The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did an escape room once! It was in a group of 6-8 people and we finished not long before time was up (we had an hour). It was a lot of puzzles and really fun. My husband and I got a voucher to do the half hour one, which was only for 2-4 people and never did before this all happened. Maybe someday.

I ran into the wall going down into the basement the other night and scratched up my finger and knocked a prong out of place on my engagement ring. So now we have to send it in to get it repaired and I don't want to wear the wedding band until the scab on my hand is healed, and it's really weird not to be wearing my rings.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Jeez. I've had a sore throat for a couple days too. My neck feels funny too. Mom is in bed sick. I hope we don't have this thing.
I've been feeling kinda blah the past couple days, too. Was a bit congested off and on starting a week ago, but the past couple of days I've had more head pressure/headaches. Not sure if those are typical symptoms, but who knows at this point. There is such a wide range it could be.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That flu, or whatever it was I had weeks ago, is pretty much gone. I say pretty much, because I've been coughing a lot since then. When I'm lying down, coughing makes my shoulder hurt. I don't know what's going on-my temperature is fine and I have no other symptoms.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a dream twice that I had it and I take that as my subconscious mind reminding me/telling me to be more careful when I go out. I think it's also because people are not being as careful as they should. When I go to stores, they always say to keep a distance from the employees but when I need to ask them something, they come closer to me and remove their mask so that I can hear them better which prompts me to step back. This has happened multiple times in a variety of different stores. Aren't they not supposed to do that?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That little pomeranian puppy came back. I played with him for over an hour. I touched him, then the dog warden touched him. Then I'm sure his owner touched him when he got home. The dog warden wasn't wearing any gloves or mask and he was standing pretty close to me.

I hated to call the dog warden again! But I couldn't figure a way to get him home. Dad wouldn't let me put him in the truck. And if we went to his owners' house without him, he would have ran under the tires. He chases all trucks.

If I would have tried to walk him home without a leash, he would have ran in the road. It's the neighbor to the left, but it's pretty far.

Maybe I should have put him in my cat carrier and carried him home. There is a patch of grass along the road I could have stopped to rest. I'm not sure how much a pomeranian weighs.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a dream twice that I had it and I take that as my subconscious mind reminding me/telling me to be more careful when I go out. I think it's also because people are not being as careful as they should. When I go to stores, they always say to keep a distance from the employees but when I need to ask them something, they come closer to me and remove their mask so that I can hear them better which prompts me to step back. This has happened multiple times in a variety of different stores. Aren't they not supposed to do that?

Yea, that kind of takes away the purpose of wearing the mask.... :running::gaah:I could have sworn when I went to buy my plant kits a week ago that one of the lawn and garden associates had a slit cut horizontally in their mask. :eek::oops::rolleyes: I've also seen more people wearing masks that are under their nose and not on top of their nose...

Makes me nervous about going out. My anxiety was really bad a few days ago while thinking about how you can't control what other people do, so there is no way to keep yourself safe going out... Not to make anyone's anxiety going up, but this is a huge struggle for me to process and makes me so angry. We should make towns for everyone being super cautious and willing to wear masks correctly so we safe people can go shopping and feel safer.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That little pomeranian puppy came back. I played with him for over an hour. I touched him, then the dog warden touched him. Then I'm sure his owner touched him when he got home. The dog warden wasn't wearing any gloves or mask and he was standing pretty close to me.

I hated to call the dog warden again! But I couldn't figure a way to get him home. Dad wouldn't let me put him in the truck. And if we went to his owners' house without him, he would have ran under the tires. He chases all trucks.

If I would have tried to walk him home without a leash, he would have ran in the road. It's the neighbor to the left, but it's pretty far.

Maybe I should have put him in my cat carrier and carried him home. There is a patch of grass along the road I could have stopped to rest. I'm not sure how much a pomeranian weighs.
I used to babysit for some people with a pom. I'm pretty sure it weighed less than Lelia and definitely less than Sparkle, lol!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to babysit for some people with a pom. I'm pretty sure it weighed less than Lelia and definitely less than Sparkle, lol!
I wish I would have tried putting him in the cat carrier. I hope his owner didn't get fined. But this is the 4th time that he has been here. 2 times his owner chased after him. The other 2 times are the times I called the dog warden because he was here over 2 hours both times and it was getting dark.

It's hard to entertain a dog for that long! The one thing he liked was running and chasing me. I'm not even sure I'm supposed to be running, but at least it kept him out of the road. He ate some animal poop in the yard. I told him not to, but he wouldn't listen. :headshake:

The owner should have left me his phone number! He's not very chatty. He just grabbed the dog, pointed to his house, and left.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The local library has a Harry Potter themed escape room every October :) I'm not quite sure how it's done. The blurb in the newsletter just says you enter a conference room and the door are closed behind you and you have an hour to solve the puzzles. There must be tables or something set up with the puzzles and you just go from one to the next. If the escape room is offered again this October, I want to give it a try and get some friends to help :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Really, if you aren't very sick, you should hope you DO have it, so you can develop some immunity and not worry as much.

Ugh, it all kind of feels like a slow-motion tornado. You can see it coming and you can't stop it, all you can do is hope it doesn't hit you too badly.
Actually if I do have it my very ill and elderly mother could die from it.And if I"m in hospital who would take care of her and the cats? Certainly not my selfish neighbors. Not to mention I'm considered high risk due to my age so again if I got and and "died" then what? The cats have already lost one human. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh of course you should try not to get it! But if you do get it and both of you have a mild case that doesn't send you to the hospital, that's pretty much the best-case scenario.
Ok well I did a telehealth and the doctor asked a bunch of questions. Seems I'm dehydrated (which is probably true) as I don't really drink enough water and I'm also sodium sensitive which I knew as well (doing those silly salt water flushes years ago). Wow I had no idea dehydration could cause all of that.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pomeranian puppy got out again! I have his owner's phone number now though. He stopped and gave it to us. I hope he finds him, because he's not here. He is a retired police officer. He has Parkinsons and sometimes he falls asleep when they are sitting outside together and the puppy takes off. This is the 5th time he escaped!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
A neighbor 2 doors up has a Pomeranian. He gets out, starts barking non stop at us, and the owner stand on front porch screaming "Get back here. shut up get back here" for 2 hours straight. She could have walked to the front yard, picked the dog up and gone back inside. This has been an ongoing thing for 5 years.

Treasure just looks at him with that "bored cat look and walks off. lol

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pomeranian puppy got out again! I have his owner's phone number now though. He stopped and gave it to us. I hope he finds him, because he's not here. He is a retired police officer. He has Parkinsons and sometimes he falls asleep when they are sitting outside together and the puppy takes off. This is the 5th time he escaped!
Poor puppy :heartshape: That's nice he gave you his phone number.

One of my teachers sometimes brought a 3rd dog to class when we were out in the field. It was a tiny chihuahua. It kept escaping from her family, but I guess everyone was at work everyday and the puppy was alone. She was also very skittish, but warmed up to having people around and even seemed to enjoy being held after a while. My teacher kind of hoped that he could keep the dog, and even offered, because it seemed like the little dog was unhappy and always coming to visit my teacher. I hope that's not the case with the Pomeranian puppy though and the puppy just has an adventurous streak.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He should really get a fence. Even a small area. A Pom running around in the woods is going to get eaten eventually :/.

I know someone who travels for a living (doing fencing work) and she has a teeny little toy Aussie she totes around with her :D. I admit I never saw the appeal. . .until I got my Chihuahua :paperbag: . Now I want to tote him all over the place too, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.