The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I've been working from home, the girls have been spending more time out in the screened in porch out back. It's right behind my desk so I can keep an eye on them. Lilith starts hollering for "out" as soon as I get up in the morning (5:30 am). I usually don't let them out when it's dark so I can see them better.

This morning, she started hollering and I told her that out is still closed. After me saying NO a few times, she ran over to DD's door and started hollering there. Three problems with that plan. 1) DD doesn't live here anymore. She moved back up to NC last weekend. 2) If DD had been here, there's NO way she would have been up that early and 3) Even if she had woken up, she still would not have let her out if I said no. :lol:

Lily stood there and yelled for a few minutes before going back into my room complaining all the way. I tried not to laugh but she is so silly. I finally let her out after the sun came up. All was right with her world then because the birds were starting their morning too so she got a show. She kindly forgave me. :lol::dancingblackcat:
Lilith, what a dollbaby!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, just woke up to a weird nose, a huffing. Then Isabelle became very upset by the window, and got up to discover a big fluffy, black cat on the other side of the screen!!! Never seen Isabelle so upset before! She probably would have full on attacked if she could!

Closed the window and the blinds, cause closing the window wasn't enough. Katerina freaked out and was in offense mode walking up to Isabelle with arched back, ears and tail tense. Tried to bring a toy in to distract, but ended up closing the door after Katerina left so Isabelle could calm down cause Katina ignored the toy. She didn't like Katrina by her after this, but luckily seemed just a little more irritated than usual when it comes to getting irritated with the kittens despite the way Katerina was acting. Not reacting nearly as intense as she was at the cat through the screen, but was worried it would escalate because they were both on edge.

So much excitement with the cats this week. No more for the sake of my anxiety please?? Thank you.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just opened the door and everyone was calm with each other. Isabelle even allowed the kittens to walk past her closely and even sniffed the kitties to make sure they were okay, so without hissing. She is always like that after her or the kitties have feelings. She is very empathetic. She like, you okay? Okay. Just making sure. But I'm probably still going to hiss at you later if you're to close to me.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had reported some months ago that my Panthera had been diagnosed with cysts and that one of them was cancerous. Although the vet at the time said he would not last very long, maybe a month, he has been doing well, showing no signs of illness, acting as usual, eating, playing, sleeping with me. It all changed 2 days ago. He sleeps almost all day in one of the cat beds instead of on my bed, he makes crying noises when I pick him up and this morning when he got off my bed he almost crashed, it sounded more like he fell. Then he walked as if he was drunk into the kitchen but only looked at his food. I gave him canned food and he dove right into it but ate very little, stumbled into the bathroom where the LitterRobot is and did his business. Came back out, still looking as if he was drunk and plopped on the floor which he never does, prefers sofas, chairs etc. I picked him up to sit in my lap which he usually loves but did not stay very long, preferred to sit next to me cuddled up. He has not been back to eat anything, has been sleeping in a few different places and now it is 5:30 pm. I think the cancer finally got to him. I will watch him for a few days and if there is no improvement or he goes downhill I will let him go. The vet had said I will notice that he is in pain if he starts to hide (he has not) or does not eat. I will not let him suffer.
How is everything going today?

My first cat had that feline leukemia and hurt his jaw that became infected. It was said watching his health decline and not being able to do anything about it. It's hard. We love our fur babies so much. My heart goes out to you.

Since I've been working from home, the girls have been spending more time out in the screened in porch out back. It's right behind my desk so I can keep an eye on them. Lilith starts hollering for "out" as soon as I get up in the morning (5:30 am). I usually don't let them out when it's dark so I can see them better.

This morning, she started hollering and I told her that out is still closed. After me saying NO a few times, she ran over to DD's door and started hollering there. Three problems with that plan. 1) DD doesn't live here anymore. She moved back up to NC last weekend. 2) If DD had been here, there's NO way she would have been up that early and 3) Even if she had woken up, she still would not have let her out if I said no. :lol:

Lily stood there and yelled for a few minutes before going back into my room complaining all the way. I tried not to laugh but she is so silly. I finally let her out after the sun came up. All was right with her world then because the birds were starting their morning too so she got a show. She kindly forgave me. :lol::dancingblackcat:
What a silly kitty <3 Love when they have such a personality.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are through day two of working from home. Puar has been a butthead for the first and last hours of my work day, other than that he's been really good. He just goes under the table and sleeps most of the day, which is great because I can get up and go to the bathroom or go grab lunch without him waking up and following me around. Not sure how to stop him being a butthead though. Today he systematically knocked each thing off of the desk downstairs. 🤦‍♀️ yesterday he tried to pull the vent cover out of the wall and got his claw stuck when I tried to pull him away, making me into the bad guy. 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️

in other news, I've been more anxious than usual these days (justifiably if you've read my coronavirus posts) and it sucks because honestly, we are relatively safe here. As safe as we were when the outbreak first happened anyway, but now I kind of look at everyone as if they are zombies. I watched two friends wear masks while walking around outside and then as soon as they sat down at a restaurant, they took their masks off and started talking to each other face to face. THAT'S WHEN YOU SHOULD BE WEARING THE MASK!!!!!!!!! 💢

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This quarantine must have made Finny shy, because every time someone comes over, he panics and runs for my room to hide behind my pillow or under the blankets. He used to be the outgoing one who loved greeting people and hanging out in the middle of the action. Not sure why he's now terrified of people other than the lack of them coming and going for so long. We always had people coming in before this whole pandemic thing happened because my mom works from home and her customers would come over.

Everything else about him is normal. Honestly kind of miss my social butterfly :sigh:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
How is everything going today?
He got off the bed after about two hours after I went to bed and crawled into a cat bed under the window and was still there this morning. Since it was too early to stay up I picked him up and took him to bed with me where he curled up in my arms. He can barely walk so it is time to call the vet for an appt so Panthera can go to the rainbow bridge. He has been a very good cat, no bad habits ever until lately after he had discovered the great outdoors had a safe backyard and he liked to sit under the tree and then take a nap. He was forever trying to open the screen door and once even manged to slide it open, I had to remember to lock it, but he never clawed the screen itself, just the frame. He never counter surfed or made a mess on the floor, would not eat people food left where he could get to it and he was so affectionate and loved every stranger who came in the house. He survived two moves within the same community and the big move from Southern California to Reno, NV. He was a good traveller who never complained about going to see the vet, even loved the vet no matter what was done to him, even a big surgery to repair an anal hernia. I will miss him a lot and I will be sad for many days.
02142020 020.JPG

This picture was taken in February of this year. He is my avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
The summer 2020 semester is 2.5 months long... one of my teachers expects us to purchase an almost $200 textbook online and have it shipped to our house. I emailed him and told him about my financial situation and he basically said, "Sorry, can't help you there." With absolutely no further instruction or advice. The email was literally one sentence long. :frustrated:

I didn't plan on spending any money this summer because my mom is not well and had to take time off work. One top of that, she isn't earning as much because a lot of her clients have canceled due to COVID-19. She makes the most money in our family and pays the rent. Besides that, it seems quite ridiculous in my opinion to purchase such an expensive textbook for such a short course.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Funny cat!! :lol: I could see one of my moms cats trying that for treats when he was younger.

We have 3 days of school left. Right now I have to wash the pan I need in order to make dinner. And I don’t want to. So I'm hiding in my room googling porkchop and ground chicken recipes. Because that’s what the store had for fresh meat Sunday evening. I haven’t made pork chops in years! Ground chicken sloppy joes sounds ok. I have a jar of carbonara sauce to try too. And some creamy lemon one. Can I just put DD in charge of cooking? 🤪

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The summer 2020 semester is 2.5 months long... one of my teachers expects us to purchase an almost $200 textbook online and have it shipped to our house. I emailed him and told him about my financial situation and he basically said, "Sorry, can't help you there." With absolutely no further instruction or advice. The email was literally one sentence long. :frustrated:

I didn't plan on spending any money this summer because my mom is not well and had to take time off work. One top of that, she isn't earning as much because a lot of her clients have canceled due to COVID-19. She makes the most money in our family and pays the rent. Besides that, it seems quite ridiculous in my opinion to purchase such an expensive textbook for such a short course.
Go on Amazon and see if they have it available to rent. I understand all too well. I took care of all of DD's books and we rented a LOT of them from Amazon. Their prices were always better than the school bookstore and they had free shipping and returns.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also see if it's in ebook format? I did that with several of my grad school texts and they were cheaper that way.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The eBook is $150+.
I could buy a used one but the condition might not be great.
I got quite a few used books for DD when she was in school. I didn't get a single one that was in terrible shape. Some looked new, most looked read but not abused and some had writing in them but mostly highlighting and none bad. Look on Ebay too. They will have pics and tell you what the condition is.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've ordered stuff for my school off thriftbooks, too. Mostly children's books for classrooms, so I don't know how good their textbook selection is, but it's another used option.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a lot on my mind lately. To be honest I'm having a hard time being stuck in Texas. I'm making a good living and have a great job but the state itself isn't for me. In Dallas there is no nature just right in the middle of the flatlands. The food is really mediocre compared to the coasts and the people are very into following the lifescript. I was planning on unhappily settling down here until I retired sorta early but this pandemic has me wondering if I should really settle for quite a bit less than I want. It's also been hard being far from my family in Los Angeles. My friends are there too. But good news is if something is wrong I eventually end up doing something about it. So it's not all bad. I think I want to start looking for a remote job in about a year from now. With a remote job I can go live wherever. I'm pretty keen on going to Vegas for a bit. Supposed to get promoted next year so I want to wait and collect on what I've been working hard for and deserve. So yeah I've been sad lately but there is an upside. I can start planning and working towards what I want! Pretty exciting actually.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Along with other recommendations, just want to input that I've tried renting and buying used from Amazon. Been very happy. Amazon normally has a great return policy, so if you are unsure about buying used, check the return policy and if you can send it back if it is not what you wanted. I've been really lucky that most books didn't have any highlighting or writing in it. They also list what condition it is in.

I've had a lot on my mind lately. To be honest I'm having a hard time being stuck in Texas. I'm making a good living and have a great job but the state itself isn't for me. In Dallas there is no nature just right in the middle of the flatlands. The food is really mediocre compared to the coasts and the people are very into following the lifescript. I was planning on unhappily settling down here until I retired sorta early but this pandemic has me wondering if I should really settle for quite a bit less than I want. It's also been hard being far from my family in Los Angeles. My friends are there too. But good news is if something is wrong I eventually end up doing something about it. So it's not all bad. I think I want to start looking for a remote job in about a year from now. With a remote job I can go live wherever. I'm pretty keen on going to Vegas for a bit. Supposed to get promoted next year so I want to wait and collect on what I've been working hard for and deserve. So yeah I've been sad lately but there is an upside. I can start planning and working towards what I want! Pretty exciting actually.
:hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.