The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Have not felt so great the past few days. I kind of think it is something I ate... not food poisoning-- kind of like allergic reaction.. Just extra tired and lacking energy. This is how I am now relating what is good to eat and what is not, for me...
Still on the limited diet, although I have not been as strict, with it as I should be.

It is humid outside. I really cannot deal with the dampness. It makes me chilled. Using the AC to take down some of the humidity in here makes me even colder...

I woke up at 5:30am... bathroom visit, and went back to bed. Geoffrey was not happy with this!! But he continued his cuddle on the bed. Got up very late--7am.

Today:
Already played with and fed Geoffrey.
Need to scoop.
Cuddle with him for a minute or too.
Regular morning stuff
Change bed linens and towels.
Get laundry ready for tomorrow
get trash ready
Write out some bills
Make a business phone call
Check my car--it is parked down the street. Move it if a closer parking spot become available.

For supper: early really easy: Either a hamburger, or leftover ribeye steak sandwich. I made the ribeye on my mini indoor Foreman grill. It came out Perfect!! medium rare!!

I had forgotten about the Foreman Grill. I am going to have to use it more often. I think I will pick up an Zucchini and an Yellow squash to grill on it. I found some Garlic infused EVOO and Lemon infused EVOO. Either one would be good with it.. and a Red pepper.. Instead of using the oven, to roast them.

Geoffrey is so funny. Monday, I had gone out; have not done so for many weeks. I was only out for 2 hours. He was missing me! He came to greet me at the door, and yelled at me for leaving him. He was actually so happy that he was rubbing my legs as I was putting things away... sweet boy.

Put my things away, sat down with a cup of tea.

Suddenly, I heard repeated soft 'meows--hrumps' I could not believe my ears at first. I thought it was the birds outside: seagulls, sparrows. No, it was not. It was Geoffrey. He was calling me. I peeked around the corner to my bed. He was on my bed, sitting up, calling me. When he saw me, he was so happy!! He lied down, rolled on his back, started reaching for me-- air kneading.
So sweet!! He wanted me to cuddle with him. He missed me..

He is really a sensitive, sweet, cuddle cat. I wish he would turn into a lap cat.. but no, it has to be on my bed! sigh... sometimes he will cuddle while I lying down on my sofa. We have come so far since Nov of 2018. Geoffrey is a big boy. He is huge. Larger than my friends dog. He is about 12-14 lbs; yet he is not overweight. I can still feel his ribs. He eats a 6 oz can of food each day.
- prescription.At night, he gets almost a scoop of dry: W/D with a bit of his prescription food.

His stools are a bit hard.. sometimes comes out in nuggets. I do give him a bit of miralax, daily. It does seem to help him. No treats. I am afraid of them. I guess my experiences with Artie has me really poop conscious, and afraid of treats.

Geoffrey does periodically get acne with he is stressed. The demon dog next door, the motorcycles, and car stereos blasting are too much for him. I live right on a public beach, so I cannot control this.

He is not taking any meds at all.. no more prozac! He has come so far.

He is now, since he had his dental in January, spending each evening, curled up in his carrier. It is his sleeping room.

Geoffrey has learned how to play 'chase' !!! He loves it. every night!

sorry--wrote a book. I really have to stop being on the computer, as much as I have been...

He is not Artie, but he is a good sweet playful cuddle cat... loving.. Wish he would not fight and get so frightened when I have to do some maintenance things to him...

ugh.. the dampness is coming in...

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
Already played with and fed Geoffrey.
Need to scoop.
Cuddle with him for a minute or too.
Regular morning stuff
Change bed linens and towels.
Get laundry ready for tomorrow
get trash ready
Write out some bills
Make a business phone call
Check my car--it is parked down the street. Move it if a closer parking spot become available.
Wow, you're so productive!

Suddenly, I heard repeated soft 'meows--hrumps' I could not believe my ears at first. I thought it was the birds outside: seagulls, sparrows. No, it was not. It was Geoffrey. He was calling me. I peeked around the corner to my bed. He was on my bed, sitting up, calling me. When he saw me, he was so happy!! He lied down, rolled on his back, started reaching for me-- air kneading.
What a cute moment <3 That's so sweet

Yea it's almost 100% humidity here already at 7:48 am but this is St Louis weather.
Do I sense sarcasm?? ;) It was really hot yesterday (my bare feet felt like they were burning walking out on the deck exposed to sun to check my plants yesterday), but not too humid. Although, it rained overnight and may continue, so humidity will get a nice boost the next couple of days.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The girls are all fired up today. It's raining and they are not happy. Sophie went on a tear through the house knocking stuff over. That ended up with her howling outside DD's door. DD isn't here. I had to tell her that and she went off to sulk. :alright:

Lilith is mad because she wants to go out back in the screen room but she hates the rain. She has been yelling at me all morning because I either started the rain, failed to make it stop or both. I'm going with both. :lol: :rolleyes2:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you're so productive!

What a cute moment <3 That's so sweet

Do I sense sarcasm?? ;) It was really hot yesterday (my bare feet felt like they were burning walking out on the deck exposed to sun to check my plants yesterday), but not too humid. Although, it rained overnight and may continue, so humidity will get a nice boost the next couple of days.
? All summers in St Louis MO are hot and humid because we are between 2 rivers. I was just hoping we'd have a few more days or weeks of cool weather. 80 degrees in St Louis is tolerable for this time of year but 92 degrees with 100% humidity today is not.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandmother passed away early this morning.
I am so sorry for your loss. Glad your kitty is giving you extra comfort. They do know somethings up a lot of the time.

? All summers in St Louis MO are hot and humid because we are between 2 rivers. I was just hoping we'd have a few more days or weeks of cool weather. 80 degrees in St Louis is tolerable for this time of year but 92 degrees with 100% humidity today is not.

Understandable. My mom and brother have both been mentioning they are not happy about the heat and humidity here, although not sure how often it has reached 100% humidity. I used to be really bothered by heat, but it doesn't feel so bad to me the past couple of years.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’m not going to give up, but I’m completely baffled. Since we moved here in October, the cats have lost, one by one, three yarns balls and a mouse. For awhile, I was able to find two of the three balls and the mouse, but now they’ve all completely disappeared. This place is spacious but it’s not huge and it’s all on one level. I’ve looked everywhere, all of the usual places and the not usual places, on my hands and knees and flat on my stomach with a flashlight. Gone. :dunno: Lily and Iris carry things in their mouths so I need to check the shelves and inside all of our shoes. Urchins.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been colder at night here so Theo has been snuggling up to daddy and sleeps with me all night on the bed. When it is cool, he will snuggle against my legs. Otherwise, he shares my pillow with me. He starts the night right beside my bed laying on my socks but he is on my pillow when I wake. Now that the hot weather is coming he will stop sleeping on the bed but will come up in the morning to nudge daddy out of bed at 5:30AM.
darling boy💖

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Darling boy loves his mama💕

Status
Not open for further replies.