The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering why the cops don't come and tell this idiot neighbor of mine that 5:30 am is not a good time to be outside mowing grass. We have 2 cops living on my street, it would be easy for them to patch in to on duty officers. Her choice I suppose that the thing is smoking and catching fire but I suppose peace disburbment laws are no longer in effect? I would think if you can't play music outside between 10PM and 8AM that would apply to cutting your grass.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering why the cops don't come and tell this idiot neighbor of mine that 5:30 am is not a good time to be outside mowing grass. We have 2 cops living on my street, it would be easy for them to patch in to on duty officers. Her choice I suppose that the thing is smoking and catching fire but I suppose peace disburbment laws are no longer in effect? I would think if you can't play music outside between 10PM and 8AM that would apply to cutting your grass.
Wow, what an early time! That's frustrating. Have you tried calling it in? Sometimes people are heavy sleepers or use noise machines or fans that may cut noise out, so who know if the cops hear it or are bothered by it. It sounds like it bothers you though and it's alright to share your needs that it is to early for you. Take care.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can call City Hall and ask what the noise ordinances are, and what to do if your neighbor is violating them. I know that a lot of places have "noisy time" starting at 6 am, not 8 am, but even so he'd still be violating it.

I mean, I totally sympathize with needing to mow your lawn before or after work, but 5:30 is really too early.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, what an early time! That's frustrating. Have you tried calling it in? Sometimes people are heavy sleepers or use noise machines or fans that may cut noise out, so who know if the cops hear it or are bothered by it. It sounds like it bothers you though and it's alright to share your needs that it is to early for you. Take care.
Since there is a cop that lives on my street and he was outside at the time I didn't think I would have had to call it in. That's why I said maybe there are no longer any laws against peace disturbance. :/

Cops here don't do much of anything anyway. Otherwise, Shaman and the other cats would not be in the horrible situation that they are now.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind is I'm so grateful this pain went away. I was so scared that I might have ruined my surgery. I was dancing around the room to some loud music & I was doing these jumping dance moves. Pretty stupid, I know! I must have jammed my bladder or something, because I was in pain and I felt like I constantly had to go to the bathroom. It lasted several hours, but now it's gone.

I feel so bad for old people that have that urge to constantly go to the bathroom, that's torture!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind is I'm so grateful this pain went away. I was so scared that I might have ruined my surgery. I was dancing around the room to some loud music & I was doing these jumping dance moves. Pretty stupid, I know! I must have jammed my bladder or something, because I was in pain and I felt like I constantly had to go to the bathroom. It lasted several hours, but now it's gone.

I feel so bad for old people that have that urge to constantly go to the bathroom, that's torture!
Are you going to get that checked out? Before I knew I had a partially collapsed bladder, I had a lot of lower abdominal pain and I couldn't hold my pee. The doctor took an ultrasound and confirmed that it was partially collapsed. Some days are worse than others but for the most part, I hardly notice it. Just something to keep in mind.

- - - - - - - -

I got to pick all the courses I wanted!! :yess: I made a plan so that when registration opened, I could just transfer over the courses and I did and they were all added without issue.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh... I get this feeling that I have to pee all the time, but it is not because my bladder is full. Wonder if it's the same feeling your talking about

I got to pick all the courses I wanted!! ! :yess: I made a plan so that when registration opened, I could just transfer over the courses and I did and they were all added without issue.
Heck yes! So happy for you, that's great!!! :celebrate:

I've always enjoyed signing up asap, too.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a beautiful day so we took the kids out to play in the yard. I'm REALLY glad John caught the baby.
View attachment 331871
View attachment 331872
That's a great picture of John and Aedan!

I have a somewhat overactive bladder, and I fear for when it inevitably gets worse when I'm old. I do think it's partially psychological. Like I'll have just gone and lay down to sleep but not able to fall asleep until I go again at least once, and I wake up multiple times at night. It's not torture yet, but it's not awesome either.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know. My work hours are 6 am-230 pm and there have been many times when the lawn service has been there with the mowers, weed eaters, etc going when we get there. Our building is at the end of a residential street. You'd also wonder why they'd want to do that in the dark. I get that this is Florida and maybe they are trying to beat the heat but come on.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For my last test psychology test, the teacher always has a short answer question asking what the students favorite topic was and why. After just completing the Jurassic Park book, I wrote a single-space two page rant about personalities and narcissism with how it relates to several characters in the book... :runaround: :flail: The last section of the Theories of Personality class was about personality disorders, so I broke done criteria that related to the main character who developed and built the parks and how he fit the criteria for narcissistic personality disorder.

I also went on about the other unhealthy dynamics between the lead character's grandchildren. Their step father seemed to have characteristics of a cluster B personality, too, and scapegoated the son, with the daughter as a golden child. The young girl in turn continued the bullying behavior and constantly put down her brother and had no empathy towards him.

It was an exhausting book to read and made me want to scream, especially at the main character and his selfishness and disregard for the safety of his workers and visitors because he was so heck bent on reaching his goal and gaining world wide admiration and billions of revenue each year. He tried to gaslight them through the WHOLE BOOK. "Oh, everything is fine... You're safe... That was just an unfortunate accident, this park is very safe...There's no problems..." The characters and story line were significantly different compared the the movie, which was a treat. I loved the movies and it was like reading a whole new story to enjoy! Great book, but yes, made me want to throw the book against the wall many times.

Finished the last test and final cumulative test for psychology and the last attendance quiz. CLASS COMPLETE

Submitted final paper for personal finance and presented my powerpoint this morning over with personal budget with future career job, savings and retirement info, and top ten finance tips. Also turned in a retirement plan assignment I forgot about that was due last Monday. CLASS COMPLETE

Have final reflection paper for yoga that needs to be written and submitted. Forgot about last journal entry was due yesterday and hopefully will submit today. Teacher sent out an e-mail that there is No More Final Exam because she didn't want to put more stress on us.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I seem to have finally found a probiotic that the boys will eat without drama. I've tried flavorless, Ive tried flavored, I've tried powder and I've tried chews. They sometimes would eat a chew but most of the time they would spit it back out. And with their finickiness they don't always finish their food or want it so the flavorless powder was as reliable as the chews, and the flavored would make them turn away immediately. Not to mention there's so few without unnecessary ingredients to begin with.

Then on a whim I bought Jackson Galaxy's chicken liver flavored probiotic because why not and they've been eating it no problem. They actually seem to like the flavor. Go figure. They are now getting their probiotics every day instead of every so often. My only complaint is the lack of a scoop so I have to basically eyeball the measurements. Oh well, a little is better than none at all, especially since Teddy is constantly on antibiotics the poor boy needs whatever he can get.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to have finally found a probiotic that the boys will eat without drama. I've tried flavorless, Ive tried flavored, I've tried powder and I've tried chews. They sometimes would eat a chew but most of the time they would spit it back out. And with their finickiness they don't always finish their food or want it so the flavorless powder was as reliable as the chews, and the flavored would make them turn away immediately. Not to mention there's so few without unnecessary ingredients to begin with.

Then on a whim I bought Jackson Galaxy's chicken liver flavored probiotic because why not and they've been eating it no problem. They actually seem to like the flavor. Go figure. They are now getting their probiotics every day instead of every so often. My only complaint is the lack of a scoop so I have to basically eyeball the measurements. Oh well, a little is better than none at all, especially since Teddy is constantly on antibiotics the poor boy needs whatever he can get.
That avatar picture, I love it

Glad you found something that works. Kitties are picky sometimes.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had that "constantly feel the urge to pee" thing once. It was a UTI. It was the most annoying and miserable thing in the world. I would definitely go get it checked.

And if someone started mowing around here at 5:30am, heads would roll because if my toddler gets woken up, I'm not gonna be a pleasant person.

I must be doing something right! Aedan listens about as well as any toddler, which isn't well at all. That selective hearing is a real thing. But when he was playing outside, his ball rolled out into the parking lot and under a car. He ran for it and I screamed "STOP!" and tried to run, which I apparently can't do at this point. But he stopped. So he listened when it counted. And I half crawled under a car to get the ball and then had to use said car to get back up. Hope the neighbor doesn't mind.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the Award ceremony, I've been asked to submit a head shot or photo of me. My nice camera is back at my rental, so deciding between these three and cannot decide. What picture should I choose?

Also, if anyone wants some fun, how old am I??? A virtual high five will be awarded to the closest guesser!!! Promise this will be a fun game! If anybody wants me to guess there age, let me know. I will! :clapcat:

Attachments

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the Award ceremony, I've been asked to submit a head shot or photo of me. My nice camera is back at my rental, so deciding between these three and cannot decide. What picture should I choose?

Also, if anyone wants some fun, how old am I??? A virtual high five will be awarded to the closest guesser!!! Promise this will be a fun game! If anybody wants me to guess there age, let me know. I will! :clapcat:
I am old fashioned in that I think a head shot should not be a selfie, so I vote for the third in that case.

I believe you're a bit older than a 'typical' college student, but look fairly young. I'm going to guess 26. I think people know how old I am, so it's no fun to guess for me.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You sorta told me before so I won't guess but you have very nice skin!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am old fashioned in that I think a head shot should not be a selfie, so I vote for the third in that case.
Haha, yea, thought that, too, but these look a lot better than any straight-on face photos I have. The third one pretty much won on facebook, too. I loved how all my biologist friends choose that one because that's a pic from doing small mammal trapping in my small mammal trapping class last year <3 There's a live mouse in the ziploc bag!

You sorta told me before so I won't guess but you have very nice skin!
Aw, thank you! <3

Wowza, you're beautiful, I would go with this one. 24?
:loveeyes: Aw, *blush*, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.