The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
:hugs:

You'd think I'd be used to this. I'm home most of the time anyway. This time is different, though. I know I'm here now because something's very wrong. It's eating away at me.
Yes, this IS different. I'll read an article or 2 so I'm informed but
it's not healthy to let it consume you. :hugs: :hearthrob::redheartpump:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I know :disappointed:

I have an anxiety disorder, which I think is made worse by my depression. I worry so much about things, and I can't seem to stop that.
I'm the same way, sweetie. Shrink calls it "catastrophizing" and these uncertain times make it worse.
I know you like to hike. Have you been doing that?💖

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I, too, worry a LOT about things that may happen. The trick is to remind yourself that about 99% of the things you worry about DO NOT COME TRUE.....it absolutely makes no difference if you worry or not, you cannot change the past. It may help to figure out a few things in the future, but really, try to live in the present as cats do. Live by the motto, ce qui serra serra, what will be will be. Or c'est la vie, that is life, it helps me to remember that, and for some reason, french sounds better!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know :disappointed:

I have an anxiety disorder, which I think is made worse by my depression. I worry so much about things, and I can't seem to stop that.
I have a lot of anxiety and I can't seem to stop worrying. I also have depression and take Zoloft which does not help much.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to figure out how to hog tie my very insane and stubborn 96 year old mother at home as she's throwing fits and destroying stuff because SHE wants to grocery shop. No one here helps me with that either.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
despite the fact, that we successfully invest, we would like to receive pensions only from the state fund, which will take on both the risk of losing investments and the risk of surviving our assets :) we are ready to pay more taxes in order to increase these pensions :) but alas. ..

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the same way, sweetie. Shrink calls it "catastrophizing" and these uncertain times make it worse.
I know you like to hike. Have you been doing that?💖
My governor issued a stay at home order, so I can't :(

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always home, but I'm getting sick of being here now that I can't leave. It's annoying.

And, it just hit me that I have less than 10 weeks before this baby comes and we're not ready. We were waiting to do much shopping until after the baby shower, which we had to cancel. And now I can't go shopping for her and we have almost nothing. I don't know how long this will go on. We can get by with just some diapers and a car seat. If worse comes to worse, she can wear Aedan's old baby clothes. If people would just stay the hell home, we could be done with this sooner rather than later.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you in WV like your profile says? This says you can still go for a walk/hike.
Governor Issues Stay-at-Home Order
Huh. That's not what I had been told. I was under the impression that we could only go out if it was absolutely essential, like for groceries or medications.

I did go to my parents' house last week to do laundry. My stepfather reasoned that it was more hygienic than using my building's machines, which made it okay.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always home, but I'm getting sick of being here now that I can't leave. It's annoying.

And, it just hit me that I have less than 10 weeks before this baby comes and we're not ready. We were waiting to do much shopping until after the baby shower, which we had to cancel. And now I can't go shopping for her and we have almost nothing. I don't know how long this will go on. We can get by with just some diapers and a car seat. If worse comes to worse, she can wear Aedan's old baby clothes. If people would just stay the hell home, we could be done with this sooner rather than later.
You could shop online. I know Amazon is prioritizing shipments, but they will still ship out baby items.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to figure out how to hog tie my very insane and stubborn 96 year old mother at home as she's throwing fits and destroying stuff because SHE wants to grocery shop. No one here helps me with that either.
I know how your mother feels. I feel the same way because I can't get out to do my own grocery shopping. I can do my own shopping but on one will take me.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

What is wrong with your daughter to be wearing her brother's baby clothes? Do you think she cares or that Aedan cares? You will save a lot of money this way also. Even if Aedan's clothes are all boy-type (blue) a girl will look just fine in blue also. Don't stress over silly stuff like that.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

Here is a good site to buy from online. Reasonable prices
gerberchildrenswear.com

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Just got a text message from my daughter who lives in a very small town in Montana where they have not yet had a case of the virus although there is one case in the next small town. Schools, restaurants, bars are closed but my daughter works in a big-box-type store as a stocker. She said there are whole families coming into the store just to look around at stuff, apparently they have nothing else to do although there is also an order of social distancing etc. Nobody seems to care. I asked her if the management isn't going to do something about that but have not yet received an answer. Are these people just stupid or don't care or don't believe that they are in danger or are a danger to others?
We have a large grocery store here with someone at the front exit (the entrance is closed) where people line up with their grocery carts. Only one person is allowed into the store if someone comes out, this way they can monitor how many people are in the store at a time. Senior citizens are ushered in before anyone else is allowed in which was a surprise to me as I was expecting to stand in line like everybody else. Apparently they don't want us to be exposed any more than we have to and standing in line is not conducive to social distancing. I was grateful and noticed once inside that there really much fewer people inside than usual. Of course I will keep my visits to the store at a minimum and if I really just need one or two items will either do without or ask my young neighbors to pick them up for me and just leave them in front of my door.
Some people are so dense that I had to ask a customer in a different store via the person in front of me who spoke Spanish to please stand back from me as they were crowding me at the checkout, they were not happy, gave me dirty looks and grumbled in Spanish about me being just racist and that I was a "puta", little did they know that I speak just enough Spanish to get the gist of what they were saying but not enough to ask them to stay a little farther away from me myself, when I asked them in English, they just stared at me.
Petsmart now will bring your purchase outside if you called in your order and then call them once you arrive at the store. Walmart will bring your purchases out and put them in your trunk. So I can certainly understand my daughter being upset about whole families coming into the store where she works.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed there's a certain mentality to the Western/Plains state residents, especially in small towns. Like, one of my co-workers says "we're doomed" but he's going to Menard's after work anyway. I think it comes from the fact that back in the day, everybody knew you could die in a blizzard just trying to get to your own barn, but, well, the cows have to eat so you go anyway. Or even now, you know very well you could die from driving on ice, but, well, you gotta go to work whether there's ice or not. Just kind of a. . .resignation I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.