The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's one recipe for making cappuccino. I am including the link to the website
Thanks. I think I'll try it with the stick blender thingy. No more shaking stuff in mason jars for me. :lol:

I thought I preferred my washable sandals, but my feet are getting so sweaty and washing my sandals every single day isn't practical, is it?...So I was thinking what's the difference? And at least I can wear socks with sneakers and change them every day. So maybe I will switch back to sneakers.

SweetiePie1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sad about 2020 today. I feel its been a tough (to put it mildly) year for almost all of us. On the upside, I have spent more time with my cats in the last 3 months just hanging out and playing with them than i can ever remember. They have been such a comfort....really. My cats made a coordinated attack on me near dinner time yesterday. I saw it coming so I took off running. And as i bounded away i misjudged my path (cause i am old....sorta...lol) into the next room (honestly, it was only by an inch or two...i was sooo close to getting away) and hit my foot on the door frame. Needless to say i went down howling and nobody loved it more than cats......who were now sitting lovingly and kinda patiently next to me on the floor. I think they knew their paws were all over my downfall. :)

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, I've been MIA for a while. The last weeks of pregnancy were really rough. I was just miserable. Luckily, it's all over!
I had an OB appointment Wednesday. I was over 38 weeks, miserable, and beyond done. Scheduled an induction. I was supposed to check in earlier tonight to have a balloon inserted and then pitocin starting early tomorrow morning.

Well, baby girl had different ideas.

All day Thursday, I was having contractions. I just didn't realize they were actual labor contractions. Why? Well, I only felt them in my pelvis. I felt absolutely nothing in my stomach. I kept waiting to see if the contractions would move up, but they weren't. Meanwhile, the pains were getting more and more painful and very close together - less than 4 minutes apart. Finally, I could barely breathe through them. Still confused, because I wasn't feeling anything in my abdomen, we left for the hospital.

I get there, John drops me off and takes Aedan to MIL. I have another pain as I'm walking in and a nurse feels my abdomen. Turns out, the contractions were there all along, but I was only having pain in my pelvis which was bad enough to mask the tightening in my abdomen.

No longer confused, I ask for an epidural. It takes about an hour to get my blood work back. In the meantime, John got back with all our stuff and I worked on breaking his hand. Got the epidural, spent a few hours chilling, then it was time to push. Got her out with the first push, took me less than a minute. I'll be waiting for my Olympic gold medal. When I said I was done, I meant it!

Alianna Shayna Caroline was born May 29 at 12:47am, 38 weeks and 6 days gestation. She was 6lbs 4oz, 18 1/4in long. And absolutely perfect. It took a few minutes and a couple of tries, but she's a quick learner and nurses like a champ.
View attachment 336939

View attachment 336935

View attachment 336936
View attachment 336940
View attachment 336937
View attachment 336938
View attachment 336941

We're home now. I'm pretty sore, but feeling a lot better than when I was pregnant! Pediatrician said she's got a good layer of baby fat; she's not skinny like she would be if she came too early; she's just petite. She sleeps well and she's a great nurser. Aedan's a good big brother!
Congrats! She is so beautiful <3

The consensus seems to be that my grandmother in hospice has only a few days left.
How are you holding up? :heartshape:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The consensus seems to be that my grandmother in hospice has only a few days left.
Sorry to hear that. :hugs:

We were out of Q-tips in the bathroom cabinet, so I went to get a box in the storage closet. My mom tried to grab the box from me and was screaming that only she knows how to open the box "correctly." :rolleyes3: And people wonder why my nerves are shot.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ordered a mesh network so I can extend these cams further in the yard to watch for which cats show up and also for the wildlife. Although I don't have the faintest idea what I'm doing someone from Wyze labs will walk me through the set up. Trying to make heads and tails out of the junk I accumulated over the years, sitting in bags in front of me but interrupted continuing due to Treasure and his constant fights and injuries. Mom is finally venturing out so we can go vote today. She's a bit scared but realizes that at some point she has to leave the house. I'm just tired of leaving the house. I've been running to the stores more since this virus then before we had it (my errands and Moms). Also I now have a phone service from Spectrum as well as one from Metro PCS. I'm getting too many calls from completed offers on the Metro phone and want to import all the important calls over to the spectrum mobile phone. That will take a day and a half. haha

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, I've been MIA for a while. The last weeks of pregnancy were really rough. I was just miserable. Luckily, it's all over!
I had an OB appointment Wednesday. I was over 38 weeks, miserable, and beyond done. Scheduled an induction. I was supposed to check in earlier tonight to have a balloon inserted and then pitocin starting early tomorrow morning.

Well, baby girl had different ideas.

All day Thursday, I was having contractions. I just didn't realize they were actual labor contractions. Why? Well, I only felt them in my pelvis. I felt absolutely nothing in my stomach. I kept waiting to see if the contractions would move up, but they weren't. Meanwhile, the pains were getting more and more painful and very close together - less than 4 minutes apart. Finally, I could barely breathe through them. Still confused, because I wasn't feeling anything in my abdomen, we left for the hospital.

I get there, John drops me off and takes Aedan to MIL. I have another pain as I'm walking in and a nurse feels my abdomen. Turns out, the contractions were there all along, but I was only having pain in my pelvis which was bad enough to mask the tightening in my abdomen.

No longer confused, I ask for an epidural. It takes about an hour to get my blood work back. In the meantime, John got back with all our stuff and I worked on breaking his hand. Got the epidural, spent a few hours chilling, then it was time to push. Got her out with the first push, took me less than a minute. I'll be waiting for my Olympic gold medal. When I said I was done, I meant it!

Alianna Shayna Caroline was born May 29 at 12:47am, 38 weeks and 6 days gestation. She was 6lbs 4oz, 18 1/4in long. And absolutely perfect. It took a few minutes and a couple of tries, but she's a quick learner and nurses like a champ.
View attachment 336939

View attachment 336935

View attachment 336936
View attachment 336940
View attachment 336937
View attachment 336938
View attachment 336941

We're home now. I'm pretty sore, but feeling a lot better than when I was pregnant! Pediatrician said she's got a good layer of baby fat; she's not skinny like she would be if she came too early; she's just petite. She sleeps well and she's a great nurser. Aedan's a good big brother!
Ah! She's finally here, so precious. :hugs: My mind ran on you and I was going to ask how you ever doing but then I saw your post! Congratulation to you and John!

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It has been colder at night here so Theo has been snuggling up to daddy and sleeps with me all night on the bed. When it is cool, he will snuggle against my legs. Otherwise, he shares my pillow with me. He starts the night right beside my bed laying on my socks but he is on my pillow when I wake. Now that the hot weather is coming he will stop sleeping on the bed but will come up in the morning to nudge daddy out of bed at 5:30AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.