The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I absolutely hate when I order things off of Amazon and the mail/delivery person doesn't even try.

I ordered an attachment for my bike so that my dog and I can go riding together. I got up early enough and waited. There was no knock on the door but I got an email saying the package was delivered. When I opened the door, there was a note saying I missed the delivery which is absolute crap. How do you not knock my door and assume I'm not home? Now, I might have to wait until Friday after 1pm before I can get it. About 90% of the time when I order stuff off of Amazon, the delivery portion of the order goes left. They have implemented a few changes but the people doing the actual package drop off are the problem.
Who did the delivery? We have had packages scanned as delivered and then show up a day or 2 later from USPS. IMO The most reliable deliveries are made by Amazon themselves.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got food!! :yess: It was a grocery store much farther from home. They had a lot more stocked up. Not sure why. Maybe crazy people don't live in that area.

I felt like I could have eaten dinner 10x over.
Thank goodness! I was just thinking of you last night, especially since things have been challenging emotionally. How have you been holding up? Great to hear some good happening for you!! <3

W WillowMarie I think in a case like this your old doc would call in a refill.
I should try... Hopefully. It has just been a couple years since I've seen her, since I haven't had a physical since being out of town during summers for work opportunities or school... Thanks! Just sent it e-mail! I know it is always better to try than let the anxiety in my head win... but it is hard sometimes! <3 Thanks for the push Mia6.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness! I was just thinking of you last night, especially since things have been challenging emotionally. How have you been holding up? Great to hear some good happening for you!! <3
Thanks for asking! I'm managing okay. Our Friday class is online and everyone is in a group chat video conference type program. It's called Zoom. So, at least I get to interact with my teacher and classmates there once a week so it's not so bad. And I reached out to a friend last night when I was feeling down. I need to buy more canvases too so I can continue to paint. I find that that helps as well since it's very calming.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had made an appointment for a large rental van to move my stuff from NC to IL, but decided this morning it was too risky... And as the universe has it, the rental place called and said they were unable to secure the large van for me to rent and could cancel or provide something else. Guess it was not meant to be. It's safer this way. Telling myself that a couple months rent and utility payments are a drop in the ocean in the long scheme of things...

Updates on after graduation stuff:

Accepted: 2 seasonal accepted, but 1 was canceled (IL safety-net job that I was really looking forward to!!) a few days ago due to severe lack in funding. The other one is also government funded, so we'll see what happens...

Declines: Grad school... he picked another person because he personally knew their references, but he says he wishes he had a second position because I would have been top choice. He said I had great qualities for starting straight to PhD program, let alone MS, but his university and department do not favor straight to PhD, and he only had 1MS and 1 PhD position he was filling. Guess this will give me more time to research opportunities. It may also be good to build up a savings in the next 6 months to year to prepare for grad school as graduate stipends are hard to live off of. Having savings would also allow me to live comfortable (alone vs. having roommates).

Offered: 1 more offer was received yesterday

Interviews: 1 more interview request that is happening today

At this point, wondering if any other opportunities will lost funding... Everything is very up in the air, so we'll see where it goes.

Thanks for asking! I'm managing okay. Our Friday class is online and everyone is in a group chat video conference type program. It's called Zoom. So, at least I get to interact with my teacher and classmates there once a week so it's not so bad. And I reached out to a friend last night when I was feeling down. I need to buy more canvases too so I can continue to paint. I find that that helps as well since it's very calming.
Way to go for reaching out to a friend <3 I'm sure they were happy you did! Once you get more supplies and do more art, feel free to post more of your art! Your art is always so nice to look at. Keep us updated about how you are doing.

Zoom seems to be very popular. My finance class is also using that. I've also been tuning in to this informative series they are offering for free this next month: 2020 IEC Lunch & Learn Series They are using Zoom, too. Lots of environmental topics, and a great way to keep connected or "see" others. The talk from yesterday was very interesting and about growing your own food.

For the Zoom class session, did anyone have their sound turned on? My teacher asked everyone to make sure they mute their sound to prevent background noise, haha. I'm excited for my class though!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I had made an appointment for a large rental van to move my stuff from NC to IL, but decided this morning it was too risky... And as the universe has it, the rental place called and said they were unable to secure the large van for me to rent and could cancel or provide something else. Guess it was not meant to be. It's safer this way. Telling myself that a couple months rent and utility payments are a drop in the ocean in the long scheme of things...

Updates on after graduation stuff:

Accepted: 2 seasonal accepted, but 1 was canceled (IL safety-net job that I was really looking forward to!!) a few days ago due to severe lack in funding. The other one is also government funded, so we'll see what happens...

Declines: Grad school... he picked another person because he personally knew their references, but he says he wishes he had a second position because I would have been top choice. He said I had great qualities for starting straight to PhD program, let alone MS, but his university and department do not favor straight to PhD, and he only had 1MS and 1 PhD position he was filling. Guess this will give me more time to research opportunities. It may also be good to build up a savings in the next 6 months to year to prepare for grad school as graduate stipends are hard to live off of. Having savings would also allow me to live comfortable (alone vs. having roommates).

Offered: 1 more offer was received yesterday

Interviews: 1 more interview request that is happening today

At this point, wondering if any other opportunities will lost funding... Everything is very up in the air, so we'll see where it goes.

Way to go for reaching out to a friend <3 I'm sure they were happy you did! Once you get more supplies and do more art, feel free to post more of your art! Your art is always so nice to look at. Keep us updated about how you are doing.

Zoom seems to be very popular. My finance class is also using that. I've also been tuning in to this informative series they are offering for free this next month: 2020 IEC Lunch & Learn Series They are using Zoom, too. Lots of environmental topics, and a great way to keep connected or "see" others. The talk from yesterday was very interesting and about growing your own food.

For the Zoom class session, did anyone have their sound turned on? My teacher asked everyone to make sure they mute their sound to prevent background noise, haha. I'm excited for my class though!
I agree with you. Savings would be good to have. I'm glad you are organized and prepared. You seem to have everything layed out. You know what needs to be done and what's happening so that's really good. Coronavirus isn't affecting your graduation though, right?

There are information sessions for Zoom? That sounds interesting. I wonder if they have one on cats lol. I'll have to look into that.

Our teacher told us to turn off our audio as well but people still kept it on. At one point, someone had rap music playing in the background which was super awkward and then at another point, it sounded like someone farted and we were all laughing. No way of knowing who it was! 😂

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you. Savings would be good to have. I'm glad you are organized and prepared. You seem to have everything layed out. You know what needs to be done and what's happening so that's really good. Coronavirus isn't affecting your graduation though, right?

There are information sessions for Zoom? That sounds interesting. I wonder if they have one on cats lol. I'll have to look into that.

Our teacher told us to turn off our audio as well but people still kept it on. At one point, someone had rap music playing in the background which was super awkward and then at another point, it sounded like someone farted and we were all laughing. No way of knowing who it was! 😂

Not sure if they will have an in-person graduation, but I will still be graduating for sure. I was only taking electives this semester, so no lab classes that require attendance (not sure how colleges are handling those, like chem classes, where you cannot miss more than 2 labs or fail, I'd hope they would make exceptions). Sent an e-mail to my professor who approved my independent study with additional ideas since I cannot small mammal trap (teaching myself R-programming: a very popular statistics program that is important for many jobs and grad opportunities, using GPS/GIS to map habitat charecteristics of the stream behind my house in the park, and writing papers on small mammals). I'm sure he will be flexible.

My school also seems to make decisions last minute, so won't probably hear until right before we are supposed to head back for in-person. There is a large university about a half hour away from my school, and they announced extended spring break and classes online days before my school announced the change.

Nooooo, haha! That's too funny someone farted...Hopefully my class Zoom is less eventful... 😂

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 Did you get toilet paper?
It took me a few tries, but I got the mission done. :D

group chat video conference type program. It's called Zoom.
All my son's work meetings are on Zoom. That way no one has to drive an hour just for an hour meeting. Nothing to do with the virus, just convenience.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I JUST RECEIVED A TEXT I HAVE A PRESCRIPTION AT WALMART!!!! The doctor must have filled it, thank goodness! It is $50.25, but my insurance should cover it once they are given the information. It not, I'll still buy it at that price. (Update: it was covered by my insurance, yea!) So relieved!

Edit #2 Not sure how it got filled because my message back from the doctor staff said my doctor would not be in the office until March 30th, and saying I haven't been to the office for almost two years...She must have done it remotely. Thank goodness!

Thank you again for the push, Mia! :heartshape:

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I JUST RECEIVED A TEXT I HAVE A PRESCRIPTION AT WALMART!!!! The doctor must have filled it, thank goodness! It is $50.25, but my insurance should cover it once they are given the information. It not, I'll still buy it at that price. (Update: it was covered by my insurance, yea!) So relieved!

Edit #2 Not sure how it got filled because my message back from the doctor staff said my doctor would not be in the office until March 30th, and saying I haven't been to the office for almost two years...She must have done it remotely. Thank goodness!

Thank you again for the push, Mia! :heartshape:
You're welcome, so glad she did that. You can feel more relaxed now that you have another,:hugs::hellocomputer:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're welcome, so glad she did that. You can feel more relaxed now that you have another,:hugs::hellocomputer:
I do feel more relaxed. Although, the inhaler may not be picked up unless I need it or until things calm down because I realized I'd have to walk into the store to get it... I may try calling and asking if they could run it out to me. We'll see. Very relieved though!

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do feel more relaxed. Although, the inhaler may not be picked up unless I need it or until things calm down because I realized I'd have to walk into the store to get it... I may try calling and asking if they could run it out to me. We'll see. Very relieved though!
you need to try breathing exercises :) there are many different complexes, from which you can choose the most optimal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.