The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, Uber allows both riders and drivers to rate each other. The ratings are anonymous and you can't see a breakdown of the ratings. I rated a Lyft driver negatively once because he could not follow the GPS on the app and literally drove circles around the block :bat:

I have to take Uber to and from work now instead of public transportation. I charge the rides directly to the company. Tips are optional but I like to do it so the driver gets extra money.

If 25% is fine, then I have no idea what I could have done that was negatively reflected on my rating :dunno:

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently my rating is 4.64. Guess I could have been a better rider!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are paying them and they are rating you? What a lot of nonsense.
I mean, in some ways it's fair. Like if there's someone that's constantly rude to drivers, or making a mess in cars, I can see wanting to warn other uber drivers not to pick them up. I thought I've been a pretty good rider, but I know I've been distracted and not seen them right away, which may knock me down a peg.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is what Uber says about their rating system:

After each trip, Uber riders and Uber drivers are given the opportunity to rate one another based on their trip experience – an important part of Uber customer service for both riders and drivers.
Ratings are from one to five stars and you can see your average rating in your app – it’s a star sign with a number next to it.
The rating system is designed to be an important measure of quality on the Uber platform, helping keep the rider and driver experience safe, comfortable and enjoyable.
The two-way system means that both riders and drivers are held accountable for their behavior on a ride – and lets both sides have a better idea of what the person they are riding with is like.
Ratings are anonymous, so rating a driver or rider does not affect your account, but having a high rating means you are more likely to be prioritized by drivers if you are a rider, and more likely to appeal to riders if you are a driver.

For a rider, rating the driver is like giving them a performance review. If you had a great experience, then you give a 5 star rating and add in any positive comments. If the ride was awful, then you rate it accordingly and someone from Uber may reach out to get additional info. A driver with enough low ratings may be removed from the Uber system and not allowed to drive for the company.

I'm not sure what drivers use the rider rating for. I saw one article that said rider ratings lets other drivers know if a rider is worth picking up for a ride or not. A rider who has a low rating for whatever reason may be passed over for rides.

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I have only used Uber once and that was when my car was in the shop and the shop called for Uber to take me home and they paid for it too. Same when it was repaired so I have no opinion about Uber but think that the shop was extremely nice to make sure I could get home and back to pick up my car the next day.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Im hoping and praying my mama gets better..Shes 81 in nursing home and in stage 4 kidney failure..Drs said she dont have long..Shes not eating and drinking enough at all...Also she has dementia....Thats been on my mind constantly lately..but I know God has his plan for her..and shes not gonna be around much longer..but cant hurt to have hope...:(:disappointed:😔😢😥😿🙏👵

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im hoping and praying my mama gets better..Shes 81 in nursing home and in stage 4 kidney failure..Drs said she dont have long..Shes not eating and drinking enough at all...Also she has dementia....Thats been on my mind constantly lately..but I know God has his plan for her..and shes not gonna be around much longer..but cant hurt to have hope...:(:disappointed:😔😢😥😿🙏👵
My best to you and your mother. I hope she gets better soon.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hugs:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :vibes:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mama. :hugs: :hearthrob::redheartpump:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made some phone call/video chat plans with friends this week. I also checked in with a classmate who has been posting memes, etc. about struggling mentally. They are not doing too hot, struggling without a schedule, and I told them I will keep checking in on them and to let me know if they need anything.

I'm strangely calm, but I also have not needed to leave the house. I've handled groceries, but my family has a system where my mom carried them in, I wipe them with alcohol, and my brother puts the clean groceries away. We also did this with my mom's elderly friend's groceries before my mom took them to her house.

Still wondering how long I'll have to keep paying for my rental as I'm not sure when it will be safe to travel half way across the US to clean it out... 🤷‍♀️ At least my anxiety has settled on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.