The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Drive by shootings in Spanish Lake area of St Louis MO. Just rioters out there shooting. Of course we have shootings all the time here for no reason but the authorities are thinking this is related to the riots. There were peaceful demonstrations downtown though so I can't tie those two together. So although the protest and riots are about the same thing, I don't believe that the shootings were from people who were demonstrating downtown.

I'm not against peaceful demonstrations but when it comes to burning buildings and endangering lives that's where I think something should be done. After all, if it wasn't for Alice Paul peacefully demonstrating in front of the White House a hundred years ago we may still not have the right to vote. But I lived through terror during the Ferguson riots as I had to drive through a lot of that mess to do food demos and live only 2 miles away from most of those riots.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend just told me that a puppy nodding his head yes isn't so far fetched. Is that true? I never had a dog, so it sounded unbelievable that a dog could understand and nod yes.

Regardless, puppy didn't obey my neighbor and stay on his lap while he napped, so puppy fibbed! He was over at my house 2.5 seconds later.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend just told me that a puppy nodding his head yes isn't so far fetched. Is that true? I never had a dog, so it sounded unbelievable that a dog could understand and nod yes.

Regardless, puppy didn't obey my neighbor and stay on his lap while he napped, so puppy fibbed! He was over at my house 2.5 seconds later.
Puppy just can't get enough of you! :heartshape:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After noticing the wooden support beams on the enclosed porch has patches with holes, etc. I mentioned this to my mom several times and asked if she would go outside with me so I can show her. She kept saying no not right now, and the third time this happened I told her this was the last time I was going to mention it to her and she will need to let me know what she is ready to go out and look at it.

The next day she told me that the following day she would be available anytime and to let her know when we should go out. I said okay, but realized right after it felt icky to agree with that. Um... I stated my boundary that I wouldn't bring it up again and she needed to let me know when she was ready, but here she was stating a period of a whole day and asking me to bring it up again??? Nope, nope.

On the plus side, one of my friends was in town helping his dad with something and was able to stop by with a drill so I could poke drainage holes in a 5 gallon bucket that will be for my outdoors tomato plant! Also picked up my plant fertilizer that was ordered and shipped to the store this morning, yippee!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drive by shootings in Spanish Lake area of St Louis MO.
Hmm, I still can't find anything. I looked up a St Louis local news site and it said one protester got hit by a semi but nothing about shootings.
I think something should be done.
What should be done? Mass murder, dogs, hoses, pepper spray, more arrests with more cops killing people? It's all been done before.
My friend just told me that a puppy nodding his head yes isn't so far fetched. Is that true? I
Well, a puppy may nod his head but thinking that means anything is definitely far-fetched! Dogs don't work like that.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So we're just supposed to let innocent people who have nothing to do with this sort of situation get killed by bullets, or lose their property? The situation is with the police, not the owner of Target, not the drivers of Amazon or FedEx, not the owner of the local coffee shop but with the police. Why do other people have to suffer consequences for what these cops did? I do not, have not and will never condone the use of violence for protesting something. Two wrongs do not make a right.

St. Louis police bracing for a weekend of violence following violent Friday

This has been our local news since before I was born in 1955

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far no uninvolved bystanders have been killed.

Do you think property is more important than people?

Hey, look, if you have any ideas, I'm sure law enforcement would like to hear it. I'm pretty sure they're trying their hardest to suppress the protests.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I believe in the right to protest peacefully. But the coppers, what, they don't get it yet???? I was very impressed by TV station news posting photo of lying on road with knee on neck 😭 George Floyd right next to photo of Colin Kaepernick. 😭 Do ya coppers get it YET????!!!!!!:fuming:!!!!!!!!!!!!!🇺🇸🌺:silver:🌷🌻

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So far no uninvolved bystanders have been killed.

Do you think property is more important than people?

Hey, look, if you have any ideas, I'm sure law enforcement would like to hear it. I'm pretty sure they're trying their hardest to suppress the protests.
Buildings (especially now) are businesses that people go and make money so that they can eat and pay bills. If they have no place to work they don't get paid. If they have no pay they can't get food to survive. The two pretty much go hand in hand.

Right now I'm trying to figure out why I am the only person on this earth who has so many problems with technology. I know people may have problems with a device or two but every phone, computer, cam etc I have I have 2 hours of problems on a daily basis. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Another thing to think about as well: Strays and feral cats tend to hang around commercial buildings because people throw food away in the dumpsters. What if a cat was trapped inside one of those buildings with kittens when these people started the fires? They are living beings and most certainly had nothing to do with what happened. Should they suffer and die because of this? I wanted to mention this as this is a cat forum and I know that 2 years ago these cats almost died in one of the house fires up the street from me when it caught fire (that wasn't purposely set). This was before I started caring for them.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
From what I gather it is not the protesters that do the rioting and looting but out of state agitators. Some have been arrested and every one of them were from another state. There are some hate groups that take advantage of these kinds of disturbances for their own agendas and they are all racially motivated and have nothing to do with the motives of the protesters. Apparently it is also a federal crime to cross state borders or use interstate transportation for the purpose of rioting so maybe they will prosecuting these out-of-staters for that if they can't get them for anything else.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Another thing to think about as well: Strays and feral cats tend to hang around commercial buildings because people throw food away in the dumpsters. What if a cat was trapped inside one of those buildings with kittens when these people started the fires? They are living beings and most certainly had nothing to do with what happened. Should they suffer and die because of this? I wanted to mention this as this is a cat forum and I know that 2 years ago these cats almost died in one of the house fires up the street from me when it caught fire (that wasn't purposely set). This was before I started caring for them.
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf thank you so much for caring so much. ♥ :silver: 🌷 :sunshine:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
From what I gather it is not the protesters that do the rioting and looting but out of state agitators. Some have been arrested and every one of them were from another state. There are some hate groups that take advantage of these kinds of disturbances for their own agendas and they are all racially motivated and have nothing to do with the motives of the protesters. Apparently it is also a federal crime to cross state borders or use interstate transportation for the purpose of rioting so maybe they will prosecuting these out-of-staters for that if they can't get them for anything else.
segelkatt segelkatt I wish agitators with their own agendas would stay home or go to a rage room or a psychiatric office for help. But copper are still questionably mean as all get out. Police & Sheriff in my town anyway, will not hire anybody with a high IQ. I think this is true all over the USA.:sunshine::silver:🇺🇸🌷🌺🌻

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyway changing the subject: St Louis Native Bob Behnken is launching into space to Space Station X in less than 30 minutes. Eagerly watching since he's lived here all his life.

Honestly I don't think I"ve been this excited since I saw the first launch to the moon in the 60s.

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
segelkatt segelkatt I wish agitators with their own agendas would stay home or go to a rage room or a psychiatric office for help. But copper are still questionably mean as all get out. Police & Sheriff in my town anyway, will not hire anybody with a high IQ. I think this is true all over the USA.:sunshine::silver:🇺🇸🌷🌺🌻
I do not doubt that too many police officers should not be "public servants" as their whole mindset is not to "serve" but to wield what little power has been given to them to the max and too many times beyond that. The old saying "the police - your friend and helper" seems to have gone out the window a long time ago. But the point I was making is not that the protesters did not have a point or should not make as much noise as possible so that they would be heard, but that it was not them who rioted and looted and burnt stuff but these hate groups. There are many different ones and they mostly hate any non-whites and wish they would disappear one way or another. They are in all the states and range from race haters to anti-muslim, anti-LGBT, anti-catholic, neo-nazis, KKK-sympathizers, skinheads, Proud Boys, "Patriots", you name it. They gather at the southern border claiming we will be invaded by "hordes of criminals from the southern hemisphere" and they will push them back across the borders, they arm themselves with stuff from Cabela but you could bet your booty that if push came to shove and we were really invaded by a foreign army these would-be militias would run and hide in their hidey-holes with their pants wet. It is easy to intimidate peaceful citizens who are angry because of injustice when you are armed to the teeth. What encouragement they are getting from today's government I leave to your imagination as I do not want to get kicked off this site.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes it's been confirmed that the worst of the provocateurs are from out of state. Friends on the ground in MInneapolis and St. Paul are seeing cars with no plates at all on the streets and St. Paul arrested at least 50 of them yesterday who were linked to white supremacist groups. They are tracing their contacts (not unlike we're tracing virus contacts here) hoping to find more. Thank god they have taken the step to identify what these guys really are.

Meanwhile, locals are out in the thousands trying to pick up the pieces and protect neighborhoods.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This kinda reminds me of an old story, and PLEASE understand that I am NOT calling any group of people dogs, only saying there's just so much a body can take.

An old man with a dog on a leash was sitting on a bench. A young guy walked up and asked him, "Hey, mister, does your dog bite?" The old man replied, "Welp, not as a general rule, but he can be goaded into it!" Eventually, people fight back, and they've generally stood so much nonsense for so long that the response seems to others not in their situation as excessive. While I deplore the violence, I BY GOD understand the impulse that led to it.

Perhaps this entire discussion should move to IMHO to be discussed in detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.