone 11 Pro is as big as the old rotary landline we used to have. I know we do a lot more stuff on it but still is there a need for a phone to be as big as a house?

I guess that is why I still have an iphone 4 which is only 4 1/2 by 2 inches and fits in my hand or my jeans pocket. I don't do much besides make and get calls or send mssgs with or without pics so this works just fine for me. I have a desk top comp for stuff like these entries on the catsite. Who needs these giant phones, I thought that's why cell phones went from the size of bricks (just watch some old movies!) to flip phones? Now they are huge again, forget it, I'm sticking with this old tiny one.

Trivia I got from Geek Squad: Samsung started off as a Ramen Noodle company and shortly after stopped making Ramen Noodles and went into electronics.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
subbing again. Three teachers called in today. 1 with food poisoning, one just fainted in the morning (but has come back now at lunch time) and one with a sore throat. My boss nearly had a meltdown as she was calling me to tell me. So much for a relaxing entry into the workweek. The plus side was that I subbed kindie instead of preschool and the kindie kids are just less headaches overall. Also, they have one whole class with the Korean teacher (because this is their only pre/k school, they have times to learn Korean culture too) so I got finished early.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to know how the heck I managed to mess up my knee walking into my house after going out to dinner Saturday night. I miss being able to walk without being in pain. So much for sleeping in on the one Sunday I have off in months since I had to go to urgent care for my knee at 7:00am. I had x-rays done and there is nothing structurally wrong with my knee. The doctor did an exam before sending me to have x-rays. He said I most likely tweaked a tendon in my knee and told me to stay off it for a few days. I am supposed to go back to work on Tuesday but was given an excuse note for an extra day off. I called and let my boss know what's going on and he told me he hopes I feel better. I am going to have to follow-up with the store manager tomorrow about Tuesday unless I wake up and can suddenly walk again. I am hoping my boss will remember to leave his boss a note about my phone call since he is off tomorrow. I am in a lot of pain but I feel guilty about taking Tuesday off since that is the day of our weekly delivery. I work retail and we are understaffed so calling off would make things worse on already difficult day. My bosses would not get mad at me for calling off but I still don't want to do it unless I absolutely have to. I am going to make a decision after I see how I feel when I get up tomorrow. Thanks for listening to my vent.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt wow ramen noodles, to computers! segelkatt segelkatt I still have my landline. I love my landline. I have added the tiniest tracfone which packs so much information into it my mind is blown. You name it, it has it. Of course I'm only using it for emergencies and some photographs. 🌸 :silver::)♥🌻🌺:purplebutterfly:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a comparison of the SE and asked a few of my relatives who bought one. Yes I sub to these tech geeks on YouTube who compare these phones and they said that the SE is good but it doesn't have the functions that I would need for some of my money making apps. It's not as reliable as the iPhone 11 though. The SE is Apple's version of the Samsung Galaxy A20 (low end phone).

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have taken to leaving intricate chalk drawings on the side walk to the either side of my home. I do it for the kids. It keeps them more btwn homes rather than right in front of mine. My husband has dubbed them the "corona kids".:)🌹 Because the whole group neither wears masks nor practices physical distancing. My husband says they like me too much. Of course this is true, but I like them also some of the time~just not so close to me that I have to keep walking a mile while I speak with each or all of them.:flail::cool2::hearthrob::silver:
Yesterday the giant alligator I drew was quite the hit!:):redheartpump::silver:🌸🐊
I think next draw majic carpet or genie. :agree::silver:🧞‍♀️🎶🎹🎼

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely hate when people talk over me and assume they can finish my thoughts for me. For one of my groups, we have to convene about our project and during the call, I tried to talk about all my points. I don't think anyone was really listening to me and every time I tried to share my idea, I just got trampled by what everyone else had to say. Really cannot wait for these courses to be OVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.