The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I got mine, and everyone I've talked to got theirs too, except my parents, because they haven't gotten a tax refund in years (they deliberately don't have taxes taken out of one of their retirement checks so they'll have to pay, instead of "letting the government keep their money interest-free") so their direct deposit info isn't in the system.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The IRS launched a web site for people to track their payment status and to enter bank information to get the payment directly deposited: Get My Payment | Internal Revenue Service

However.... it doesn't work for many people. After entering the required info, you just get a "Payment Status Not Available" message :bat:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
However.... it doesn't work for many people. After entering the required info, you just get a "Payment Status Not Available" message :bat:
Just checked and that's what I get. I'm a special case though as I'm technically a non-filer since I don't make money in the states. I did fill out the website they sent non-filers to though, so we'll see.

If I get it, it will go straight to my auto-paying account because I haven't sent money home lately as the exchange rate is so bad. One of my student loans didn't pause payments automatically, so I still need money going out!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I filed taxes in 2018 and 2019 so I know I'm eligible for a stimulus check. I'll check the web site again next week. Maybe the glitch will be worked out. If not, I'll just get a paper check maybe sometime over the summer... if the USPS hasn't shut down by then because of lack of money and / or government help :runaround:

USPS seems slow these days anyways. I'm still waiting for something the bank sent me in late March. I'm supposed to receive it by today at the latest according to the letter they sent me. If I don't, I'll have to call the bank.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if the USPS hasn't shut down by then because of lack of money and / or government help
They're threatening that right now. Mail volume is WAY down (letters and flats anyway; parcels are crazy. Everybody is bored and shopping online). And some say Trump is trying to sabotage USPS, not because he wants a privatized PO like lot of Republicans (which, let me remind you, would be the end of rural America), but because he thinks more Democrats vote by mail so he doesn't want there to be a functioning mail system in November :/.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished up my second last assignment of the semester.

I have an exam on Friday and then I'm free!! Well, not really because I have to take classes in the summer but... I'm okay with that I guess. Not like I can go anywhere anyway.
Almost there! You've got this! :banana2:

What classes are you taking in the summer?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Grateful that I got my cloth face masks today. Have some metaphysical studies to do today. Not to start and argument or be controversial but just stating what's on my mind.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost there! You've got this! :banana2:

What classes are you taking in the summer?
I have no idea yet. Degree electives are always stuff like "The History of Marijuana" or "The Theory of Chocolate". So, anything within that realm is a possibility.

I'll find out when registration opens up on the 27th of this month.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea yet. Degree electives are always stuff like "The History of Marijuana" or "The Theory of Chocolate". So, anything within that realm is a possibility.

I'll find out when registration opens up on the 27th of this month.
Wha, those are some interesting classes. Would the theory of chocolate be required to eat chocolate??? :rolleyes: :bunnydance: If so, sign me up! I'd love to hear what classes you end up taking when you decide!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I haven't really been around much. Nothing has been happening. Baby girl is growing like a weed, Aedan is growing like a weed, etc. She's a strong little thing. She's in there stretching and it feels like she's gonna rip a hole in my abdomen and just waltz on out. I'm actually sitting here in tears cuz it really hurts. Only 7 and a half weeks to go . . .
Other than that, life is boring. I haven't left the house for anything other than OB appointments in over a month. John's store cut hours massively because of the virus - he's going to have to apply for partial unemployment. We've had 4 cases in town and all were successfully isolated. So it's pretty safe here but we're still taking precautions and John's doing our grocery shopping and running necessary errands while I stay home with Aedan.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I haven't really been around much. Nothing has been happening. Baby girl is growing like a weed, Aedan is growing like a weed, etc. She's a strong little thing. She's in there stretching and it feels like she's gonna rip a hole in my abdomen and just waltz on out. I'm actually sitting here in tears cuz it really hurts. Only 7 and a half weeks to go . . .
Other than that, life is boring. I haven't left the house for anything other than OB appointments in over a month. John's store cut hours massively because of the virus - he's going to have to apply for partial unemployment. We've had 4 cases in town and all were successfully isolated. So it's pretty safe here but we're still taking precautions and John's doing our grocery shopping and running necessary errands while I stay home with Aedan.
Ouh, boy! I cannot wait to see her precious little face!! 🥰

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy is no longer limping and is running around like the goofball he is. His left paw is still bigger than his right, but we're getting there. I also got all their food except for their last bag of dry food (I ordered four and got three today), so we're finally stocked up on food. Just need some more raw.

Apparently there is going to be a meeting next week deciding whether or not the hospital I work at will be temporarily closed down. Not sure why it would need to be, but as selfish as it sounds, part of me hopes it does so I can get a break and get things done in my life that I never have time for. My company sent out an email a while back stating that in the case of the building we work in closing we'd still get paid our usual wage, so money wouldn't be an issue unless they take stop giving us hazard pay.

For my best friend's sake, though, the other part of me hopes the building doesn't close as she'd probably just get moved to the other hospital she also works at. She hates it there and it also gets more COVID patients.

Best case scenario is she gets furloughed, goes on unemployment and takes those online classes she wants to. I'd miss her like crazy since right now work is the only place we can hang out due to social distancing, but it'd be good for both of us to get a break from the frontlines.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Murphy looks adorable in that little hat! Sorry you're hurting. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.