The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh heck. It does sound like I have a DVT blood clot in my leg. Pain in only one leg, mostly behind the knee. Caused from laying in bed too long after an injury. Is there any chance I could lose my leg because I waited so long? Gonna try a compression stocking on it tonight.
Go to the doctor! When my brother had his, his leg was so painful he could barely walk on it, and my mom had taken him to the emergency room. He had to be on blood thinners for a while, I don't remember how long, but he still has his leg.

But if you do have one, the last thing you want is for it to break off and travel to your lungs/become a PE. It's infinitely more treatable in the leg.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi we used to get along but ever since last December, it's like she's decided she no longer liked me for no reason. I started taking my breaks in the nurses' break room just to avoid her. She gives me the same anxiety as my boss used to give me. Once there were no patients, and I got all my work done so I sat up front with my best friend (who is the only good thing about this place. Work is the only place we can hang out right now) to just relax a bit (mind you I would go back and refresh bathrooms and trashcans when needed), and she saw me and told me that "there's always something to do and wipe", meanwhile, she will literally stand around and chat when rooms need cleaning and there's plenty to do, including cleaning up vomit she just let sit in the waiting room for an hour. But God forbid I sit when there's nothing to do.

God I hate her. She makes this place a miserable place to work.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's the holy month for Muslims, Ramadan. Fasting daytime, friendship, fun and prayers nighttime. Every night there is a special prayer time with extra prayers and a short sermon (typically involving love of state and country as well as good tidings for neighbors etc.). This is a mosque activity social as well as religious.
Since the lock down, places of worship are closed. The imams broadcast these nighttime sermons just like distant learning. Now I wish they did it online. I don't have religion and I don't like the government. Though the neighborhood imam is quite nice and sings beautifully, I hate this time of night when I want to relax in my balcony..

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
segelkatt segelkatt wish I could help, but obviously I'm relatively new to computer, do not know Microsoft at all. 🌺 🌻:silver:
The problem has been solved. I was not given the complete email address so it is not a wonder that my email was rejected. So I sent it again yesterday afternoon and it has not yet been returned so I guess my doc now has it now.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbors were having a barbecue and the police showed up... 😏 It has suddenly went quiet over there (they were playing music loudly too).
Oh boy, such excitement. Glad it is quieter now. My neighbors like to play music while they hang outside on a normal basis. Not too loud, but loud enough it bothers me and can hear quite well what song.

It's absolutely gorgeous weather here :)
What's your weather like today?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But my other concern was also the lack of social distancing. It looked like they had friends over.
I get that. :( My neighbor that plays the music had a father and son over playing basketball with him a couple weeks ago. Only my neighbor was wearing a mask and neither the father or son was, all handling the same basketball. The father had mentioned, why don't we go to the basket ball courts at the park? My neighbor told him they can't because they were closed. That was a sign to me the visiting father and son were not taking things seriously.

The frisbee golf courses are open again this week in the park behind my house. There are groups of 4-8 teenager to young adult (usually, sometimes older, too) that do not look like a family, but rather friends, who have been golfing together.

Someone I know back by school posted they celebrated someone's b-day by hanging out together... the pictures showed them close, touching, and at least 11 people total... Ugh. There haven't been any cases in that county until this past week... someone working on construction that traveled into the area for a project tested positive. Who knows who they saw or came in contact with or if they visited a store. What if one of the people at the party unknowingly was exposed and would have spread it?

It's definitely not time I would be comfortable doing that, and I wished others would be more cautious. I'm right there with you.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My neighbors were having a barbecue and the police showed up... 😏 It has suddenly went quiet over there (they were playing music loudly too).
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily I have the neighbors from hell behind me. All my other neighbors dislike them a great deal. I no longer call the police on them because coppers say they have more important matters to attend to. Only one time did the police help me with this problem. Now I ask my spouse to deal with it, because police hate nuisance calls even if it is violating decibels. Last time I gently requested to 20 something years old to "please turn music down" he replied FU he so in the gutter. Then his mommy(hahaha) say she gonna call police on me. Police come to my door and I explain what transpired. They had turned music down by this time of course. Policeman then say next time do not speak to them again, call me. I say every time I call y'all too busy to help us. He say "you have never asked ME before". Well good riddance, ignorant 3 generation of inconsiderate family does not think things will change. Does not know all things transient. I will never call police again I think, it is waste of my time. Now my husband has loud lawn mower ready with gasoline in it , next to their fence and cannot hardly wait :flail:for them to make the loud party noise. :flail::flail::flail:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily I have the neighbors from hell behind me. All my other neighbors dislike them a great deal. I no longer call the police on them because coppers say they have more important matters to attend to. Only one time did the police help me with this problem. Now I ask my spouse to deal with it, because police hate nuisance calls even if it is violating decibels. Last time I gently requested to 20 something years old to "please turn music down" he replied FU he so in the gutter. Then his mommy(hahaha) say she gonna call police on me. Police come to my door and I explain what transpired. They had turned music down by this time of course. Policeman then say next time do not speak to them again, call me. I say every time I call y'all too busy to help us. He say "you have never asked ME before". Well good riddance, ignorant 3 generation of inconsiderate family does not think things will change. Does not know all things transient. I will never call police again I think, it is waste of my time. Now my husband has loud lawn mower ready with gasoline in it , next to their fence and cannot hardly wait :flail:for them to make the loud party noise. :flail::flail::flail:
That is awful! I cannot imagine having neighbors that difficult to deal with. People really need to be more considerate. Where do they even find speakers that loud? I've heard music coming from my neighbors house that would amplify sound all the way across town.

I'm surprised the police got annoyed with you calling. Did they not charge the people with a fine for their loud music?

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is awful! I cannot imagine having neighbors that difficult to deal with. People really need to be more considerate. Where do they even find speakers that loud? I've heard music coming from my neighbors house that would amplify sound all the way across town.

I'm surprised the police got annoyed with you calling. Did they not charge the people with a fine for their loud music?

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily it is so odd, the neighbors from hell called the police on me who said nothing in response to FU but instead walked away. It has become glaringly obvious to me and other neighbors that they are so ignorant and inconsiderate and I know they must have heard of earbuds, oh, drat it is so annoying, frustrating, and horrible.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What is on my mind is the city near me is trying to open anger management businesses and I think it is a great idea. One of the places is an ax throwing place that has fixed physical distancing. The other is a rage room that also has physical distancing in place and I hope both of those facilities get the go ahead from neighboring city. They also have sanitizers on hand and are requiring masks.:):silver: It is a healthy way to get rid of :fuming:. Psychologically unhealthy to get rid of it on someone else, and poor person who must endure anger issues.:redheartpump::kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.