The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out that my grandmother has entered hospice. She's survived several cancers, and when they found yet another tumor, she decided not to have it treated. She's in her nineties and feels like more chemo and surgery would be a waste.

No one knows how long she has. It could be months.

My grandmother is a strong woman. She grew up during the Depression and WWII, raised seven children, lost my grandfather relatively early, and is a multi-cancer survivor. I feel like I haven't lived up to her example. She'd never say it, but I think I disappoint and worry her too much. I am so, so sorry for that.
My heart goes out to you.
Some grandmothers are just that special, y'know?
I lived with my grandmother for 3 of my highschool years, she was a wonderful influence. She taught me things I didn't even realize I'd learned until much later in life, just by her example. Still, she was a different person, and a different generation. I'm sure there were things I did that she didn't necessarily approve of, but she never really criticized. I think she realized that there were just some things we all have to learn on our own. The love is the important part.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out that my grandmother has entered hospice. She's survived several cancers, and when they found yet another tumor, she decided not to have it treated. She's in her nineties and feels like more chemo and surgery would be a waste.

My grandmother is a strong woman. She grew up during the Depression and WWII, raised seven children, lost my grandfather relatively early, and is a multi-cancer survivor. I feel like I haven't lived up to her example. She'd never say it, but I think I disappoint and worry her too much. I am so, so sorry for that.
I'm so sorry, Katie. I doubt she feels that way. :hugs: :redheartpump::hearthrob:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I"m wondering why this stupid phone keeps sending me notifications every 2 seconds when I have notifications turned off and I"m extremely tech challenged.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean. On a scale of one to ten for aggravation factor of new electronic devices, I'm at about a 22.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
And I'm trying to convert one of my extra Wyze Cams into a web cam per Wyze's instructions. Although I can't figure out a use for one, I could probably use it to cheer some people up at nursing homes or whatever. Although I'd better clean up my area first. haha

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's one thing that I will never, ever use. My tablet has two cameras built in, and I have the forward-facing one covered up with an adhesive dot.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes but this is a new normal due to circumstances and I'm helping test the thing as there are people in nursing homes that have no one. I sign up for these things though and not sure what I"m doing. haha

And who says the cam has to be on me? The cam can be facing outside looking at the cats so people can get a joy watching them. :)

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bit of good news-I'm still maintaining my 4.0 and made it on the President's List again 🤓

Congrats!
:celebrate::woo::banana1::bunnydance::banana2::party::party2::celebrate::woohoo::jive::celebrate:

I can't sleep, so I'm just waiting for my new class to start at midnight.
What class are you starting?

Starting Monday I will (finally) be getting hazard pay. Should have gotten it from the start, but I'll take it lol
Thank goodness, glad they started to do this. How has your work environment been lately?

I'm so sorry :hugs: You're grandma is strong woman. I second what furball said about asking her.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie Advanced Coding

I spoke with my grandmother this morning. She assured me that I've been a wonderful granddaughter :sniffle:

She's decided that, in the interest of fairness, none of us are to visit. She said it would have to be everyone or no one, and she's afraid someone will inadvertently bring the virus in. I can understand this, although it does hurt a bit to know that I've already seen her for the last time.

Treasure your time with your family. You never know which time will be the last.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I can understand this, although it does hurt a bit to know that I've already seen her for the last time.
I'm so sorry. :grouphug: Is she local? Can you go see her through a window and talk to her?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. :grouphug: Is she local? Can you go see her through a window and talk to her?
She lives in Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, she's serious about this-one of my aunts is making dinner for her today, and she's supposed to leave it on the back porch.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I understand the precautions the vet clinic is taking, but I really hate not being with my boys. While I was checking out via phone I heard Teddy crying. He's not used to me not being there and it made me sad :( I'm glad I trust this clinic. Still made me anxious, though.

W WillowMarie

The Emergency Department has been pretty vacant for the most part. Guess it took a pandemic and a stay at home order for people to realize they don't need the EMERGENCY department for every little sniffle and scrape lol

So far not too many COVID. The most I had during my shift was six, and it hasn't gone above three/four since. It's gonna get worse, I know. At least I'll be getting paid around 16 an hour instead of 12.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aislyn's mother called and said she was dropping her off in 20 minutes and she would need to be here for at least 2 weeks. They live 4 hours away! At the very least, she couldn't have called as she was leaving her house? And I'm 31 weeks pregnant - pregnancy is considered high risk for this - and I have no idea if they've been quarantining or not. She was dirty and her hair was so greasy, it looked wet. She got here at nearly 10pm and hadn't even had dinner! I got her straight into the bath and threw her clothes in the washer. I was in such a hurry, I forgot to get a picture. It's just so ridiculous. I'm fine with having her, but I would have liked some warning. And I really hope she hasn't been exposed to the virus. Now I'm really stressed and I'm gonna be questioning every cough.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="Alicia88, post: 5141160, member: 105287"
Aislyn's mother called and said she was dropping her off in 20 minutes and she would need to be here for at least 2 weeks. They live 4 hours away! At the very least, she couldn't have called as she was leaving her house? And I'm 31 weeks pregnant - pregnancy is considered high risk for this - and I have no idea if they've been quarantining or not. She was dirty and her hair was so greasy, it looked wet. She got here at nearly 10pm and hadn't even had dinner! I got her straight into the bath and threw her clothes in the washer. I was in such a hurry, I forgot to get a picture. It's just so ridiculous. I'm fine with having her, but I would have liked some warning. And I really hope she hasn't been exposed to the virus. Now I'm really stressed and I'm gonna be questioning every cough.
[/QUOTE]

Was this a scheduled visit of 2 weeks? Poor thing, 10pm and no dinner?? Had she spoken to Jon and about having her come?
Well, take some deep breaths and try to stay calm. She's 7 right? She can be of some help to you. Give her little jobs to do like dusting etc. Show her baby clothes online and ask her opinion.] :hugs: :

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="Alicia88, post: 5141160, member: 105287"
Was this a scheduled visit of 2 weeks? Poor thing, 10pm and no dinner?? Had she spoken to Jon and about having her come?
Well, take some deep breaths and try to stay calm. She's 7 right? She can be of some help to you. Give her little jobs to do like dusting etc. Show her baby clothes online and ask her opinion.] :hugs: :
[/QUOTE]

Nope, it wasn't scheduled. She hadn't spoken to John. John didn't ask to have her during the quarantine because travel isn't exactly safe right now. We were both completely blindsided. And yes, she's 7. Honestly, having her here makes my life a thousand times easier. Aedan adores her and he plays with her and I get a massive break. I have no problem with her being here. I would have just liked to have some notice and prepare. And it would have been nice to be able to ask her mother some questions and see what their risk of exposure was. But she basically dropped off Aislyn off and left right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.