The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it's been confirmed that the worst of the provocateurs are from out of state. Friends on the ground in MInneapolis and St. Paul are seeing cars with no plates at all on the streets and St. Paul arrested at least 50 of them yesterday who were linked to white supremacist groups. They are tracing their contacts (not unlike we're tracing virus contacts here) hoping to find more. Thank god they have taken the step to identify what these guys really are.

Meanwhile, locals are out in the thousands trying to pick up the pieces and protect neighborhoods.
Right up the street now. One of the cats almost got hurt running off. 😥

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Perhaps this entire discussion should move to IMHO to be discussed in detail.

A reminder that this conversation does belong in our In My Opinion forum.
Please post there if you wish to continue conversations of this kind, and please flag any conversations that don't belong here.
Thanks.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I got my stimulus check. Yay! I was looking at jeans at Gap online, but they don't have regular number sizes anymore? Do you just go by your waist size? What a pain. I ordered from Old Navy instead. They had regular number sizes. I'm not sure of my size now that I lost weight, so I just got one pair of boot cut, mid rise.

I also got 3 T-shirts in size Large. I didn't know what to get, so I got v-neck, crew neck, and crew neck slim fit.
They also had scoop neck, but I didn't know what that would look like on me. So many choices!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Now they are rioting here in Reno! The whole downtown is full of people and there is a curfew at least until tomorrow morning. Freeway exits leading to downtown are closed. Thank goodness I am 5 miles from downtown and have no reason to come off my hill. Staying put. I feel sorry for the people who live downtown who have no way to GET home because the roads are blocked by police.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never made it this far with leaf propagating succulents before :banana1::woohoo::jive: So excited!!! I also received my last order of seeds: catnip, cilantro, strawberry, and asparagus. Also was given a free pack of chia seeds! I have an old chia pet and may grow them on there, but will wait until summer is over so I can have more things to grow indoors after the outdoor growing fun is over.

SAM_0197.JPG
SAM_0199.JPG
SAM_0202.JPG

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So I got my stimulus check. Yay! I was looking at jeans at Gap online, but they don't have regular number sizes anymore? Do you just go by your waist size?

There's a "What's Your Size" guide on the item page. I normally wear a size 4 which is now a Gap size 27. Gap jeans are ridiculously expensive now :eek3: I used to buy them for $20. Now they cost at least 4 times more :eek3:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie M Katie M , have you ever been checked for Ehlers Danlos Syndrome?
Oh, I don't have the skin issue.

I think I have mixed connective tissue disease. I certainly seem to have most of the symptoms. What really got my attention was the difficult, painful swallowing-something I've had since childhood.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, a puppy may nod his head but thinking that means anything is definitely far-fetched! Dogs don't work like that.
Well if puppy can nod his head yes, then he can also tell fibs. 🤥 Love the new Pinocchio emoji.

cilantro, strawberry, and asparagus. Also was given a free pack of chia seeds!
I love cilantro, asparagus, and chia seeds. 👍

I normally wear a size 4 which is now a Gap size 27. Gap jeans are ridiculously expensive now :eek3: I used to buy them for $20.
I noticed they are really expensive now! I ordered a size 12, but I think it might be too big, since my mom got me size Medium pants and they fit. I noticed the models in the photos are wearing their pants & jeans really short! Like how Michael Jackson used to wear his pants. Is this a new trend? :headscratch:

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, I don't have the skin issue.

I think I have mixed connective tissue disease. I certainly seem to have most of the symptoms. What really got my attention was the difficult, painful swallowing-something I've had since childhood.
Yes, please get checked out. Just an FYI, with ED, not every case has the stretchy skin. But for your swallowing issues you can get tests run to see how you function. I hope you can get it figured out!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww man. So my brother gives me this recipe on how to make a cappuccino without the milk frother machine. It involves shaking the milk & syrup in a mason jar and microwaving it. I guess I didn't get the shaking sequence exactly right. You can probably guess the ending. :eek2: When I took the lid off, it exploded all over the kitchen. :bawling:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww man. So my brother gives me this recipe on how to make a cappuccino without the milk frother machine. It involves shaking the milk & syrup in a mason jar and microwaving it. I guess I didn't get the shaking sequence exactly right. You can probably guess the ending. :eek2: When I took the lid off, it exploded all over the kitchen. :bawling:
Glad you didn’t get burned!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, I've been MIA for a while. The last weeks of pregnancy were really rough. I was just miserable. Luckily, it's all over!
I had an OB appointment Wednesday. I was over 38 weeks, miserable, and beyond done. Scheduled an induction. I was supposed to check in earlier tonight to have a balloon inserted and then pitocin starting early tomorrow morning.

Well, baby girl had different ideas.

All day Thursday, I was having contractions. I just didn't realize they were actual labor contractions. Why? Well, I only felt them in my pelvis. I felt absolutely nothing in my stomach. I kept waiting to see if the contractions would move up, but they weren't. Meanwhile, the pains were getting more and more painful and very close together - less than 4 minutes apart. Finally, I could barely breathe through them. Still confused, because I wasn't feeling anything in my abdomen, we left for the hospital.

I get there, John drops me off and takes Aedan to MIL. I have another pain as I'm walking in and a nurse feels my abdomen. Turns out, the contractions were there all along, but I was only having pain in my pelvis which was bad enough to mask the tightening in my abdomen.

No longer confused, I ask for an epidural. It takes about an hour to get my blood work back. In the meantime, John got back with all our stuff and I worked on breaking his hand. Got the epidural, spent a few hours chilling, then it was time to push. Got her out with the first push, took me less than a minute. I'll be waiting for my Olympic gold medal. When I said I was done, I meant it!

Alianna Shayna Caroline was born May 29 at 12:47am, 38 weeks and 6 days gestation. She was 6lbs 4oz, 18 1/4in long. And absolutely perfect. It took a few minutes and a couple of tries, but she's a quick learner and nurses like a champ.
1590988385818.png

1590988264588.png

1590988280514.png

1590988432082.png

1590988299396.png

1590988320758.png

1590988472023.png

We're home now. I'm pretty sore, but feeling a lot better than when I was pregnant! Pediatrician said she's got a good layer of baby fat; she's not skinny like she would be if she came too early; she's just petite. She sleeps well and she's a great nurser. Aedan's a good big brother!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, I've been MIA for a while. The last weeks of pregnancy were really rough. I was just miserable. Luckily, it's all over!
I had an OB appointment Wednesday. I was over 38 weeks, miserable, and beyond done. Scheduled an induction. I was supposed to check in earlier tonight to have a balloon inserted and then pitocin starting early tomorrow morning.

Well, baby girl had different ideas.

All day Thursday, I was having contractions. I just didn't realize they were actual labor contractions. Why? Well, I only felt them in my pelvis. I felt absolutely nothing in my stomach. I kept waiting to see if the contractions would move up, but they weren't. Meanwhile, the pains were getting more and more painful and very close together - less than 4 minutes apart. Finally, I could barely breathe through them. Still confused, because I wasn't feeling anything in my abdomen, we left for the hospital.

I get there, John drops me off and takes Aedan to MIL. I have another pain as I'm walking in and a nurse feels my abdomen. Turns out, the contractions were there all along, but I was only having pain in my pelvis which was bad enough to mask the tightening in my abdomen.

No longer confused, I ask for an epidural. It takes about an hour to get my blood work back. In the meantime, John got back with all our stuff and I worked on breaking his hand. Got the epidural, spent a few hours chilling, then it was time to push. Got her out with the first push, took me less than a minute. I'll be waiting for my Olympic gold medal. When I said I was done, I meant it!

Alianna Shayna Caroline was born May 29 at 12:47am, 38 weeks and 6 days gestation. She was 6lbs 4oz, 18 1/4in long. And absolutely perfect. It took a few minutes and a couple of tries, but she's a quick learner and nurses like a champ.
View attachment 336939

View attachment 336935

View attachment 336936
View attachment 336940
View attachment 336937
View attachment 336938
View attachment 336941

We're home now. I'm pretty sore, but feeling a lot better than when I was pregnant! Pediatrician said she's got a good layer of baby fat; she's not skinny like she would be if she came too early; she's just petite. She sleeps well and she's a great nurser. Aedan's a good big brother!

She's perfect!!!!
CONGRATS!!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you didn’t get burned!
You know, I was so concerned with the mess, I wasn't even thinking about that. But you're right, I could have gotten burned. :eek2:

Aedan's a good big brother!
I love that pic of the 2 of them. Congratulations, she's a doll and looks so healthy. Good job. ❤😍👍

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought at one time Starbucks had special jars for that? I had a cappucino machine but could never get that figured out. There has to be a way of doing it though since Cappucino actually started 300 years ago before there were machines and microwaves. Let me check the internet because as much as I love black coffee sometimes an ice cappucino sounds good for a dessert

Glad you didn't get burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.