The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww.... I am so sorry that the nasty C word has disrupted yours and so many lives. We're being told
to take it one day at a time but sometimes it's hard. :hugs: :redheartpump:
I was able to sleep last night thankfully. I know it's hard but I sometimes have to remind myself there are doctors, nurses and other essential personnel dying out there because of this. We all need to do our parts and be strong and keep going. Whether it's staying home all day without anything to do...or otherwise.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt that they do. Cats, even feral (maybe even especially ferals) are energy sponges, picking up everything going on around them. My own group has been very absent during this mess, only coming to eat when NO ONE is around, fairly late at night. There are two choices...give up, or keep on keeping on and wait to see if they come back when things aren't so tense. THEY KNOW something is different/wrong/bad, and are reacting to that.
I wasn't totally giving up as Sopdet and Shadow were showing still, but I was pretty distraught. Anyway long story short as I made mention on my thread in the feral cats forum, Spirit and Gypsy disappeared because they were fixed. Came back with tipped ears as I saw last night.

Anyway I'm wondering when we'll get back to leading normal lives.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't really have close friends. I mean, I talked to my husband and tried to feel better, and I reached out to my sister-in-law. I'm just tired.
I just vented the same thing a day or two ago. It’s sometimes lonely even with a spouse, especially if they’re preoccupied or distant. I’m sorry 😐 I do believe this pandemic and ensuing fallout has everyone evaluating their lives. I echo your dilemma. It’s good you’re sharing here. After all, we must practice safe distance and stay home 😳

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry just one more thing..:bawling:I'm pretty sad that I work too much for my cat's taste now. He's kind of finicky but has always enjoyed cuddling with me pretty often. I used to wfh twice a week and had time to cuddle him 2-3 times a day while I was working. And of course I would cuddle him once or twice after work too. But with the Coronavirus affecting my work I wfh everyday now but I can only cuddle him once at most during work hours and sometimes none because I have gotten extremely busy. It is likely to be none most days now going forward. I think it's affecting our relationship because now he doesn't want much to do with me at all. I'm pretty heartbroken because he's my heart and the most valuable thing to me in the whole world. I just hope he's not permanently changed. I hate that work is crazy but I just cannot stand that it's changing how my cat is acting towards me. I miss him.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry just one more thing..:bawling:I'm pretty sad that I work too much for my cat's taste now. He's kind of finicky but has always enjoyed cuddling with me pretty often. I used to wfh twice a week and had time to cuddle him 2-3 times a day while I was working. And of course I would cuddle him once or twice after work too. But with the Coronavirus affecting my work I wfh everyday now but I can only cuddle him once at most during work hours and sometimes none because I have gotten extremely busy. It is likely to be none most days now going forward. I think it's affecting our relationship because now he doesn't want much to do with me at all. I'm pretty heartbroken because he's my heart and the most valuable thing to me in the whole world. I just hope he's not permanently changed. I hate that work is crazy but I just cannot stand that it's changing how my cat acting towards me. I miss him.
Glad you got some sleep. Maybe your kittie would like a new toy. There is one that has fake fish in a little pool.
You know how cats are . They get attitudes but they always forgive you.:hugs:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My Wyze Scale and Wyze fitness band arrive today. Can't wait for either. I'm usually the person who looks out the window watching for delivery as soon as I place an order. Wyze cams is expanding on their products. :)

Also wondering why I do such stupid stuff. Just burned my hand from pouring scalding hot water on my shopping latex gloves to sanitize before using the rubbing alcohol.

Last edited:

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry just one more thing..:bawling:I'm pretty sad that I work too much for my cat's taste now. He's kind of finicky but has always enjoyed cuddling with me pretty often. I used to wfh twice a week and had time to cuddle him 2-3 times a day while I was working. And of course I would cuddle him once or twice after work too. But with the Coronavirus affecting my work I wfh everyday now but I can only cuddle him once at most during work hours and sometimes none because I have gotten extremely busy. It is likely to be none most days now going forward. I think it's affecting our relationship because now he doesn't want much to do with me at all. I'm pretty heartbroken because he's my heart and the most valuable thing to me in the whole world. I just hope he's not permanently changed. I hate that work is crazy but I just cannot stand that it's changing how my cat is acting towards me. I miss him.
This will pass...it is hard on pets but they do learn to adapt. Just cuddle him up any time you can ❤

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, Teddy's legs are healing up nicely, however, his left paw is getting funky again. It's not nearly as bad as when his paws were the main issue, but you can tell he's been chewing it again. It also has an odor. We have an antibiotic spray the vet gave us for his legs and it's been doing wonders, so we're gonna use it on his paw and see if that helps clear his paw up. If not, he's going back in. I swear every time we fix one problem another immediately pops up.

Finny's eye seems to be clearing up on its own, albeit a little slowly.

Chewy is starting to piss me off. It takes forever for orders to be delivered now, and my boys are getting really low on food and I haven't even gotten a notification that my order has shipped and I ordered it a while ago. THANK GOD Amazon got their food back in stock and will be delivered Monday.

I swear to Fcking God if I get a notification about how my order has been pushed back I will cry. I don't have the money to buy in bulk all the time dammit.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Teddy's legs are healing up nicely, however, his left paw is getting funky again. It's not nearly as bad as when his paws were the main issue, but you can tell he's been chewing it again. It also has an odor. We have an antibiotic spray the vet gave us for his legs and it's been doing wonders, so we're gonna use it on his paw and see if that helps clear his paw up. If not, he's going back in. I swear every time we fix one problem another immediately pops up.

Finny's eye seems to be clearing up on its own, albeit a little slowly.

Chewy is starting to piss me off. It takes forever for orders to be delivered now, and my boys are getting really low on food and I haven't even gotten a notification that my order has shipped and I ordered it a while ago. THANK GOD Amazon got their food back in stock and will be delivered Monday.

I swear to Fcking God if I get a notification about how my order has been pushed back I will cry. I don't have the money to buy in bulk all the time dammit.
So sorry this is going on.
That odor indicates an infection is present.Try cleaning his paw with a mix of 1 part water, 2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide and
use the spray the vet gave you for his legs. Maybe that will clear it up. :hugs:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So sorry this is going on.
That odor indicates an infection is present.Try cleaning his paw with a mix of 1 part water, 2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide and
use the spray the vet gave you for his legs. Maybe that will clear it up. :hugs:
That's what I was thinking. It doesn't look that bad thankfully so I hope I caught it early on. I do have some cleaner the vet gave us a while back I don't think it expires but I'll check

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I am wondering why every time for the past 20 years, whenever I order something it's like begging them to deliver what I paid for. Especially when other people who ordered after me have their items already and live farther away from the warehouse than I do. This has nothing to do with the pandemic. This is a 20 year issue with me. At least I got my scale (although after reading the numbers I'm sorry I did_)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Doesn't someone here on TCS homeschool her kids? :think: I saw an article about an educational game that is now free to parents. It's 75% off (just $5!) for anyone who is bored and just wants a game to play and maybe learn a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.