The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a scam!
The internet and email is full of them, don't fall for it. If the English is that bad they are probably in Nigeria or some other place that is known for scam artists. An offer for work on the phone by email? Lots of money but you need to spend $10,000 first? Guarantees? Corona-virus not even spelled correctly? Did you google the company? I hope you did not reply to them or open any links. This not a genuine offer of anything but to get some money from you. They target older people, I am 77 and I am the #1 skeptic of anything, I don't believe anything unless I can verify it for myself through an unconnected source. So far this has served me well.
We deal with a couple of companies in Asia and if you send one email you get a flurry of these type of emails from opposition companies or companies that just dont exist landing on you emails.
Hazards of dealing overseas
I think they are all hacking each other just to get your business or like you said scams.
Its like a flock of seagulls following you down the beach when you eating fries.
But this last one was just amateursville..

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well, suddenly I have my first drum lesson tonight. I'm so glad my friend went with me last night. The guy that owns the school is one of those overly-hyped people who just want to share everything and the INTJ in me was shutting down fast because that's too much to process upon first meeting (dude even had a puppy in the school and he just picked the puppy up and handed it to me...talk about oversharing!) but he was nice and genuine and all that, so I signed up. He's not the teacher, so maybe the teacher will be a bit more chill. I'd actually prefer a no-nonsense blase teacher because people tend to go a bit overboard when dealing with a foreigner in their space. I know I'm not going to get treated like a local even if I feel like one, but it's still something that can get on my nerves, haha. I just wanna learn how to play.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If we have an outbreak of COVID-19 in our apartment complex, it will be because a group of young mothers are allowing a pack of 12-15 kids to play together daily, wrestling, falling all over each other...ALL DAY LONG! Do they not get that if ONE parent becomes infected, EVERY ONE OF THEIR FAMILIES IS IN DANGER? Thankfully, I "socially isolate" by nature, and am in minimal danger from it regardless, but at least 6 families could be affected by this. I know the kids are bored. I do, but some things are far worse than boredom.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if this stupid micro SD card teleported to another dimension. How can a card disappear in a 10 x 20 room when I swept every corner and looked in the dustpan. Ugh I need that card :(

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Why does it work that way I wonder? Does looking for my mind count? lol

"Of all the things that I lost I miss my mind the most." Ozzy Osbourne
My dad taught me a prayer when I was a little girl: "Tony Tony look around, something's lost and must be found". Works everytime. Of course St. Anthony is the finder of lost things. One time I was deep into Mexico and it was about 3am and I could not find my "hotel"(which was a tiny thing not marked behind a persons home) and I was sitting by the side of the road pondering OK what the H*#l to do now? I said the prayer and looked around the next tree and there it was. Can't hurt. Good Luck.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, Teddy is off to the vet today because he's limping. His left paw is swollen and he refuses to put pressure on it now. The odor has improved, so I'm hoping that means the spray has been helping with the (possible) infection at least, but he keeps chewing it and my best guess is that he hurt it pretty good doing so :sigh:

I feel like a bad mom for letting it get to this point and waiting this long and longer to get him the biopsy. I'm hoping with this raise I can get him it by the end of his month/beginning of next. Getting constantly pumped with antibiotics and steroids can't be good for anybody and he's behind on all his shots. I wonder if the vet thinks I'm a bad mom, too.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Still can't find the SD card and lost a precious gem as well. Thanks for the advice of praying to St Anthony but I'm not a believer of praying to "saints".

I guess I'll have the cleanest basement there is though

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like your mom has narcissistic tendencies and is playing you against your brother. They always have a “golden” child and a scapegoat. Often it’s the scapegoat is the one who sees through the narcissist. Even when very young the scapegoat knows something isn’t right. Your story could have been written by me. If you can it would serve you better to stop completely or limit your contact with your mom. They don’t stop their games or take responsibility for their emotional cruelty. I always wanted my mother’s approval and it never happened and yet my brother could do no wrong. And it still hurts sometimes, but I know it’s made me a stronger person. Always remember, you deserve to be treated with respect. You don’t have to please anyone. You matter ❤

Hit the nail on the head. My mom is extremely codependent, but she has many narcissistic tendencies. I always thought my other older brother was the golden child growing up, but since it is only me and this older brother, it seems he is being given the role. Although, my mom always sides with abusive/manipulative people over me when there is a conflict, even when it is not another family member. I'm feeling better today despite having more family conflicts since this last post, and this is fueling me to get my poop together and work hard to move out again once school is over. I have accepted a job, and hope that everything works. I would be moving in May, assuming the position starts end of May.

I'm sorry you have had to endure these toxic family dynamics, too. But the amazing thing about the scapegoat is they have always seen the truth, like you mentioned, and, because of this, are the ones capable of breaking free from the family curse.

You have great advice, and while in school these past couple of years, I normally kept very limited contact with my mom, and I hope to continue having the least amount as possible in the future. And thank you for the reminder about deserving being treated with respect and that I matter. <3 Right back at you!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not at all.

The semester is almost over. I'll just deal. On the bright side, I got a good mark on my math exam so that perked me up a bit.
Way to go on the math exam! :celebrate:

well, suddenly I have my first drum lesson tonight. I'm so glad my friend went with me last night. The guy that owns the school is one of those overly-hyped people who just want to share everything and the INTJ in me was shutting down fast because that's too much to process upon first meeting (dude even had a puppy in the school and he just picked the puppy up and handed it to me...talk about oversharing!) but he was nice and genuine and all that, so I signed up. He's not the teacher, so maybe the teacher will be a bit more chill. I'd actually prefer a no-nonsense blase teacher because people tend to go a bit overboard when dealing with a foreigner in their space. I know I'm not going to get treated like a local even if I feel like one, but it's still something that can get on my nerves, haha. I just wanna learn how to play.
How did the drum lesson go? What was the teacher like?

I tried Buffalo Cauliflower for the first time in my life and it was amazing. Makes me want to be a vegetarian again. I miss it so much. Going to have to learn how to make these.
View attachment 330089

View attachment 330090
That looks delicious! Was it spicy?

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So good news: no infection. Now sure where the odor is coming from, but he's back on Pred and we are to continue the spray for a few days. He is now a 7 on the body condition score, so gotta keep an eye on his weight, especially since he won't be as active while his foot heals.

Not sure why the vet put "Very Minimal Dental Tarter" under Abnormal Condition. Like so it's Abnormal that his teeth are so clean? Lol

The vet also only charged me for his meds and not the office visit because I was just there ten days ago and she felt bad. I'm not going to complain about only spending 14 bucks when normally 80+ is the cheapest I'd pay. She's so sweet.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How did the drum lesson go? What was the teacher like?
Thanks for asking!!

He was the type that I feared he might be, haha, over-excited. The enthusiasm is great and he's really nice and is trying hard to use English when I don't understand something (somehow I'm paying from drum lessons but he's getting English lessons for free, lol) It was all-in-all overwhelming but also encouraging. I've heard some people say their drum teachers make them do the same four-beat progression for like months (wax-on/wax-off I guess) but my guy just dunked me in the deep end and I have until next week to learn three pages worth. I'm allowed to go there and practice at anytime (it's open 24hrs!) so I guess I'm a drummer now? I can barely do two lines of one page though...XD My biggest issue is the tendons in my legs not being used to the stance making it difficult to keep them from shaking when trying to hit the kick drum pedal. I guess I'm also getting a lot of posture training...maybe drums are the answer to my terrible posture...I had a personal trainer a couple years ago and she couldn't fix it hahaha

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Hit the nail on the head. My mom is extremely codependent, but she has many narcissistic tendencies. I always thought my other older brother was the golden child growing up, but since it is only me and this older brother, it seems he is being given the role. Although, my mom always sides with abusive/manipulative people over me when there is a conflict, even when it is not another family member. I'm feeling better today despite having more family conflicts since this last post, and this is fueling me to get my poop together and work hard to move out again once school is over. I have accepted a job, and hope that everything works. I would be moving in May, assuming the position starts end of May.

I'm sorry you have had to endure these toxic family dynamics, too. But the amazing thing about the scapegoat is they have always seen the truth, like you mentioned, and, because of this, are the ones capable of breaking free from the family curse.

You have great advice, and while in school these past couple of years, I normally kept very limited contact with my mom, and I hope to continue having the least amount as possible in the future. And thank you for the reminder about deserving being treated with respect and that I matter. <3 Right back at you!
Thanks, and I hope you can break away from that toxic environment. I’ve had no contact with my mom for a couple of years and went 19 years without contact. I was the one who extended the olive branch and she again stepped (unacceptably) on my boundaries; no more! I’m done being her ____fill in the blank...

Status
Not open for further replies.